“Awfull!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Bullfrogs
Ranked #12 of 15 Restaurants in Ortonville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Commerce Township, Michigan
“Awfull!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stopped in last night after a bad experience 2yrs. ago when were told they had a new cook and please give them another try. This time the frog legs were in this thick globby yellow bath of butter and lemon, my potato was old and hard, my husbands salmon was ok, but his sweet potato fries were not fresh cooked and on the soggy side. Somehow my husband got what looked like fresh broccoli while I got the old mushy looking serving. I will say the venison/chicken chili was delicious. You may be asking why we didn't send things back...well after our waitress delivered out food we never saw her again, we had to ask another waitress to find ours. Wish I had taken a picture of what we got, Never again!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Monica H

Ferndale, Michigan
“STEAK BITES + LAKE LOUISE = TASTY VIEW”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Sitting outside in the summer is just so wonderful with the view of Lake Louise & the great view.

I go here rather often. For the first time today, I had the steak bites and a strawberry spinach salad. The steak bites were succulent, nicely charred and quite tasty. They were complemented with a little pico de gallo. I asked for extra garlic to spread on the steak and it was delish.

The Strawberry Spinach Salad was fresh, tasty quite large. The presentation is colorful and lovely.

The place is lively. Outside the bar was rather busy People just like sitting outside.

Now, the service isn't the greatest. The waitress today did triple duty. Would have had a couple of more beers and dessert, but try as she did, she couldn't take care of us like most because the place was short staffed. Not the biggest mistake, but management needs to pay attention because they lost quite a few add-on sales.

There is a large parking lot, restrooms are clean and the restaurant is spacious.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Holly, Michigan
“DO NOT GO HERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I found a hair in my food once, next time i ordereda nacho to go and there was zero cheese excpet a little on the top. I talked to the owner jon and he was very rude and down right stupid. Never go to bullforgs or boat bar, you will get bad food and terrible pours.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank george b
Ortonville, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible food, terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have visited Bullfrog's restaurant only once and my fiance and I have vowed to never eat there again! The food was not good, I ordered well done steak bites, they were under cooked and tough. The staff was rude to my fiance and I and even some of the other restaurant patrons were rude and gave us dirty looks. Their prices are ridiculously high, especially compared to their competitors. The only good thing I can say about this place is that it sits on a lake which affords it a beautiful view. Overall, I think this is not a good place to eat and I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
michigan
“GREAT RESTAURANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

GREAT food, well worth the price!!!!!!!!!!!! Great service atmosphere!!!!!!!!!!!!!Had Blackened salmon,terrific bread sticks, salad veggies. will go there again.

• Visited February 2013