“Diamond in the Rough”

Frank's Press Box East
Schaumburg
“Diamond in the Rough”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This place is nothing to look at and when you go inside it is a little run down...now for the good part...If you LOVE BURGERS they have the BEST BURGERS in town. We ended up eating their almost every night. Glad it was recommended to us.

Visited July 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Great atmosphere and food, disappointing service.”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I loved the atmosphere and the food was perfect after a long day at work, with coworkers. The service was pretty awful though and that really sticks out for me. The food can be excellent but if the service is rotten, I won't be returning. Our waitress would rarely return to ask for orders or if we were okay, and when she would stop she would walk away when we were in mid-sentence. She was good about refilling beverages but when my coworker politely asked about a pending transaction from last night he was here, showing up in his bank account from the beginning of March, she told us she wasn't a bank teller and walked away! What she should have done is grabbed the manager just so we could double check if that prior transaction had been closed.

• Visited May 2013
Grand Traverse County, Michigan
“This place is solid..”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The wings are good, but the waitstaff is hit and miss. There are plenty of tvs for your entertainment. Definitely a must-try-it-for-one while in the area.

• Visited March 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Pretty Plain Jane”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Was there this evening. Decided to try it over Applebees. Bad decision. Food was nothing to write home about ($7 bucks for poppers that were burnt - 6 total) - Got the Turkey Pretzel sandwich and I could have had made it better at home. Bartender was nice but service was slow and the bill was high. Please note I worked for over 12 years as a waiter and bartender so I am more forgiving then most. So before you tell me I'm hard on the place think again. I know what good food and service is and this place had neither. Could have gotten a 6 pack and a Subway sandwich and enjoyed it more. Sorry I really wanted to like it but in the end I should have gone with my gut and went to Applebees.

• Visited May 2012
Madison, Alabama
“Awesome”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

My husband and I arrived late in Okemos and were happy to see there was a restaurant still open. Great place to grab a bite to eat - we have the nachos and they were all kinds of awesome, grab a drink, and watch some sports! Loved it!

• Visited September 2011