“GREAT STAY DURING A STRESSFUL TIME”

Fairfield Inn East Lansing
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Okemos
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our personal thanks to the Fairfield Inn for a great 2 day stay during the power outage in Lansing, MI. We were quite comfortable and appreciated having continuous hot water unlike at the Best Western Plus Hotel we stayed at prior only because there were no vacancies at a Marriott property.
I was impressed with how friendly and professional the front desk staff was and their offer to assist with luggage since our room was on the 2nd. Floor.

The dining area staff person was very friendly and quite refreshing, especially first thing in the morning. We were also impressed that the Housekeeping Supervisor called our room to inquire if our room had been serviced that day, which it had.

We found the rooms to be spacious, clean, attractive, and everything in working order-which is a huge plus in the Hotel world these days. I used my lap top often and never ever experienced any delays or signing on.

Thanks again Marriott for ensuring a very pleasant stay during a very stressful time in our lives.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are ideal for those who do not want 18-steps
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Stacey W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

It is never an easy time when you don't have power, especially during the holidays. I am so happy to hear that we were able to make things a little easier for you and your family. We really appreciate all feedback from our guests and I will make sure to pass this along to all the staff. Thank you again for taking the time to write this review!!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn East Lansing

Reviewed December 23, 2013

The hotel is small two levels , no elevator. It s nicely decorated , clean and fairly new furniture . Specify ground floor if you are not wanting a small flight of stairs. The breakfast small buffet is fresh and a good variety .
The entire staff is over the top helpful and friendly. We have stayed at Marriott chains that are double the cost and had poor service etc. The Fairfield gets a 10!
We needed a Sympathy card asked where the nearest store was and the front desk kindly opened a container full of free cards. Then later at night I asked the the housekeeping person where the nearest ATM was . She gave me nearest safe location. The next morning she asked if I found the ATM, it's small things like that ,that make this hotel so great.
The beds are comfortable , linens nice and rooms modern, the tv is Direct TV with a wide range on great channels.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Stacey W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Jane,

The entire staff at the Fairfield Inn take pride in great customer service and we are so happy to see that it shined through during your recent stay with us!!! Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This place is not up to the Marriott standards (I hope). Someone already mentioned the tub and we encountered the same problem trying to stand up since the bottom is slanted to the center so it's hard to stand. Also no grab bar to help get in/out. My wife and I actually skipped the shower our last day because of this problem. Everything just seemed to be shoddy, coupled with poor workmanship. the best part is it looks nice from the outside but I would not stay there again unless I couldn't find anything else.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Stacey W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear guest Captjackny,

I want to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your recent stay with us. We are working to resolve the tub issues you mentioned as quickly as possible. Please know that we strive to meet Marriott standards in every aspect for our guests, and truly appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve daily.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any additional questions or concerns! Thank you!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

As a platinum member of Marriott Rewards I rarely experience a bad property during my weekly travels, but this hotel ended that string. First, the hotel does not have an elevator and is two stories (first time in my life experiencing that, even internationally). The room was dated and very dirty. I do not appreciate someone else's short black hairs all over the bathroom, including the shower walls. Even my young daughter commented on how dirty the room was and asked "Is this a Marriott?"
The upside is the staff in the morning is very friendly and the breakfast offers more choices than most Fairfield Inn's. I would just recommend some training for the house keeping staff and it is time to invest in an update.

Room Tip: First floor unless you want to carry your bags up the stairs since there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ryan K
Stacey W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear guest Mr. Ryan K,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property. As a Platinum Marriott Reward member, you are an experienced traveler, and we truly value your feedback! We know that it can be extremely frustrating to our guests that we do not have an elevator, but because the hotel is only two floors, an elevator was not required when the hotel was built. Due to this, the staff has been trained to consistently offer assistance with luggage during the arrival process. I want to apologize for the cleanliness issues you experienced during your stay. We pride ourselves on offering both the cleanliness and service expected from the Marriott brand, and sincerely appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we may rectify this within the correct department immediately.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

The staff was great, but the first problem is, there is no elevator, you have to carry your baggage up two flights of stairs.

The second problem is, the bathtubs are old, as such they have this weird angled bottom, it is hard to balance while standing to take a shower, it is easy to lose your balance, the tubs are not flat.

The a/c is old and sounds like a train, i like this, but some might want a less noisy a/c. The tv was nice, but the matress was bad, it was old and worn out. The snack machine was broken and old.

This hotel is really not what i expect from a Marriott. It is satisfactory for a quick nites stay. If i had a cheaper option i would choose it, it just doesnt have Marriott standards in my opinion.

• Stayed: August 2013
Stacey W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Guest Chicago2772,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I know it can be frustrating that our hotel does not have an elevator but because we are only 2 floors one was not required when the hotel was built. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the staff and the TV, but we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the beds, all the beds in the hotel are new as of last year. We really appreciate all feedback from our guests, and will pass this information on to the appropriate department.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Booked a room w/ 2 queen beds for daughter and I to stay while traveling through town. I am very familiar with area and know there are many hotels nearby but since I had stayed here last year, thought we would give it another try.
Rooms have been updated nicely and beds are comfortable. However, our room was the "accessible" room and the shower seemed pretty aged. So, we asked for another and was given a room upstairs but upon entering, a huge blast of stale, smokey air hit us (ugh - allergy issues!) and so we asked for another.... the front desk person was very kind and helpful and upgraded us to a king suite. She commented that she had had to move quite a few people that night due to air conditioning problems, etc. We got to the room, unpacked, showered and looked forward to getting some sleep after a long day of driving. I went to turn the air conditioning cooler (Yes, it was HOT in Michigan) and stepped into a sopping wet carpet in front of the a.c. I turned it up but it didn't do anything. I got my flashlight out and inspected underneath - water dripping all underneath but worst of all - it was also lined with massive spider webs and spiders- which continued over to the side of the wall!!!! We immediately got dressed, packed up and went to reception. I would've gotten a refund and headed to another hotel but the hour was late and we were tired. They (nicely, I might add) gave us another room which I inspected first... and we finally got some sleep. I will say this hotel has great personnel but not sure this would be my first choice of stay next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Stacey W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Musimom:

Thank you for taking the time to write a second review of our property! We truly appreciate any and all feedback from our guests, especially from those who travel as often as yourself. Your feedback helps us to improve in all aspects. I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness and maintenance issues that you experienced during your most recent stay with us, and can assure you that we have utilized your comments to fix these issues accordingly. I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future! Please feel free to contact me directly with any additional questions or concerns.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed there 3 nights with our toddler and were extremely pleased with the property. The staff was courteous, the room clean and comfortable. Bethany, in the "breakfast room," was exceptionally helpful. The only (minor) issue...the pool was pretty chilly, especially for being an indoor pool in July.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Stacey W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Deat Guest Mcclough,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. It brings us so much joy to hear that your family had a great time with us and that Bethany was especially helpful! We appreciate all feeback from our guests and we hope to see you again in the future!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Okemos
Hampton Inn & Suites East Lansing / Okemos
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Candlewood Suites - East Lansing M.S.U
Red Roof Inn Lansing East
Red Roof Inn Lansing East
#20 of 26 in Lansing
Residence Inn East Lansing
Residence Inn East Lansing
#4 of 9 in East Lansing

Been to Fairfield Inn East Lansing? Share your experiences!