“Free shuttle to the Palace!”

SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Orion
United States
“Free shuttle to the Palace!”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Let me start with what I believe is the best feature of this hotel -- the free shuttle to the Palace of Auburn Hills. If you want to go to a game or concert and not worry about parking or drinking one too many giant stadium-style beers, then this is the place to stay, hands down. Our shuttle driver was polite and funny, and he took us right up to the door at the beginning of the concert we were attending. Then, at the end of the concert, he was right outside the door again waiting to take us back to the hotel. No hassle, no waiting to get out of the parking lot, no driving.

Supposedly there are other hotels that offer the same service, but we did not see any other hotel shuttle busses at the end of the concert. As a matter of fact, people kept walking up to our van driver asking for other hotels. Clearly, if there were other hotel shuttles operating for the event, they were not readily available at the end of the concert.

Beyond the shuttle, this is by far the closest hotel to the Palace (literally within walking distance), plus it's new and reasonably priced. Our suite was HUGE with a walk-in closet, a wrap-around couch, desks, tables, microwave, fridge, etc. The furniture in the room looked like what you'd buy at IKEA -- the semi-disposable Swedish variety. The furnishings will probably be trashed within a few years, but they still looked fine when we were there. The bed was comfy enough, and the breakfast room was big -- but we didn't stay late enough to grab breakfast.

There was definitely some partying going on after our concert, but our room was fairly quiet and we slept well. What more could we ask for? For your next visit to the Palace, don't overlook this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TheInternationalLine
David S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for your feedback concerning your visit. We are happy you enjoyed yourself during your visit to The Palace! Come back and see us again for the next concert......Liz Kaplan, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2012

This hotel is very new. It is on the smaller side with only 4 floors but this is definitely not a negative. I was very impressed with the pictures prior to booking and I was not let down when I arrived. Everything was absolutely perfect as it is in the pictures.

I stayed in both a double queen room and a king room on the same weekend when I was attending a concert at the Palace. The queen room is absolutely HUGE, you have a seperate seating area with a couch and desk, the main bedroom area with 2 closets and the bathroom area. More than enough space and I was very impressed with the closet space. Everyone in our party was very happy with the size of the room and all the features it came with.
The king room i stayed in the next night was just as nice and roomy. The only difference was that this room does not have a tub but just a shower instead. The shower itself was absolutely gorgeous though.

There is a pool in the hotel, we did not use it but did have a quick peek at it. This area also looked very clean and well taken care of. The free shuttle to the Palace is also an excellent service that this hotel provides. The palace is certainly not far from the hotel (maybe a 15min walk) but if you don't want to pay for parking at the venue then this is certainly very handy.

The decor of the hotel was just absolutely beautiful. I was impressed with this hotel from the minute i walked in until the minute we left. I have absolutely no complaints. I have stayed in a number of hotels in the past couple of months and this is certainly the best one I have stayed in by far. The price is absolutely reasonable for what you receive, We had no problems with noise either. Due to it being a concert crowd staying there that weekend and seeing people bring alcohol into the hotel we were concerned that there might be some noise but we didn't hear anything either night we stayed there.

I would absolutely stay at this hotel again! I really can't say enough good things about it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Joleisha B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for your five star review. We hope to see you again in the near future
michigan
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed here while attending a concert at the Palace. It was the best!! Shuttle was very well organized and timely. The shuttle driver, Dave, was a great guy with a great sense of humor. Very professional driver.
The front desk staff was very friendly and fast with the check in. They took the time to tell us about all the hotel has to offer and it is alot!
Large, well planned room that was super clean. I overhead the cleaning staff in the morning and they sounded like they were happy with their job and it showed in the level of cleanliness.
The gal taking care of the breakfast buffet did an amazing job keeping everything well stocked and super clean. Very tasty and diverse breakfast selection.
We only live one and a half hours away, but are very glad we chose to spend the night after the concert and shuttle to the Palace. We will be back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank baycity
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

I'm a frequent traveler to this location as I've stayed here numerous times. I like this location as it is away from traffic. The property is kept up very well and I typically rest very well at this location. This is a newer location with a great breakfast and very friendly employees. The fitness center is very nice and is actually very busy. The internet can be a little slow at times, but it works for me. The only issue I have with this location is that there are very few restaurants that are within five minutes of this hotel. For me that isn't a big deal as I will normally stop by Whole Foods on my way back in. I would also suggest that you take a road trip up to Clarkston to the Union Wood Shop as it is well worth your trip for a great dinner!

Stayed January 2012
Jackson, Michigan
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Works well for a Pistons game. We checked in and one of the shuttles was getting ready to leave and they waited for us, thanks for that!!

After the game, the shuttle was waiting outside and took us back to the hotel. No problems or issues. We made our way to the bar across from the Palace. Quick trip from the hotel.

Breakfast in the morning was exceptionally good espeicially after a night "long" night.

The room was nice. Couldn't believe how many channels they have for a hotel. Crazyness.

Stay here is you are going to an event at the Palace!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your four star review. We hope to see you again in the near future.
London, Canada
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Decent and clean hotel...nicely equipped rooms and close to the Great Lakes Crossing Mall.

Good breakfast and large, clean well equipped rooms

Room Tip: 2 queen room with pull out sofa...great for families.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank m h
lizkaplan, Manager at SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Thank you for your response reguarding our hotel. We are pleased to see that you had enjoyed your experience with us.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed March 21, 2012

The room was better than the reception when we arrived. We waited for someone to come to the desk and finally I walked in the office and asked for help. A very harried young man came a few minutes later. We asked for an upper room and he told us there were hardly any people and he put us on second floor, so I guess even though it wasn't busy, we could not have a higher floor. He was quite rude to another guest who had a problem with a key working. I told him that I had only called a few hours before and he quoted $129 but all the websites, like Hotel.com and Orbitz were offering the rooms for $109 and I wondered if I could have the room at that price. "Nope, I can't do that." Then he said, "too bad you didn't book online so you could get that price." The elevator was fine, the room was modern with a flat screen television, safe, microwave, desk, couch with a slight stain and the room appeared new. The sheets and bed were very comfortable. The room was quiet. The bathroom shower was modern and worked well. We had a good stay and would go again. There is a Culver's Restaurant next door (the hotel is hidden behind it). The Palace is only a short walking distance away.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
I am sorry about your experience with our staff during your stay. These types of reviews are very helpful in improving our training process, as well as our expectations for excellent customer service. We really appreciate your comments!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orion
Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
#4 of 17 in Auburn Hills
Quality Inn Auburn Hills
Quality Inn Auburn Hills
#3 of 17 in Auburn Hills
Hampton Inn Detroit / Auburn Hills - North (Great Lakes Crossing Area)
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
TownePlace Suites Detroit Auburn Hills
Comfort Suites Auburn Hills
Comfort Suites Auburn Hills
#6 of 17 in Auburn Hills

Been to SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills? Share your experiences!