“Comfortable, clean, & friendly”

Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Okemos
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Comfortable, clean, & friendly”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed in a studio for 5 nights, the room was quite even with a full building. Nicely equipped to make some simple meals. Exercise room was good sized with a good variety of equipment. We didn't use the indoor pool or hot tub, but they both looked nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for the review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay! Next time you come back try out the pool and spa!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed December 21, 2013

3 1/2 stars.

I want to start off by complaining about the 800 toll free number. The internet description of the rooms on several sites was not clear about the configuration of the rooms. We have a large family of six (4 kids) and need to know the room and bed lay outs. The toll free number was the most accessible. I called, and the heavily accented customer service rep was obviously so tied to his script, he could not answer my question. I had to tell him multiple times which property I was talking about, and ask him multiple times my question about the room size and bed configuration. He kept reading from his script about the business center, free breakfast, free parking, down comforters, etc, etc, etc. I had one simple question and he could not give me simple answer. He finally put me on hold when I got frustrated with his ramblings. In that time, my husband was able to track down the direct line phone number to the hotel and quickly get our question answered. In this situation - Corporate sucked.

Check in at the hotel was smooth. I checked in earlier with one child and they held a key for my husband and the other kids for their later check-in. Both front desk crew were extremely pleasant and friendly. My only complaint was the lack of a covered area and a small loading area in front of the hotel. There was a snow storm that night, and a taxi-cab monopolized the front of the hotel and I could not pull-up to unload 6 people's worth of luggage to a cart. The snow was not well cleared, so there was only room for this one taxi.

The room was clean, well equipped and comfortable. Although we did not use the kitchen table, it was surrounded by 5 conference executive chairs - very comfy! The pull out couch was missing a blanket, but the front desk was quick to send up missing bedding. All the beds had fitted bottom sheets - including the pull-out which is great in a hotel - the sheets don't pop off! The doors were quiet and didn't slam. The walls were slightly thin and we did hear our neighbors talking at 6 am.

My kids liked the breakfast although I didn't make it. I can't comment on it much. Again, checkout was smooth with the same problem with the snowy area in front of the hotel. The staff definitely had trouble keeping up with the snow. At least this time we could pull the car up to load the luggage. The other problem, is that this five year old hotel is set back from the main road. It is not well marked and the street level signs are not well lit. We are familiar with the area, as we used to live in this town 20 years ago, but still had trouble finding the hotel. The entrance roads curve and when it is dark or when they were snow covered, it was hard to see the road. Some lighting would have helped.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry you had such a poor experience with IHG reservations. We always recommend calling any hotel directly to make reservations. It is always nice to speak with someone who is actually at the hotel!

Thank you!
Chennai
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I had a long stay for 3 months in a suite (with kitchen). The staff were courteous and helpful. They accomodated my request to run the dishwasher daily.

Only problem that I had was the limited or no vegetarian options in breakfast and social dinners. Most days in a week, I found all options are non-vegetarian (pork or beef or eggs) which makes life very difficult for pure vegetarians like me. They should include atleast one veggie option daily and more varieties than the occasional 'breakfast potatoes'.

Overall, my stay was good and would come again to stay anytime.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review! I am happy to hear you stayed with us for 3 months and enjoyed your stay.

I will look at our menu and see if we can make it more appealing to vegetarians. We offer salads each day at the Social but we will see about adding more variety.
Smithville, Missouri
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Comfortable room, nice having the kitchenette; good breakfast. Clean room. Did not have time to try out the indoor pool, but it looked inviting. Good location for my needs. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for they review! I am glad to hear you found your stay comfortable. We want you to feel at home while you are here.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Ended up at the Okemos Staybridge via Priceline. Couldn't have been a better choice. Stayed overnite on a Sunday while visiting MSU in early August 2013. Was greeted by a very pleasant night desk manager who also is a student at MSU and was very helpful in giving us local directions and restaurant information. Hotel must be somewhat new as EVERYTHING in the room and hotel in general was in great shape. Unfortunately we weren't staying long enough to utilize and enjoy all the contents (kitchen area) of the suite. Complimentary Breakfast service was better than most. This place is a great find, a can't miss, something that you wouldn't think of finding in this area. Highly recommend this place when staying in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, September 26, 2013
I am happy your enjoyed your stay. Hopefully you enjoyed the visit to MSU as well. This area has a lot of wonderful things to offer.

Come back and see us next time you visit!

Mike Kent
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was a business stay (4-day stay). I found this hotel one of the better ones that I have stayed in recently because of the following reasons:

*Pleasant & helpful staff,
*Enjoyed the spacious room,
*There was a laundry basket in the closet, nice touch for extended stay hotel,
*Kitchen was well stocked with plates, silverware, etc.,
*Clean room,
*Good, quick, hot water
*The Managers reception in the evenings was a nice touch with the Manager making sure to speak to each of the patrons,
*Saw a double rainbow when it rained on Thursday :),
*I enjoyed reading the postings at the lobby "Out & About" (i.e. celebrity/notable birthdays, weather, local events, trivia),
*Warm chocolate chip cookies :),
*Quiet area/location,
*Location was convenient to shopping, business/commerce & restaurants,
*Close to the company I was visiting in Mason,
*Outside area was nice with (2) gas grills, covered area.

The first 2 nights I slept great, the remaining week I just could not get comfortable (not sure why). The bed & pillows were comfortable.

I was very pleased, will stay again & will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
That is a great list! I am very pleased to see you took advantage of the amenities we have to offer. Our Social evening reception is evolving into a fun time for our guest's to mingle and relax after work.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Mike Kent
West Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed here at the end of August 2013. It was my first time at this hotel, but will definitely not be my last. The hospitality was over the top! The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff was awesome. You can even bring your pets!! The morning breakfast was fabulous, and they even had evening meals Tuesday through Thursday. The rooms were very clean and well stocked. Lots of amenities! Rooms had a kitchen and plenty of space for leisure and work. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Great to hear you enjoyed your stay! I am also happy to hear you enjoyed all of our amenities! Come back and see us again!

Mike K.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okemos
Hampton Inn & Suites East Lansing / Okemos
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Fairfield Inn East Lansing
Candlewood Suites - East Lansing M.S.U
Hyatt Place Lansing
Hyatt Place Lansing
#1 of 25 in Lansing
TownePlace Suites East Lansing

Been to Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)? Share your experiences!