“Comfort Inn was Comfortable”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Okemos
Omaha Area
“Comfort Inn was Comfortable”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This hotel is well staffed with friendly folks who seem to care about their business. The bed in my room was one of the most comfortable I have been in and I travel and stay in a lot of hotels, so I know what I am talking about. The breakfast was fantastic each morning with many hot and cold choices. I was not disappointed, and the staff keeps the food well stocked and the eating area clean. The maid service was excellent too.

My only complaint was that the internet in the lobby was extremely slow. I complained about it twice, and one lady manager tried to help me and she was surprised at how slow it was. It literally took me 1-2 minutes to type one word either by email or on face book and so I had to find an alternative computer off site from the hotel as I simply could not use the one in the lobby. And this was not just a one day experience but for all four days I was there, I could not use the hotel lobby internet computer.

Otherwise it is a great hotel, pretty quiet, comfortable and convenient. There is no pool or hot tub, but you can go next door to the Holiday Inn Express, but that is not a very good option when it is cold outside as there is no indoor passage way. And checkout was pretty slow and the guy at the front desk did not seem interested in helping me with the process as someone else was paying the bill and the bill was not correct,. However, I would still stay here again, and in fact, this is my 4th time to visit this hotel.

Room Tip: Bring your own computer as the lobby one is painfully slow
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kurt K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed here as part of a conference mid-week for one night. From the time of check in until the time I got into my car, they treated me like I was their most important guest. The price of the hotel was reasonable and it was conveniently located right off the highway. When I went to ask the front desk if they had a lint roller, they said no they didn't but the guy said he had one in his car and ran out to get it for me to borrow. Stay here...it feels like being at home with family! The beds were comfortable and the pillow selection was great!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank edussia
Kurt K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review response will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Kurt Kelly
GM
Okemos Comfort Inn
Gurnee, Illinois, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here one night on a combined business trip/ family visit and frankly the only reason I chose this hotel over another as it was the only one that had rooms available. However I couldn't be more pleased with my experience and have been telling everyone about it. The room was quiet and all amenities worked as they should. Most importantly though, the bed was the most comfortable I've ever felt and I had the best night sleep ever in a hotel. As other reviewers mentioned, the only drawback is the lack of pool.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Bartlett, Illinois
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed two days, excellent hotel, room was immaculate service by staff wonderful. Had one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. Could not have been nicer. Very quiet, breakfast was excellent. Plenty of restaurants in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Oklahoma
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have stayed at this Comfort Inn a number of times. Always clean and comfortable. The breakfast area is very nice and they have a good breakfast with the usual items that are standard at Comfort Inn. Many of the staff have been there for some time and are very personable. While often we stay on the second floor of a motel, here we opt for the first floor on the north end. Is always quite.

They only have four rooms with bathtubs, so you will probably get a walk-in shower; very nice!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmigoOklahoma
South Lyon, Michigan
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My daughter and I stayed there for a scrapbooking weekend. The room was clean and large. We had the king size bed and that was so comfortable! We slept so well! The Breakfast was nice. A decent array of fresh fruit and yogurt along with scrambled eggs, sausage and waffles.
Our last day there, my daughter wasn't feeling very well. We still had a few hours left of scrapbooking and the front desk allowed her to stay in the room to rest; although we were technically checked out. We will definitely stay there again and I highly recommend this hotel. The only drawback - no pool.

Room Tip: Let the front desk know what you need, they will do their best to work with you. The earlier you bo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed for 1 night. There were 5 of us in 2 rooms on the 1st floor. Rooms were nice, very clean, and comfy. We all slept really well. Shower was interesting, size of a bathtub but not a bathtub. It was a stand up shower with 2 built-in seats, and a lip only a few inches off the ground to keep the water in. Perfect for someone with mobility issues who has difficulty getting in and out of a bathtub. Service could've been better. Twice we approached the front desk (upon check-in, and upon returning from dinner) and no one was there, had to shout "hello" to get attention. Delicious free breakfast (standard in all Comfort Inns) w/waffle maker, eggs, sausage, bakery items, cereals, yogurt ect. Good location, walking distance to Cracker Barrel, Applebee's, and Tim Horton's/Cold Stone Creamery. No indoor pool, but since it's the same owner, you can use the indoor pool at the Holiday Inn next door. Apparently there's an indoor access passageway, but the front desk said they didn't have anymore swipe cards that you need to unlock the door. We didn't go because I didn't want to have to get the kids fully dressed to go outside. Better service would've been to send someone over to get more cards.

Room Tip: Breakfast area was pretty busy and noisy, so if you want to sleep in, try to get a room farther away...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okemos
Hampton Inn & Suites East Lansing / Okemos
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Fairfield Inn East Lansing
Candlewood Suites - East Lansing M.S.U
University Quality Inn
University Quality Inn
#14 of 25 in Lansing

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!