Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Okemos
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We have stayed here on several occasions over the past few years and have never been disappointed. The kids love the pool and the complimentary breakfast. We like the central location and selection of restaurants close by. ( Cracker Barrel , Applebees, McD's and Arby's.) They are pet friendly and there is a nearby neighborhood to walk your pooch!
The pool can be viewed from the eating area. On nice days they retract the roof above the pool. There is a hot tub, sauna and workout room adjacent to the pool area.
The staff was very friendly and helped reunite us with an item that was left behind. :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here six nights and found it to be quiet, clean and nice amenities. Friendly staff. Easy access to highways and to various places to eat and other services. Free access to wifi in the room plus a desktop with printer for boarding pass printing. Definitely a good value.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Hotel is two floors, and has no elevator, which I can live with, but no one ever brings this up - so if you are carrying lots of things at one time, it becomes a challenge. The attendant that checked me in late at night was very friendly. My room was clean - although I could not figure out what was bothering my allergies, I think it was dust getting blown around through AC unit, the best night of sleep I had was the night I shut it off. The curtains have a velcro piece to aid in keeping them shut, but in my room the velcro was missing, and there was a large plastic clip, I am not sure if the hotel left this or the previous guest - it does help keep the light out of the darkening curtains. As a recommendation the hotel should raise the TV's up, the dresser they are sitting on is lower then the bed, makes it difficult to see while laying in bed. Bathroom was very clean. I would agree with the other reviewers that the WIFI was slow. I never did try the breakfast, it looked pretty good the one morning I walked down there. Not the caliber of hotel I have come to expect from a Holiday Inn Express

Room Tip: If you are carrying lots of items - ask for the first floor - no elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 9, 2012

No elevator? Ok so there's not a ton of floors, but I had a lot of equipment. No bueno. At least tell me that when I book it. Not the nicest Holiday Inn I've stayed at. The staff was OK. The breakfast was OK. The rooms were OK. The wifi was slow. I like the breakfast area. Lots of windows. Check out the Hampton Inn. The only reason I didn't stay there was because they were sold out.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Sara N,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. It's nice to know that you liked our breakfast area. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The staff here is nice and this hotel is clean. It's a little bit noisy if people are in the hallways, although I don't blame the hotel for that. The breakfast area is terrific, with a wide selection and a cheerful staff. They get the breakfast set out before the 6A opening time, so an early bird on his/her way out can grab something to go. My only complaint is that the hotel water pressure is a little on the weak side. That may be due to construction in the area. There was a fridge in my room, but no microwave.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so ask for a first floor room if you need it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This place is quite large and has been extensively updated. The room was large and had a jacuzzi, but we did not use it. It probably would have taken a while to fill it, because it is large! Very clean. The only complaint is that the wifi was not worth waiting for. We gave up on it. We were way in back of the hotel. Even slow wifi would have been good enough.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near Wifi.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vickys-Guy
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I am a travel agent and my husband and I stayed at this hotel for a conference in the area. Upon arrival, we were told that we had been upgraded to a king suite because of availability. First impression was that the staff was friendly and the hotel seemed clean. Our Jacuzzi did not work and a staff member offered to come to our room and help. They could not get it to work either. The next morning when we got up, I had bites on my body. We were getting ready to go and centipedes were crawling out of the sink and one crawled up my arm! I went to the desk and complained and to let them know they needed an exterminator. They offered no compensation for the stay and their response to the centipedes was "oh they seem to come out after it rains." Seriously? They need to clean this hotel up. Centipedes and bed bugs. Not good! I do NOT recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Trvlagnt_01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okemos
Hampton Inn & Suites East Lansing / Okemos
Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Fairfield Inn East Lansing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Lansing
Candlewood Suites - East Lansing M.S.U
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lansing

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)? Share your experiences!