“Everything was great, except.....”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Okemos
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I booked this room the last minute and it worked out well. I got the hot tub suite for a few reasons; one being the fact that I knew it was going to be nice out and I would go running. Soaking in a jacuzzi tub with my husband would be awesome! The ONLY problem was, the tub didnt work. We filled up the massive (its huge) tub and pushed the button, it never turned on. After playing with it and trying to figure it all out, i gave up. I climbed into a tub of hot water. It was very disappointing... (more on the tub to follow).

The room is VERY clean and large. The bed was comfortable and clean. Since you have such a huge hot tub in the room, they took part of the bathroom so the shower is a small corner shower. Almost the size of one on a cruise. It was tight for my husband but I was ok with it. The breakfast area in the morning was nice. The food was HOT and fresh and there was always another pan of eggs, sausage or whatever waiting. THe hotel is well marked and liked that the outside of the building has markings for room numbers so you know where to park to be closest to your room. Checking in was smooth and easy and every employee was friendly. The pool area was clean and nice, nobody swam when we were there, but it was very well kept.
When we were leaving for the day on Saturday, I mentioned to the front desk about the jacuzzi, she said "Ok, Ill get maintenance on it for you." We were gone ALL day and rolled back in after 10pm. The only thing I wanted to do after being outside and walking was to go and sit in he jacuzzi. I got back to the room and looked at it. I couldnt tell if anyone had even checked it out. There were no traces of water in it (and since it has to be filled above the sensor, I knew they couldnt try the tub without filling it, and neither could I). I began the process of filling the tub to the sensor on it again, and hit the button; NOTHING! I was extremely disappointed and a little upset. I paid extra for a jacuzzi suite, if I wanted to sit in a bath tub I would have. This was very upsetting. I sat in the tub for about 10 minutes, drained it and went to bed, it was too late to complain or have maintenance come up, we were leaving in the morning anyway. My husband mentioned that they should have at least left a note or a phone call saying that they tried to fix it and couldnt. Anything would have been nice than just ignoring it. I have no idea if it was ever looked at, if it cant be repaired or what, but I almost feel like I got taken for the extra money on the tub.

Nevertheless, the hotel is very nice. If I stay in another jacuzzi room here, I will make sure the tub works before I get settled or I will just get a regular room with a tub and skip the jacuzzi since its pretty much what I had anyway.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karenl0323
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Karenl0203,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! I am very sorry that your Jacuzzi tub did not work properly and that we were not able to fix the issue for you. Please feel free to contact me at msuhiextaylor@gmail.com next time you are in the area and I would be happy to assure you our best Jacuzzi room to prove to you how relaxing they can be! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stay here regularly for business. Its a well kept up hotel in my opinion. Has a good workout room and the rooms are in good shape. I love the location. I go down the street to Franks for happy hour.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Chris B
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Chris B,

Thank you for writing a review! I am so delighted to hear that you stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area) regularly for business! It is always nice to hear that people like our newly improved workout room as well! Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I reserved a suite for my daughter & myself. I was very excited to take my daughter on her first scrap weekend. And I really enjoyed this hotel previously in Nov. the room was large & fairly clean, found tape on the door frame and a marker under my box spring skirt. Very large bathroom, shower kinda small but great water pressure. Nice sized fridge & microwave, had a nice bar sitting area, kinda close to the door, didn't get to use. Doors shut off bedroom from living room so daughter didn't have to hear me snore, lol, that was great! Beds were quite comfy!!! Great TVs but could use more stations. Went to use the hot tub in room, but it was broke :( Hotel gave me a small refund to compensate, which I appreciate. Nice pool, very refreshing and a great breakfast - fruit, breads, eggs (hot & cold) different meat each day, pancakes, yogurt, cereal (hot & cold), juices. Our event was in neighboring hotel but I really prefer this one. Bummed that rewards program has changed a little. Will be staying again in Fall 2014!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear SheriK2,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your feedback and I am sorry your Jacuzzi tub was not working properly during your stay. I am however, happy to hear we were able to compensate you for the inconvenience. I will also inform housekeeping about the marker under your bed skirt. We appreciate your loyalty here at the Holiday Inn Express Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area) and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Thank you!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Courteous and professional staff. Clean rooms, excellent breakfast. Staff went out of their way to accommodate us. Breakfast area was big enough to host our hockey team. The staff opened up early to allow for our early game.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear John L,

Thank you for writing a review! I am glad that you and your hockey team had a great stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Okemos (MSU Area). It is always wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our courteous staff and breakfast as well! We hope to see you again soon next time you are in the area!

Guest Relations Manager
Holiday Inn Express Okemos (MSU Area)

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed one night. The room was nice sized with a jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was not real clean, so we didn't use it. The rest of the room was fine. Security seemed to be good with locks on all exterior doors.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Stan G,
Thank you for reviewing our property! I am sorry to hear about the jacuzzi and I will look further into this issue. I am glad that you were happy with the security at our property as we make sure all the doors are properly locked all day. We hope to see you again soon and safe travels!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Very clean and updated rooms. Room was very quiet. Bed was excellent and slept like a baby. Showers worked well with lots of hot water and great water pressure.
Sure helped to have breakfast ready in the morning. Staff was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gary C

Dear Gary C,
I am glad to hear that you highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)! We are constantly updating our hotel and it is wonderful to hear our guests are enjoying it! I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed here this past weekend and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The front desk staff was welcoming and helpful. I stayed in a double queen bedroom, which was clean and spacious. The location is nice and close to MSU, and is right off the Okemos/Mason exit. I would definitely recommend this hotel to future travelers.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Caitlin M,
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review about our Holiday Inn Express Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area) property! We love being so close to the fun/exciting atmosphere MSU has to offer and we are glad you enjoyed it too! Thank you for recommending this hotel to future travelers and we hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Okemos
Hampton Inn & Suites East Lansing / Okemos
Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Fairfield Inn East Lansing
Candlewood Suites East Lansing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Lansing
Hyatt Place Lansing
Hyatt Place Lansing
#1 of 26 in Lansing

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)? Share your experiences!