“Not all pies are created equal”

Grand Traverse Pie Company
Ranked #7 of 118 Restaurants in Okemos
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch
Description: The Okemos pie shop opened in November 2000. The shop is located in the upscale Meridian Crossing Development near Stillwater Grill and Starbucks. The owners like that the GT Pie Co. Has a family feel, rather than a corporate feel. A comfortable atmosphere awaits customers who come in for breakfast, lunch, dinner, gourmet coffee, take-home food, or just for dessert. Easy jazz is played during the day to help make your time at the pie shop more enjoyable. We have specialty items like grilled sandwiches, pot pies, quiches, and gourmet salads. We have frozen 9" and 6" pot pies available for home baking. Call ahead or ask when you stop in and we can have salad and soup ready for your take-home lunch or dinner. Don't forget about our dessert menu that includes Gourmet Pie (fruit and cream), cookies, muffins, apple turnovers, apple dumplings, brownies, lemon bars, and carrot cake, to name a few. All are hand-made from scratch daily. Call us for delivery of lunch/dinner or any special catering needs. We have sandwich platters, large salad and fruit bowls, box lunches and dessert platters available. We look forward to seeing you at our shop in Okemos!
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My wife and I often stop at Grand Traverse Pie Company to pick up baked goods. Their pies are by far the best in the area. For holidays we would order in advance the pies we want to insure we get them. Their selection is fantastic. Well worth stopping here to eat or get a coffee and snack.

There are newer reviews for Grand Traverse Pie Company

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Not much to say beyond the title of the review. I've had the banana cream, apple crumb and chocolate cream pies and enjoyed them all. I really like that they have mini-pies (about 4 slices) for take out, because if I bought a larger pie it would have gone bad before I could finish it. The staff is always very pleasant.

1  Thank Il0vebaseball
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Their fruit pies are to die for! The rest of their food is very good too. The have a variety of soups, sandwiches and pot pies on thier menu.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have eaten at Grand Traverse Pie Company for lunch about a dozen times. I have tried a variety of soups, sandwiches and salads and haven't found anything that has stood out to me. Nothing has been awful, but everything has been just okay. The coffee is very good here, it can be hard to find places in the Lansing Area that serve good coffee. The standout at GT Pie is the pie. The pies are excellent at all of the locations, my favorite are the crumb crust pies (Lakeshore Berry) and the Key Lime Pie.

Have lunch elsewhere and come here for dessert.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stopped here last summer after a full day at MSU. The food looks and smells delicious. However, the portions are fairly small and pricey ($12 for pot pie). The restaurant was way overcrowded (not enough seating) and very uncomfortable. The pie after dinner was good but not great. You can get the same if not better experience at Big Boy, with the food being netter and cheaper! The pie there is better too. Not impressed Grand Traverse.