“dog food”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Island, Lk. Superior
“dog food”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Trailer close to the shoulder of the highway serving ribs. I live close so I go often but no more.
The last two times the ribs were raw and tough. I mean really tough and raw and fatty. What I could not chew and swallow I spit out. Which was half of it. I have never had worse. I took the remainder home and more time in the oven made them only tougher. YUCK! I asked for chicken, potato salad, and other sides but they were out. Only one person working!!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank pebblepolisher

S.E Michigan
“Something's going on here.”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This restaurant used to have a packed parking lot on summer evenings, not so much anymore. On my last visit they were having some kitchen issues and my meal was late to arrive, others in the party received an incorrect order and some items were not hot.
I shall give them another chance, but this was not a good experience.

Visited May 2012
Michigan
“Great smoked BBQ in the Irish Hills”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Really enjoyed our lunch here. Randy himself was outside stoking the fire when we arrived. The decor says "joint," complete with the Jake and Elwood cardboard figures you see as you approach the hostess stand. Rustic country. All the sides you'd expect, like mac&cheese, baked beans, potato salad, corn bread, fries, coleslaw, corn on the cob, etc. My companion, an experienced pitmaster, said the beef brisket rivaled some of the best he'd had in the country. He also praised the baked beans. My smoked chicken sandwich was good, but I especially liked the "original" flavored sauce on it, one of four sauces offered. Service was friendly. Prices were extremely affordable, much less than other bbq places we've been, yet good quality. Not fine cuisine or presentation-plastic plates and cups and rolls of paper towels. A very casual place with exceptional smoked bbq for the same price as a fast food meal. Will make a point to return for dinner when we're not pressed for time. Owner says they've been in the business 15 years and it shows.

• Visited November 2012