“Great entertainment, Great food”

Ukai Japanese Steak House
Ranked #13 of 114 Restaurants in Okemos
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Join us for a memorable experience where dishes are prepared at your table by our expert Hibachi chefs, with only the finest in steak, chicken and seafood entrees.
“Great entertainment, Great food”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Although our chef making our food was new and had little tricks up his sleeve to really wow our table, the food makes up for it! Shrimp, scallops, chicken, steak all sooooo yummy. A little on the pricey side if you sway from a vegetable or chicken meal, but you get enough food and it's so good you could care less!
tPlan to drink gallons of water later though. SALTY

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank spartyharty

Greater Lansing
“Fun time and delicious food!”
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

As with previous visits, this trip with a large group was outstanding. The portions are more than generous, and it's always entertaining to see the chef's various acrobatic food tricks and see it all cooking in front of you. Drinks service was also friendly and prompt, and while the whole experience can be a bit pricey it's worth it. Better than similar teppanyaki places I have visited in large cities for less cost.

1 Thank pointer86
Ionia, Michigan
“Wonderful Experience!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My birthday was spent here with friends and I had not a single complaint! The food was great, the price was great, the drinks were great and the fun was never ending...awesome time (every minute)!!!

Visited October 2012
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible food poisoning”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

The first time I went I got horrible, and I mean HORRIBLE food poisoning. I was out for about 2 days and couldn't go to work or anything. I come on vacation here a lot since all my family is here, so about a year later we went back thinking that the other time was just maybe a freak accident or something was just wrong with the meat I ate. But the same exact thing happened again. I will never go there again! and I recommend you don't either!!

Holt, Michigan
“Savory meal, great entertainment”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

This was our first visit, and I made reservations so we could celebrate a birthday. We waited ~5 minutes for our table, and thoroughly enjoyed the meal, service, knife expertise and juggling by our chef, Linn. We'll return and I suggest you make reservations since customers were turned away who had just dropped in to eat. The restaurant was packed with happy faces. It was entertaining enough to keep our 1-year old grandson stimulated.

• Visited December 2011