Review Highlights
This is one of our favorite hikes. We go in the morning and have lunch by the lake

Reviewed August 24, 2017
Becky W
Peaceful

Reviewed August 7, 2016
normb814
Bismarck, North Dakota
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 24, 2017

We've done this hike more times than I can count. We also stayed in a cabin on the lake and got to be on the lake in a canoe, beautiful!!

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

The hike to mirror lake from Lake of the Clouds took me about two to two and a half hours. If you go early in the morning, you'll encounter less people. The view of the lake was spectacular and was a good place to eat a small picnic lunch. The one thing I did not enjoy was a narrow boardwalk through a marsh. Luckily I did not encounter anybody going the opposite way when on that part of the trail, as maneuvering around each other would have proven difficult, but that's the price you pay in nature, which couldn't care less about our ease. I would do this hike again in a heartbeat.

Date of experience: August 2016
2  Thank normb814
Reviewed May 10, 2016

After a long day of hiking it was very ice to pitch the tent and just relax by the lake. The water was warm enough for swimming. The lake itself isn't exceptional comparing to other lakes in UP and Northern WI. There are 3 cabins on the opposite shore. It gets pretty quiet in late afternoon but during the day a lot of hikers come about.

Date of experience: September 2015
1  Thank AAS619
Reviewed September 30, 2015

After a 2 miles hiking you will get to this open view of the Mirror lake. There was so quire and you can watch the leaves falling into the lake without any sound. This is one of the beautiful lake UP showed us in our hiking trip

Date of experience: September 2015
2  Thank Linmom L
Reviewed July 29, 2015

It is a LONG hike to get here, and you should plan the hike so you get the most out of it. From Summit Peak to Mirror Lake is much easier than the reverse route. Just as we arrived at the lake, storm clouds were blowing in and the lake was choppy, so we didn't get the best experience possible.

Date of experience: July 2015