I had the opportunity to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Okemos during a business trip for a couple weeks. I received a great rate as well as a suite for participating in their extended stay program. Their price breaks are 1-14 nights and then 15+ nights.
Room: Since I was in a suite the room was clean and spacious. The hotel is separated into the standard rooms on one side and the suites on the other with conference rooms in the middle. My room contained such features as:
-> DVD player
-> Work desk
-> Larger bathroom (two sinks)
-> Separate "living" room
-> Mini-fridge and sink (bar)
House keeping was always consistent and I did not have any problems or concerns during my stay.
Staff: Their staff was friendly and curious. I didn't have much interaction over the course of my stay, but I think that's a positive note anyway.
Amenities: I definitely enjoyed my stay while utilizing their indoor pool, jacuzzi, and fitness room. They also have a laundry room for those extended trips or emergencies.
- Pool: GREAT! For a "express" hotel, the pool was spacious. What I enjoyed most was the ambiance of the outdoor setting with natural light over the pool. The jacuzzi could have been bigger, but can still fit 4-6 people.
- Fitness room: It's definitely not large, but I'd say it beats out many of the other hotels I've stayed at in the past. This room has free weight up to 55lbs, 2 treadmills, two elliptical, and a multi-purpose machine. The equipment was not too outdated and most of which in working order.
- Breakfast: I'd say this was one of the best features of the hotel. For those awaking early, the breakfast starts at 6AM. Although at times the food was not fully laid out until 10 after, it was still a great variety from which to choose. Some items include:
-> Omelets (pre made)
-> Biscuits and gravy
-> Cinnamon rolls (warm)
-> Ham or sausage (varies)
-> Pancakes with syrup (sugar free syrup available A+)
-> Hard boiled eggs
-> Cereals, oatmeal, bagels, coffee, juice, etc...
Location: It's located just outside of downtown, but if you're looking for bars/food, then it might be worth it to be closer to East Lansing. There is a family fun center located close by for any kids. There's an Applebee's and Cracker Barrel close by for lunch and dinner options along with a couple other more "fancy" options.
Overall I really didn't have too much to complain about. They are currently remodeling the hall way outside of my suite, but that's about it. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay in this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Best Western Okemos/East Lansing Hotel & Suites! We invite you to come experience our fully renovated hotel and delight in our beautiful salt chlorinated indoor pool with retractable roof. Our state of the art fitness room includes two treadmills, an elliptical, several strength training options including weight machines and dumbbells. Our complimentary deluxe hot breakfast features over 30 items and will certainly wake you up to all that greater Lansing has to offer. We are located right off I-96 and Exit 110, so travelers to Lansing and East Lansing will find themselves just minutes away from popular destinations like the Capital and Michigan State University. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Best Western, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Okemos/East Lansing Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Lansing-Okemos (Msu Area)
- Holiday Inn Express Okemos
- Holiday Inn Okemos
- Okemos Holiday Inn