“Loved the Cherrie Crumb Pie!!”

Grand Traverse Pie Company
Ranked #10 of 120 Restaurants in Okemos
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch
Description: The Okemos pie shop opened in November 2000. The shop is located in the upscale Meridian Crossing Development near Stillwater Grill and Starbucks. The owners like that the GT Pie Co. Has a family feel, rather than a corporate feel. A comfortable atmosphere awaits customers who come in for breakfast, lunch, dinner, gourmet coffee, take-home food, or just for dessert. Easy jazz is played during the day to help make your time at the pie shop more enjoyable. We have specialty items like grilled sandwiches, pot pies, quiches, and gourmet salads. We have frozen 9" and 6" pot pies available for home baking. Call ahead or ask when you stop in and we can have salad and soup ready for your take-home lunch or dinner. Don't forget about our dessert menu that includes Gourmet Pie (fruit and cream), cookies, muffins, apple turnovers, apple dumplings, brownies, lemon bars, and carrot cake, to name a few. All are hand-made from scratch daily. Call us for delivery of lunch/dinner or any special catering needs. We have sandwich platters, large salad and fruit bowls, box lunches and dessert platters available. We look forward to seeing you at our shop in Okemos!
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My daughters and I visited the Grand Traverse Pie co. in Grand River and we did not like the food nor the place. We then went to the GTPC on Jolly Road in Okemos to try their pies, and this place is cleaner, and apparently it is a new building, Pies we tried were: Chocolate Cream Pie, Cherry Crumb Pie, Peach Crumb Pie and Apple Pie. They were all delicious. I wish I lived closer to this pie bakery.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stopped while in town on business and picked up a couple of pies to bring back to my family - a peach and a cherry. They were both pretty good, though everyone in my family voted that they liked the cherry better. Neither knocked my socks off, but I haven't met very many pies I didn't like.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I came with my wife for what was going to be pie and coffee after a dinner on one of our few nights out without the kids. When I asked what kind of pies they had available, they couldn't tell me. When I asked if they had a list of them somewhere, and even thought I saw their list, they said, "no, that's just the menu" and wouldn't let me see it. They eventually listed off a number of fruit pies they had and I had to ask, "do you have any cream pies?" to which the girl at the counter said, "yeah, they're all over there, whatever one you want." They then told me that they could cut up any pie for me they had in the cooler, and when I asked for their peanut butter pie, they left it in the plastic to-go container and put that on the plate. I The dining room was filthy and the bathroom had run out of toilet paper. After a little while, they announced that they were going to be firing up some ovens, and even though they weren't closing for an hour, the place was going to start smelling bad. Within a few minutes, the smell was so bad we had to leave. I will not go there again.

1  Thank Johnny B
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We went here for after lunch dessert. The coconut pie was heavenly. Was hoping for Banana Cream but it sold out quickly. As did most of their cream pies. Would highly recommend them. My son also enjoyed his jumbo rice krispie treat from their.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Delicious lunch that we ate on the small sidewalk area at the Downtown Lansing location. We had the pot pie and a yummy chicken sandwich. Nice to see Downtown busy on the weekend! A little pricey for lunch.