“Started fine, ended horribly”
Review of Frank's Press Box East - CLOSED

Frank's Press Box East
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We were in town with several families. Chose Frank's as it was across the street from our hotel, which was convenient with several children. The waitress was prompt to take our orders. Drinks came out quickly. Food, not so much! I was finished with my meal (burger) and the person next to hadn't even received hers yet (a burrito). After we were finished we all paid our tabs. The waitress messed up bad though. We were back at the hotel about 2 hours later and she came marching in (with a cook we assume), accusing us of not closing our bills out. Come to find out, she gave 2 people the same charge slip to sign and didn't run one of the cards she was given. Totally her error, but she never admitted her mistake or apologized and the manager was even worse! Needless to say, they lost out on our business for the next evening, so lost about $1000 in tabs. Will never return! Have never seen such a disrespectful establishment.

There are newer reviews for Frank's Press Box East

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Nominally a sports venue, and the TVs are well placed and dispersed. Bar suggested we move rather than turn the big screen in our otherwise deserted section to hockey. They finally gave in on this. Server not particularly interested in us and food pretty ordinary. Popcorn shrimp app actually ok. Chili dog big but chili not particularly tasty. Chicken wrap had good components but oddly flat. Really nothing here to recommend the trip.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This bar was within walking distance of my hotel and based on the reviews in TripAdvisor, I figured I would give it a try. Service was very prompt and efficient and pleasant. I had a beer and did some work on the free wifi, before ordering dinner. That is when things went a little down hill. I ordered a NY strip and took a bowl of chill to start. The chilli was luke warm at best, but a good size bowl. It tasted ok, but I suspect if came from a can. The steak was a good size but over cooked and not a good cut of meat. The fries were crispy but again not very warm. The food did not take long to come. Based on food alone I would rate this place poorly, but it is a bar, not a restaurant, so I can not rate it too badly. The bar looked nice and there were plenty of TV's and two pool tables.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

It had been a long day, driving and class. I was late to arrive and the rest of my party had been there for some time. Staff didn't arrive to take my order and I had been sitting there for close to 15 min, until the rest of my party had asked for their check. The food was less than fresh and the waitress seemed to be put out that there was still me to serve. I ate as quickly as I could, got my bill and left. Actually, never to return. I headed over to Dunkin' Donuts, where the reputation of Okemos was redeemed.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Had a great meal and service! The menu has a large selection. The food and service was great. Fun and friendly atmosphere! Would definitely go back!