“Good value for money”

SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Orion
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stay here each week while working for a client in Auburn Hills, and have been doing it for the past year. I deleted an earlier review because I wanted to share the improving condition. The management is striving to improve the atmosphere and cleanliness. The rooms are cleaned better than they have been in the past, especially the bathrooms. Also, the security is good and I know the hotel takes care of items left in their care. Breakfast is changing to include healthier options.

The staff is good to work with, and I appreciate how they go out of their way to help me.

Room Tip: Top floor at an end of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Lisa P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Mr. F.

Thank you for your kind review and also taking the time to sit with me and share your concerns. We are glad to know that you have seen the improvements that we have been working on and that this has met with your approval. We will continue to strive to improve our customer service and the property as a whole. We look forward to your continued feedback.

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I live in the area but I work out of my home. Sometimes my 4 year old son and I just want to go stay at a hotel for fun. We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and my son did not want to leave.
Nice staff, GORGEOUS and very clean room, nice pool area. We will definitely go again some time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We are so happy to know that you and your son enjoyed your little getaway at our hotel! We hope you will come back to see us soon. Thank you for your kind words. I will be sure to share them with our staff.

SIncerely,

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Loved the modern decor, room was comfy and clean. Excellent soundproofing, the only place we heard the crying baby next door was in the hallway :)
Our teen daughter says the sofa bed was comfortable. We were happy to find a room with three beds at such a reasonable price.
After returning from a concert at DTE, it was late and we were hungry. The desk staff was able to recommend a couple of pizza places that were still open. Desk staff were very helpful and friendly.
The complimentary breakfast had a lot of variety, but we just had coffee and found a nearby restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MichiganLibrarian

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel online. We are happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay and we hope you will come back and visit us soon. When you do, please be sure to try out our new Springhill Breakfast, which offers fresh fruit, a variety of breads and cereals, deli meats and cheeses, and toppings, like fresh spinach, salsa, and cheese, for the eggs. Thank you again for your kind remarks. I will be sure to share them with the staff!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

For a hotel that's about 5 years old its quickly showing is age or at least my room was. I assume my room is rented out more often since it is at the end of the hall. The bed has a visible body print the size of a large man, the carpet and couch had stains but those thing I could look beyond what grossed me out we're the whiskers stuck to the wall inside the shower! It was clear to me that the shower was cleaned 1-2 times a month. There was mold in the corners and along the bottom of the door. I'm not a super housewife but there are 2 showers a day in my home and my tub is cleaned only once a week and I don't have mold at home so a shower used once a day and cleaned once a day should be SPOTLESS!

The rooms square footage wise are small when you actually stop and think about it but their use of space and colors really make it feel big. Their decor was trendy and not boring typical hotel couch, bed, tv lined up one long wall. There was also a nice fridge and microwave which I see other hotel chains doing away with.

All in all it was an OK stay. If. I had made my review before getting into the shower it would have been 4 or maybe 5 stars.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CarrieKA

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience online. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I have shared this review with my housekeeping and engineering managers to review how we can eliminate this experience in the future. We hope you would be willing to give us another try to see the improvements that we have made.

We do appreciate your feedback and will strive to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Loved this hotel. Rooms were spacious and clean. Breakfast choices were very good with some healthy options. Staff were very friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. I would certainly recommend this hotel to any of our clients visiting this beautiful area of Michigan.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Steve T

Thank you for your kind words! I will be sure to pass them along to my staff and let them know that their efforts were recognized.

I am glad that you enjoyed the new Springhill breakfast! It is quite a change of pace from the standard hotel breakfast!

We hope you will be back to visit again soon!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Traumatic experience. Planned to stay 2 nights with spouse and our 2 young children. Check in was great. At 11:30pm, night staff member barged into our room unannounced, uninvited without warning and without our consent and yes our door was locked. It scared the whole family and oddly no one responded to my screams. Mario was rude, unprofessional. He did not identify himself by name and was not wearing identification. I learned his name later. He blamed me, other staff and the computer for what he alleged was an error in notification that the room was vacant. He then left and called our room a while later hung up when I answered then called again. I am astounded by his unprofessionalism and rudeness. He continued to blame us and other staff for his error. Only he knows what his true motivation was for barging into our room, breaching our privacy and causing a night of terror. Additionally he returned at 3:30am and was pounding on the door adjacent to our room. My young children were traumatized and so was I. It was horrible. When we checked out Nick was wonderful, compassionate and apologetic and it was not his fault. He assisted us in contacting the general manager and she said she would look into this breach of policy and procedures and get back to us the next day. We have not heard from her. We will never stay at this hotel again. My children and I have had nightmares. It was a horrible experience and inexcusable!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Sb98c
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Good value with large rooms. Everything was what you would expect. Went for a wedding with a large group. Everyone enjoyed staying at this friendly hotel. Only criticism is the elevator floors were not cleaned well and the room carpeting needed cleaning. Everything else was as expected. Good value.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom W
Joleisha B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for your four star review. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orion
Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
#4 of 17 in Auburn Hills
Quality Inn Auburn Hills
Quality Inn Auburn Hills
#3 of 17 in Auburn Hills
TownePlace Suites Detroit Auburn Hills
Hampton Inn Detroit / Auburn Hills - North (Great Lakes Crossing Area)
Comfort Suites Auburn Hills
Comfort Suites Auburn Hills
#6 of 17 in Auburn Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Auburn Hills

Been to SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills? Share your experiences!