“Exceeded my expecations which is hard to do!”

SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Orion
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I have to tell you that I have never stayed at a Springhill Suites before tonight and I did not know what to expect. I was shocked when I opened the door to my room and saw the chic, modern decor and spacious layout! Wow was I impressed! I love, love, love the decor of the room. Let me start by saying the color scheme is perfect...soft aqua and greens accented by bolder more striking colors. The carpet tiles remind me of beach grasses waiving in the wind and there is an ultra modern solar shade on the huge window accented by panel draperies in a soft celery green hue. The workstation serves as a divider between the bedroom and sitting area and there is also a small kitchenette. A large flat screen TV is easily viewed from the bedroom or sitting area. The sectional sofa is modern and has a beautiful textured fabric in an aqua hue. There are accent pillows in lime green, orange, and yellow. The accent furniture was very well thought out and is very functional. There are moveable endtables / coffee tables that are so cool I want to ask Marriott where I can purchase them! The room has very tasteful artwork framed in satin nickel to match the other satin nickel accesories throughout the room. The bathroom has a walk in tiled shower with glass doors. I travel a lot for work and I have stayed in the nicest hotels for work and personal travel. I must say that this hotel is a superb value for the money and is a great home away from home while away on business. There is even a complimentary breakfast each morning. The hotel is conveniently located close to Orion, Auburn Hills, Rochester Hills, and many other attractions. I highly recommend this hotel, it is much nicer than other higher priced chains in the area!

Room Tip: All rooms are suites at this hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Joleisha B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for your five star review. We hope to see you again in the near future

Reviewed September 16, 2011

I found the front staff pleasant & professional, the feng shui foyer, breakfast area, and room aesthetics welcoming, and the cleaning crew cheerful & accommodating. The rooms are appointed well and the beds/pillows provided the most restful night. They have a suite like touch with the large couch, large work desk, fabulous work chair, and the coffee/refridg/micro bar area. The breakfast area with the specialty tea, late breakfast (9:30!) & oatmeal toppings were a nice touch. The location is a bit out of the way, but it offered privacy and peacefulness (and the nearby restaruant that had an amazing pumpkin pecan ice cream dessert). I would recommend this hotel for people who appreciate a respite at the end of the day with all the amenities in the room for comfort.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on the top floor or a lower floor room that that doesn't have exuberan...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have stayed here twice in the last year and really liked the hotel both times. The rooms are spacious and the the decor of the property is very nice and modern. Both times we experienced alot of noise and had trouble sleeping. The walls seem very thin and there always seems to be big groups and parties at the hotel. The breakfast is nice and the kids enjoyed the pool. I am sure we will be back in the future.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your four star review. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

We were assigned here by our insurance agency. We stayed just shy of 2 weeks. Very happy with the staff.

Pros: 1) My kids loved the "waffle man" ~ our term of endearment for Markus. They got the biggest kick out of him. Loved the FREE breakfast! 2) Coffee wasn't all that bad. Pretty happy about it. We are big on "specialty coffee". So we enjoyed it every day. 3) Room service had our room clean for the most part. It surprises me though that when there are spots on the walls, they don't wipe them. 4) Loved the paper at our door (most mornings). 5) The hotel had a pool. Great for kids. Even had the showers to rinse off in after a swim in the pool. Loved that! 6) Had this adorable little gym. My kids used it more so than myself. It was tidy as well. Just a little smelly they told me. 7) I was impressed at how well the staff handled my noise complaint regarding our floor (a nice sized wedding party). The staff jumped right on it when my 1-rings to the other room failed to shush them.

Cons: 1) The lighting (not the hotel's fault) traveling East to West on Dutton Rd isn't the greatest. Use caution finding the place. 2) The hotel's entryway off of Dutton could use a little lighting though! 3) I was a little disgusted by the unkept pool area. The pool itself could use some cleaning. We were all getting caught up in hair inside the pool. Gross. The smell of the chemicals in the entire area was blinding. It literally burns your eyes after an hour in there! I had to call the front desk several times for towels. Judging by the spills (of coffee?) and the lack of towels, it appears that no one goes in there and cleans. 4) I think the breakfast time should last a little longer than 9AM. Most people get up at 9AM. Just say'n. 5) Walls are too thin. It is a hotel, so this may be common. Bring with you some "white noise" helps a lot. We used the ambience app on our phone. :)

So overall, happy with the staff. Happy with the clean rooms. Will go back again. :)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 21, 2011

This hotel is very close to the Palace, making it a great choice if you're going to a game or concert there. The hotel looks quite new and all areas were very clean. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. Breakfast was typical Springhill Suites fare, but there was a staff person on duty making waffles on request. As at other hotels in this chain, you can hear people talking in the hallways, so if that type of noise bothers you, get a room at the end of the hall.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stayed 2 nights at Spring Hill Suites and would stay again. Great staff and beautiful rooms! Close to the Palace at Auburn Hills which is where the concert was. Would highly reccommend, especially for events at at the Palace.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed at the SpringHill Suites for a friend's wedding this July. We were super impressed by the clean and modern accommodations. The additional living space was a major plus, and we certainly didn't mind its proximity to Culver's either! We had a wonderful, relaxing night's rest after a fun wedding and would definitely return!

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orion
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Auburn Hills
Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
#5 of 19 in Auburn Hills
Hampton Inn Detroit / Auburn Hills - North (Great Lakes Crossing Area)
Comfort Suites Auburn Hills
Comfort Suites Auburn Hills
#7 of 19 in Auburn Hills
Sonesta ES Suites Auburn Hills
Sonesta ES Suites Auburn Hills
#3 of 19 in Auburn Hills
TownePlace Suites Detroit Auburn Hills

Been to SpringHill Suites Detroit Auburn Hills? Share your experiences!