“Great gelato!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Clarkston, Michigan
“Great gelato!”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Delicious, from scratch homemade foods. The gelato is an extra special treat. All are made right there and some with local ingredients. The gelato is the best priced in metro detroit! More comfortable, eat in seating would make this place an A+.

• Visited March 2012

White Lake, Michigan, United States
“Wish they were closer to home!”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

This restaurant was wonderful. The pizza was absolutely delicious and myself being a gluten free eater and my husband not we got to try both gluten free and regular pizza which the gluten free was WONDERFUL. My husband told me the regular was amazing too! My kids who are all gluten free pigged this pizza down no differently then the way they use to eat the non-gluten free pizza. I was so impressed. I have had Buddy's gluten free and Picasso of Pizza's gluten free both left much to be desired, but I honestly could not tell that this pizza from Mama Maria's was gluten free! We also tried their pumpkin gelato and I was so impressed with all the food I bought more gluten free pie crusts and some mixes from them too before leaving. The prices are wonderful, we got 2 medium pizzas and some breadsticks for $20. We will be back as it is definitely worth the 30 minute trek.

• Visited November 2011
“Garlic”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Recently ordered a pizza and some fettucini Alfredo. Way too much garlic in both items, but the prices are very reasonable and they have gluten free selections.

Kaiserslautern, Germany
“A little bit of everything, with a lot of great taste!”
Reviewed October 24, 2009

Locally owned and operated, Mama Maria's is a welcome addition to the commute home along M-15, about 10 minutes from I-75, for those working "in the city," as the country folks say. The restaurant offers fresh, delicious pizza, excellent coffee, decadent desserts, and fantastic gellato. The fried pickles are worth a try; instead of nasty, thick batter, they're covered in a tasty dill and bread crumb mixture. Service is fast and friendly, even as the food is made from scratch. Prices are reasonable even though items tend to be more gourmet. This is more of a take-out joint (but without the take-out joint cheap food), but there is a small dining room with several tables for those wishing to dine in. The main thing that could be improved is having more of a seating area for those wishing to dine in, but it does make a comfortable enough cafe with fantastic food.

Columbiaville MI
“Best Calzones Around - My Family Loves Them!”
Reviewed July 22, 2009

Everything made from scratch. Family owned. I love the calzone's - as does my entire family. This is how a calzone should be made. Mostly take-out (with drive-thru window). Prices are quite reasonable and a great value for your money!