All reviewscould hear our neighborsworking areasliding glassgreat lakeswould stay here againjimmy johnsdance competitionnice hotelshower doorcontinental breakfast isroom layoutthe cleaning crewan average hotelnice pool areahear everythingwaffle makercheck in was a breeze
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel was very nice! Both the lobby & rooms had contemporary decor. A very, warm & inviting atmosphere. The hot buffet breakfast was awesome not to mention free! Was not pleased with front desk staff. I booked 2 rms w/ my credit card. My family arrived & checked in before I did. When I arrived, I asked what room was the rest of my family assigned to. They said they couldn't tell me b/c of privacy issues. I stressed my card paid for the rooms & I am entitled to know. They refused to tell me! Other than that experience the hotel stay was great. And I just called my family from the lobby & asked what room were they in!

• Stayed: October 2012
Lisa P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our property and your experience with us. I will certainly pass this along to our staff to let them know the impact that their efforts had on your stay.

I know that our security measures can sometimes seem inconvenient, but we always keep our guests safety forefront in our thoughts and actions. I will discuss this with my front desk staff to see if there is a way that we could have handled this situation in a kinder fashion.

Thank you for allowing us to take care of your lodging needs. We hope you will visit us again next time you are in the area.

Lisa Pusateri

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed here for a night while in town for a wedding. The room wasn't ready when I arrived at noon, but it was my fault for not organizing an early check in. Once I did get a room, I was pleasantly surprised by the modern decor and layout. Overall, the hotel is clean and has an updated feel and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Joleisha B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for your four star review. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Should of been here last night instead of at Auburn hotel and suites!! This is the place to be. Big, colorful, ( ours is greens,whites..very calming)clean rooms with large desk area separated from the the 2 queen beds by a dbl sliding glass wall inserts. A tall coffee table separates it from the "L" shaped,sofa sleeper. Lots of light from nice,cool looking lamps.Large, 40 in. screen tv, A separate fridge and microwave area, with coffee and shelving. Two closets with lots of room for your belongings Cant wait to see what breakfast spread they will put on in the great looking dining area. I am now heading down to the pool,hot tub area to relax. The staff went above and beyond showing us each of the rooms twice so that we could decide!! (Maybe he was trying to make up for our crappy stay at Auburn Hills Hotel.) Thank you, Ryszard and the other young man! Great staff in here today. We will be back in June.

Room Tip: I wish I had photos to share! AAA discounts.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kandyT

Thank you for your five star review. We hope to see you again in the near future

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I took my girls to Michigan to spend the evening enjoying a Maroon 5 concert at the palace. I got to enjoy the hotel. I was beyond impressed, from the time I walked in. Check in...quick and flawless..bonus shuttle offered to and from the Palace for the concert. Front desk, very friendly and very helpful. Got to our room, beyond surprised and happy. What a beautiful spacious room. Comfy beds. Nice TV. Breakfast, very good. Nice variety. I did not make it to the pool but I did walk by. It was appeared very nice and clean. Only negative I could find is parking. I was not happy needing to park out back behind the hotel. Great stay and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Worth the price!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were here for a concert at the Palace. The staff are old hands at this and made the experience come off without a hitch. At check in they made sure we had a place on the shuttle. The staff made sure everyone had the best time possable and no one was left behind.
Because the other guests (on our floor at least) all seemed to be there for the same reason, it was a little loud. But that was okay, we were all in a party mood. Things seemed to settle down about 1am.
If you are looking for a quiet place to rest and recharge while on the road, this is not the place on a show night. But if you want people to make your get away even better, this is the place.
Now that we found this place, we will be here again.
The spa/pool/gym looked inviting, but we just ran out of time to enjoy those too.

Room Tip: If you are taking the shuttle to the venue, check in early because the best slots fill up fast.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends