Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Okemos
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express over the Michigan vs. Michigan State weekend in early November. The staff and service was amazing, and our room was very comfortable! We stayed in a standard two queen, which was more than enough room! The pool/fitness area was very accessible as well, and was filled with assortments of modern equipment. To top off the weekend, we enjoyed the continental breakfast each morning.

I will definitely be staying at the Holiday Inn Express (Lansing-Okemos) the next time I'm in town!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Sarah J,
Thank you so much for your positive feedback of the Holiday Inn Express Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)! I am so overjoyed to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our location and that the staff and service was amazing! I am also thrilled to hear that you were able to use our newly renovated fitness area with new equipment! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon the next time you are in the Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed here for the night while at a horse show at MSU. It was close to the horse pavilion and close to restaurants and gas stations. The room was comfortable and spacious. We rented the jacuzzi room. The tub was clean and big enough for 2 adults, great spot to relax after being at the horse show all day. The bed was clean and comfortable ! Would definitely return!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Angie,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room! Our jacuzzi rooms are always relaxing after a long day and I am happy to hear that you will return to our hotel again! We always look forward to seeing our return customers! Thank you for your review and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The best part about this hotel is the staff! They were attentive to every detail, and I appreciated their help. It was a very busy week end with Michigan State Univ. Homecoming, and I was there for a different reason. They were very helpful.

It is a little hard to find at first, but right near the highway. I enjoyed the pool and the Gym. The breakfast was very good and hot. There is a jacuzzi in the room itself and a king size bed also. The cleaning staff was especially attentive.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your kind review! It is always wonderful to hear that our staff was able to assist you with everything you needed. We try to have fun and work hard when it comes to our guests and homecoming weekend is always one of the most exciting weekends! I am glad you enjoyed the pool, gym, and breakfast as well. I will also let housekeeping know that you were happy with them too! Thank you again and safe travels!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I spent one night at this hotel. The king-size bed was comfortable, with a choice of pillows, and bedside lamps were good. There were other good lamps in the room, as well. The room and bathroom were clean. The desk clerk was friendly, and the breakfast hostess seemed to make a real effort to keep food stocked and tables clean, more than in some other chain hotels of comparable cost. The desk clerk told us that she was giving us a room which would be away from traffic noise. I appreciated having bananas available, as well as several kinds of yogurt.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is very important to us and I am happy to hear that you liked the king-size bed, pillows, and lamps. I am also delighted to hear that the desk clerk was able to assist you with any and all of your needs. We always want to make sure that the guest gets better than 100% so if there are any things you think we can improve upon, I would love more of your feedback at msuhiextaylor@gmail.com. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I recently spent 2 days and nights at this property, it was great! A friend and I were attending a Scrap Book event at the hotel next door, even though that hotel was offering a special for the attendees, I made our reservations here. From experience with this chain, I really wanted the beds and the breakfast. We were NOT disappointed!! The beds are so soft, the room was large, came with a fridge and a great sized bathroom. We took advantage of the lovely pool, had it all to ourselves! Breakfast was loaded - 2 kinds of eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels, pancakes, yogurt, oatmeal, coffee, juices, hot cocoa, biscuits & gravy - everything hot & well attended to by their breakfast staff. And being a Club member, I got late check out, which took 2 seconds. I've already planned another stay at this location in March, just might splurge for a suite!! Amanda was wonderful!!! All staff friendly :)

Room Tip: First floor, parking lot side - it's close to the pool and the breakfast bar. Very quiet!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear, SheriK2
Thank you so much for your kind review! We love having you scrapbookers at our hotel! It is always a blast to see how much you accomplish over the weekend and how much fun you are having while doing it! I am very happy to hear that you took advantage of the pool and the breakfast. Our suites are always fun to book for events such as this because there is that extra room for company! I will personally tell Amanda you thought she was wonderful and we look forward to seeing you again in March!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel based on the reviews here at TripAdvisor, that was a mistake. I arrived at the hotel and first thing a noticed is that there was no parking by reception, which was weird. I waited for a while at reception with my bags before someone showed up. There was no apology for keeping me waiting, just straight to business. I gave me details, license and CC and aked for a quiet room. I was given my room key and a map, that the receptionist drew on to explain to me that I needed to get back in my car and drive around to the other side of the building. Turns out this is a Motel, not a Hotel! And so I packed my bags back up and drive to the designated area, unpacked my bags and carried them down stairs to get to the stairs to go up! (No elevator). The place is a rabbit warren.

I booked a king room and was given a room with a Jacuzzi, which I guess some people would not complain about, but the noise that the extractor fan made above the jacuzzi (which I assume was there to take the moisture out of the room if the jacuzzi is used) was very loud and there was no way to shut it off.

I called reception to ask for another room, and waiting forever for the same person from reception to show up with keys to another room. He proceeded to explain that all their king rooms had a jacuzzi in it, but he was able to get me the last king room without a jacuzzi???? I was so tired I did not even point out the contradiction.

To get to the other room, the receptionist showed me half way, without offering to carry my bag, and then at the foot of some stairs, he pointed me along a corridor, which was the service corridor (good view of the laundry, trash and employee break room) and told me at the other end of the corridor to go up some more stairs and then down a corridor, round a corner and then I would find my room. It is a wonder I did without getting lost. Thanks for the help!!!

The room I was transferred to did not have a jacuzzi, but did have a king bed, and a A/C that made one hell of a racket. I was tired and had some work to do, and I seldom use the a/c so I turned it off. So I powered on the computer and pulled my note pad out, I had to throw some noted in the trash, but there actually was no trash in the room, only one in the bathroom. For all the hotels I have stayed in all over the world, that was a first.

After working and then dinner, I settled in for the night. That was until the person in the room next to me got in. I was then kept entertained the rest of the evening listening to the room next door talk to his wife on the phone, have a conversation with a work colleague and then watch some chat show on tv. I know all this because it turns out that this hotel does not believe in walls and is obviously going for a more Japanese vibe, with paper instead of walls. I swear if the guy dropped a pin I could have heard it.

Eventually my company from next door went to be and I was able to do the same. Or so I thought, but alas, no. I was awoken about 2 am by what I thought was an alarm going off. I figured maybe it was the guy next door but upon further investigation in turned out the be the fridge. I disconnected that.

Got up the next morning and went to shower in what can only be described as a contraption right out of the 60's. I then went down stairs for some breakfast, but what I am not sure that what I saw on offer was not actually sourced from the side of the highway, the eggs were not eggs, the sausage patty was greenish.

I could take no more. I got out of there as quick as I could, tired as I was from lack of sleep, but thankful that I escaped with my life.

Word of advice. DONT EVEN THING ABOUT STAYING HERE....

Room Tip: There is a Fairfied Inn down the road, It may be the worst FI in the world, but you will still be be...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Nomolos,
I am deeply sorry to hear about your recent experience at our hotel and I understand your frustration. I am very concerned about your experience from start to finish, as this is not what is expected from our team. We strive to ensure each guest’s stay exceeds his or her expectations and we clearly did not achieve that with your stay. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is and should you wish to discuss your stay further, I welcome any additional comments at msuhiextaylor@gmail.com.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Perfect for the Business traveler -rooms recently remodeled, ok breakfast in the am, ironing in room and large washroom. Good size rooms. No elevators in the building. Nice pool area if so inclined. Staff that I encountered were all very pleasant. This particular hotel is convenient from the interstate, but not much in the way of GOOD restaurants in this are.

Room Tip: Take the first floor as there are no elevators to 2nd floor. Ask for a close to lobby - room - it c...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Taylor B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear SwissMr,
Thank you very much for leaving a review! I am happy to hear that you had a good stay at our property and that you were happy with the room size, pool area, and staff! There are a few restaurants that we recommend in the area and there are plenty more just a couple of exits over in East Lansing. Thank you for leaving a tip for our future guests about the elevator. At check in, we like to give that offer to our guests as we understand that stairs can sometimes be difficult. Also, we are always happy to help you with your bags! We hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Okemos
Hampton Inn & Suites East Lansing / Okemos
Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Fairfield Inn East Lansing
Candlewood Suites - East Lansing M.S.U
Hyatt Place Lansing
Hyatt Place Lansing
#1 of 26 in Lansing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Lansing

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)? Share your experiences!