“Ok the place has grown in me over the years ”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Knot Just A Bar

Knot Just A Bar
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Omena
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Ok the place has grown in me over the years ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I did an earlier review from another year on this place and did not give it high markings. I will say it is growing in me. The fish is really good. Tonight I had asparagus soup that was great.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
“We go at least once every trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Great location on Omena bay, good waitstaff and good Perch 'cone'. We RARELY get something that doesn't meet/exceed expectations of this bar/grill/restaurant on the water.

Visited July 2014
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Great view and tasty food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had lunch here on our recent vacation. I had read some reviews and was a bit hesitant about eating here. However, we had a great lunch and our waitress was very friendly. Our service was speedy and prompt. The food was delicious. We ate out on the deck which has a beautiful view overlooking Omena Bay. We will come back again on our next vacation to this area.

Wauconda, Illinois
“Great view, pleasant meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stopped here for lunch by accident last Sunday. We had been out checking out the Lealanau Penninsula and were looking for a late lunch. Knot Just a Bar hit the spot. Ask for a seat on the porch-the view is beautiful over the bay. The server was unobtrusive but very attentive. We ordered a spinach salad which was more than generous and according to my wife, delicious. The "cone of fish" was very good. It was in the style of British fish and chips, wrapped in paper. The perch was well cooked and the batter was good, overflowing with chips under it. The Lealanau tasting room is right next store and makes for a nice stop.

1 Thank worldmusician
Lansing, Michigan
“Would have had a higher rating if not for the racial insensitivities.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

On our recent adventure in the M-22 region we were encouraged to visit Knot Just A Bar. This is a nice, unique restaurant/bar with patio seating right on Omena Bay. A very nice, peaceful location. Our server was friendly and charismatic. We liked him very much. The food was pretty good, and the value was fine. We had burgers, and I had sweet potato fries--yum! (maybe homemade?) The portions are HUGE.
We would have rated this place higher except for the racially insensitive experience. They have a beer list highlighting tastes from around the world. On this list they have a 40 oz. of malt liquor of some brand I cannot remember *served in a brown paper bag.* The server taking care of the other table on the patio that afternoon made sure to point out the 40 oz of malt liquor served in a paper bag which then lead to a rather ridiculous conversation between the server and his table about how drinking beer like that would make him "talk black" and giving the impression that drinking that type of beer was somehow beneath him. They bantered back and forth about malt liquor and comments about black people which was quite offensive to my husband and I. Perhaps the restaurant thinks this menu item is funny, and maybe in some circles it is, but we were quite disturbed that the server thought it necessary to point it out on the menu and try to make a joke about it with his table. Though we did not let this ruin our entire experience, it certainly put a damper on our afternoon. I was going to write a letter to the restaurant manager but what good would that do since she/he approved this item for the beer menu to begin with??