“Prices keep creeping up, but the food quality is still A+”
Review of Knot Just A Bar

Knot Just A Bar
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Omena
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Prices keep creeping up, but the food quality is still A+”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

When we discovered this gem in 2007, they had JUST opened. I ordered the fish & chips and was blown away, as was my mom and my son. We USED to always eat at the Bluebird but changed after one last try to give the Bluebird a chance. (History: our family has been going to this area since the 40's and the Bluebird was always a part of our trip. The 2007 opening of this restaurant changed all that, 2008 was the last time we have been in the Bluebird because of this place).

For the last 7 years, this is THE destination for us. The 1st time the "fish and chips" was ~ $6-8. it is now $16.99. Frog legs were on the menu last year and my mom changed to them as they are her favorite ... the took them off the menu this year but ASK if you have to have them.

The "perch kone" (no longer fish and chips as it used to be) as it is now called is still MY favorite and I had it twice in a row.

Traverse City, MI
“The name says it all – Knot Just A Bar”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stopped along the way while on a daytime road trip and sat on the porch overlooking beautiful Omena Bay. We started with one draft and one bottle beer and ordered two Lightly Battered Perch with French Fries, Cole Slaw and homemade Tarter Sauce. The food came in a huge paper cone and was outstanding, some of the best we have ever had. You must dine on Perch when in this part of the lake country. We will be back again but next time we will share one order because we could not finish the two large servings. Too bad because it was so good!

• Visited July 2014
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Worth the effort”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Last year we tried this place on a beautiful day and sat outside overlooking the water. We enjoyed our visit. This year the weather was not so nice but we still sat outside. The smoked whitefish pate was fabulous and I was allowed to have kettle chips to make it gluten-free. Not low calorie but still worth it. My husband had the Chicken Piccata and it was yummy.

West Bloomfield, Michigan
“Nice atmosphere, bad manager”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Have dined here at least a dozen times. Usually, happy, but they don't take reservations, and the call ahead policy is very vague. Received our bill, and they overcharged us for the wine. Brought it to the attention of the waitress, who got the manager, Vicky. She was defensive, and stated the menu has not been updated, but the prices have gone up. We said that is not an acceptable policy and they need to charge us the price on current menu. She reluctantly changed the price, was not apologetic, rolled her eyes and definitely did not have customer service in mind. It's unfortunate, because the place does have a nice casual atmosphere.

1 Thank johnolya
Bay City, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,389 helpful votes
“Glad we visited...”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

A friend and I dined here on a recent Saturday night. It was busy, but the wait was not long at all. We sat out on the deck, right next to the railing. Our beautiful view out over Omena Bay was wonderful. It was a bit chilly and windy, so you may want to remember a jacket or sweater on the cooler days. Service was prompt and friendly. I had the Chicken Piccata which, I would give a rating of 3.5 to 4. My friend was happy with her choice but I cannot recall what she had! Prices are fair, parking can be tight, didn't check out the bathrooms. Recommend if you are in the area, not so much to make a special trip out to Omena just to dine there.

• Visited July 2014