“remodeled and good customer service”

Fairfield Inn East Lansing
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Okemos
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Fairfield for one night and noticed it had been updated recently. New carpet, mattresses, wallpaper, bed coverings, etc. The decor is pretty modern. The room was large and had a very large flat screen tv, as well as a microwave and refrigerator. We thought it odd that someone had left a yoga mat under the sink area outside of the bathroom. Well, we were exhausted from driving and were anxious to shower and go to bed. However, the bathroom floor flooded after my daughter used the shower, even though the shower curtain was closed. We used all the towels to wipe it up and ran the water in the tub to see what was going on. A stream of water started coming out from where the wall meets the tub so I checked on the other side of the wall (outside the bathroom door where the sink and water main was) and the carpet was soaked! Aha - that is why someone had the yoga mat there... so we hurriedly got packed up again and went down to reception to report it and get a room change. The young man there promptly apologized, and upgraded us to a King suite. The new room was very similar to the other - but had a pull out sofa and more chairs. The bed was a bit It was good, just wish there was a larger vanity - hard to share space when there are two women with beauty products!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Stacey W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear Guest Musimom,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your stay. I want to apologize for the experience you had in the first room but I am so glad the front desk attendant took care of you right away. We appreciate all the feedback that we get from our guests and we can't wait to see you again in the future!!!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I have been to this Fairfield Inn many times (more than most, in fact) and if I ever return to East Lansing, I'll be staying here for sure! I don't think there is one negative thing I can say about this hotel! Rooms are clean and spacious, all common areas are very clean and pleasant... can't beat a free breakfast! The staff was always courteous and helpful......what more can you ask? I truly miss this hotel and can't wait to go back to East Lansing.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Ryanblake86
Stacey W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Ryan,

Thank you so much for the great review. We really appreciate your business and we can't wait to see you again in the future!!!!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We recently were passing through the Lansing area and needed to stop for the night. We usually stay at the Marriott Courtyard on Lake Lansing road but opted to stay at the Fairfield Inn in Okemos instead. We were pleased with our choice. The staff was extremely friendly and nice. Our room was clean and updated. The included breakfast available the next morning provided food for just about anyone's breakfast tastes - cereal, waffles, pastries, oatmeal, eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, fruit salad, breakfast sandwiches, etc. Someone from the staff was in the breakfast room at all times cleaning and refilling food stations. If I had to complain about something, it would be the floor of the tub in the bathroom. The sides of the bathtub slanted up too quickly which made you stand on a slanted surface when showering. Enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Dear USAroamer,

I want to start by saying thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. We greatly appreciate all feedback that we get from all of our guests. I have taken the information about the tubs and sent it on to my corporate office. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

When I originally booked my room, months in advance, the price was $89/night. I needed to change my reservation to two nights instead of three, which for some reason increased the price to $109/night. While the hotel was fine, it wasn't worth the price. My room was not ready until after 5pm, and when it was, there were towels missing and a large wet spot on the carpet in front of the sink (I did mention this to the front desk, and they checked for a leak but did nothing more). Strangely, the hotel did not have an elevator- luckily for my handicapped mother, we were on the first floor. On to the good- free wireless is always nice, and the signal was pretty reliable. The pool and hot tub area was a nice, unexpected touch. The free breakfast was typical Fairfield fare, but a good feature. The front desk was friendly and helpful in providing local directions. All in all, not a bad experience, but I wouldn't pay that much for a room again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Stacey W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

I would like to start by saying thank you so much for staying with us while traveling to the area. I would like to apologize that you encountered a few problems with your stay but I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary amenities. On behalf of the entire staff at the hotel thank you again and we hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stay at this property often, as I am up to visit with my young daughter in the area. I check Kayak for rates in the area - and this place always comes in at the low price.

But never fear - friendliness and helpfulness of staff, cleanliness of the rooms, quietness of the room (which surprises since it is right off the highway) and great breakfasts make this a great value. There is truly no reason to spend more elsewhere - as the Fairfield gives you all of your basic needs. Strong property.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dukefan2331
Stacey W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

I wanted to personally thank you for taking time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad to hear that you have great service and enjoy your stay each time. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Hotel was clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Conveniently located near restaurants within walking distance. Parking lot next door can accommodate big rigs or in my case truck and horse trailer easily.

Room Tip: Indoor pool. May want to be away from.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Stacey W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn East Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

I wanted to take a minute and thank you for staying with us while traveling to the area. We appreciate your business and taking the time to write a nice review for our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed February 27, 2012

We just stayed at this property this last weekend, and were so happy with the cleanliness, newness, and service at this hotel, we will never stay anywhere else in this area from now on! Everything was spotless and perfectly maintained. From our room to the pool area and the breakfast room, nothing could have been cleaner, and that's what's most important to me. It is not an expensive, upscale hotel, but for a midrange hotel, you can't do better than this! Our room had a fridge, a microwave, and 4 pillows for each of the double beds. We were told the rooms were just remodeled and finished in December of last year, and you can tell! The public areas like the pool and breakfast room were very nice, and the free continental breakfast was really good with lots of hot choices like sausage and eggs and waffles. When we had a problem connecting to the free wi-fi in the room the second night, we called the front desk and they had a tech, guy call us back within 4 minutes, he walked us through the problem. I'll say it again, this is our place in the Lancing area from now on!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okemos
Hampton Inn & Suites East Lansing / Okemos
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lansing at Eastwood
Candlewood Suites - East Lansing M.S.U
TownePlace Suites East Lansing

Been to Fairfield Inn East Lansing? Share your experiences!