“surprise oasis”

Best Western Okemos/East Lansing Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Okemos
Reviewed August 9, 2009

My favorite part of the hotel was the pool oasis. I have two young children and what I loved about the Holiday Inn of Msu area was how warm the pool area was. The pool was large in size and surrounded by these huge beautiful plants. There were comfortable lounge chairs to relax in and the kids swam for hours and never got bored or cold! PLus just the environment was relaxing with a more tropical feel. You could see the buttom of the pool and it looked very clean. The hot tub was large in size and not too hot or cold! You felt like you were outside because windows surrounded pool area and the roof retracted so you could see the sun shinning. We even swam at night and it was neat to be swimming and be able to see the moon and the stars. My second favorite part was the bed. I really loved the comfort and not having to use a comforter from previous guests. I have never received a good night sleep in a hotel before because I never feel im sleeping in a clean bed. I acutally felt rested in the morning. I always inspect the tubs really well and this is the first time I knew It was clean. The rooms were very clean. The housekeeping staff did an awesome job! I was shocked to see so many items on the breakfast bar. I try to feed my kids healthy foods and it was nice to see so many options even special extras like pecans and granola to add to your oatmeal or yogurt. Plus french toast, omelets and hard boiled eggs, even cut up fruit. We left the breakfast bar full and feeling good! Thank you! My kids talk about that stay often!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 8, 2009

We stayed here the night before taking possession of our new apartment in the Lansing, MI are. We made the reservations while on the road around 8 pm that night and got in around 2:30 am after driving for about eight hours. This was a nice up-to-date hotel.

It was clean, either relatively new or recently remodeled, with free internet. I asked to be placed as far away from smoking rooms as possible, and they were accommodating. They offered an extended checkout time of 1 pm, when I appeared saddened by the 11 am check out time. Everything was great, a welcomed change from recent experiences at other hotels in our moving trip.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2009

This hotel is maze that you could easily get lost in! Obviously been added to, sort of peice-meal, over the years, resulting in a maze-like effect that makes it difficult to find your room at first.

Cleanliness was Ok- there was a funky smell in my room when I first checked in that was gone by the time I returned from dinner (left the AC on full blast). There were also dirty footprints left by housekeeping on the floor in the bathroom.

I had a king bed room w/ a jacuzzi- which was wonderful and huge- I could have fit a family of four in that thing. The bed was comfortable, room a nice size, and after a long soak in the jacuzzi, I didn't care so much about the weird smell anymore. Had to fiddle with the drain of the jacuzzi and finally had to shove something in it to get the thing to drain, though.

The free breakfast was Ok- breakfast was included in the meeting I was attending, so I only had coffee. The offerings looked typical, and the room was being kept tidy by a very busy member of housekeeping.

In short, I probably would stay here again if I could get another room w/ a huge jacuzzi!! A nice long soak in there was what my weary 5 business trips in 2 weeks bones needed!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2009

From March-May 2009, I racked up 9 stays at HIE-Okemos. Most of these stays were for 3+ days at a time. We were in the process of moving from Charlotte, NC via our home town of St. Louis, MO so travel exhaustion was a definite concern. It was comforting to know we could always find a welcoming & friendly staff and a nice room with a comfy bed at the end of the road. The hot breakfast served each morning is full of a variety of foods ranging from fresh fruit & yogurt to bacon & eggs. The cinnamon rolls are great especially when eaten hot with butter. The pool, hot tub and sauna area is a little oasis. I made use of the workout facility as well and enjoyed the small variety of machines, free weights, workout ball, and the large flat screen TV. The rooms are very nice and the suites are even nicer. Some rooms have larger flat screen TVs and some still have older TVs if that matters to you. The bed and bedding are super comfortable and the pillows are labeled according to their firmness.
The Holiday Inn Express Okemos is run very well with nothing but the best intentions for all its guests. I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I did!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2009

We booked our reservations more than a week in advance for a family of 4. We were even asked the ages of our children, so there was no mistaking the fact that 4 people were going to stay in this room. Our confirmation stated our reservation was for 4 people. When we arrived, we were given a room with one king size bed only and told that 'our reservation was first come first serve'. No refund could be made. No other rooms were available. We had no choice but to stay, get one roll away bed and take turns sleeping on the floor. We have stayed in many Holiday Inn's over the years, but will not stay in another one. Other than this, the building was very clean, the pool area was very nice and the breakfast was more than adequate.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank blaing9058
Reviewed January 24, 2009

The HIE Okemos is a lovely property with an extremely pleasant and helpful staff. The rooms--mine and the ones I saw as I walked down the hall--were in excellent condition and included some very nice amenities like a magnifying make-up mirror. Despite atrocious weather--subzero temps and a lot of snow--the sidewalks were cleared and the parking lot navigable--no easy feat in that weather! From the front desk to the housekeepers to the security guard, every employee was friendly. My only complaint has to do with the noise level--which the staff tried to keep down, but a three-night hockey tournament (lots of kids and their inattentive parents) seemed to have overwhelmed the staff and made for some late nights until the noise finally died down. The hotel itself and its staff are outstanding, and I look forward to my next stay there.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 7, 2009

I haven't had a bad stay at a Holiday Inn Express yet, but this one is right up there with the best. Very clean and updated. The room was super comfortable and I love the new shower heads.
The pool is indoors but covered with a glass enclosure so you feel like you are outdoors which the kids would love. And as usual, the free breakfast gives alot of choices. Rate for a king room was $98 which is not bad for a university town. We would
definately stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okemos
Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Hampton Inn & Suites East Lansing / Okemos
#1 of 26 in Lansing
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 26 in Lansing

Been to Best Western Okemos/East Lansing Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!