“Very nice property”

Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Okemos
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel was great! I don't know if this place is new, but it sure seemed it. Our room had 2 queen beds, a room for TV watching and a very nice kitchen. It was spotlessly clean. Very comfortable beds. B-fast was great. It had hot and cold items and even a bag to take food for later in the day. No question about it...this is the place you should stay. Oh and they also have a communal home theatre room!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for your review! I love when guest's experience all the features the hotel offers. Be sure to come back this summer! We grill out on Wednesday nights and play games in the courtyard!

We look forward to taking care of you in the future!

Best regards,

Reviewed February 17, 2013

From check in to check out it was a great stay. Jason was top notch with customer service. Clean, comfortable and customer service was wonderful. The breakfast was great. The only thing they needed was cleaning wipes for the workout machines. We travel a lot and this was a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

That is the grade we want! Thank you for your review! I will take your suggestion and add some cleaning wipes to the Fitness Center!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Don't usually stay at a "longer stay" property, but we picked the Staybridge Suites based on previous reviews and a great rate. Very glad that we did, as the rooms are excellent and huge. We were booked into a 1-bedroom, 2-bed suite, but due to a reservation snafu, they didn't have that type of room available. Ryan at the front desk really stepped up and exceeded our expectations for solving the problem, giving us an extra studio suite right next to my room. We also felt genuinely welcomed by all of the staff at the hotel. Definitely enjoyed the morning breakfast and the indoor pool/hot tub, too. If we're ever back in the area, I'm sure we'd definitely come back to the Staybridge Suites.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for trying the Staybridge! I am glad you enjoyed our large rooms and breakfast! We have made a lot of upgrades to the breakfast!

I was very happy to hear we corrected your reservation issue and went above what you expected to make things right! We can not prevent all issues but we can always go above and beyond to fix them! I will pass on to Ryan your compliments!

Thank you again, and we look forward to accomodating you in the future!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was at the Staybridge in Okemos from mid-July 2012 until early-January 2013. The staff continually went out of their way to make my stay more enjoyable. Wayne, the night desk person, always made a pot of coffee for me around 4:30am so I could enjoy a cup while checking the internet prior to leaving for work. Another of the night staff offered to start my car when the windows were frosted over! The ladies that work in the kitchen preparing breakast always have smiles on their faces and are extremely pleasant. The Social Evening Receptions on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are awesome ways to meet the other residents and spend time with Malinda Barr, the Sales Manager. I especially enjoyed the salads because they were always so fresh and had lots of variety. Thank you for making my stay such a pleasant experience!

Room Tip: My room was on the upper level on the patio side. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

I am happy to hear you had a great experience with us and thank you for sharing it! We truly value all our guest's but we really enjoy our guest's that stay for long periods of time like yourself! I will be sure to pass on a congratulations to the team members you noted.

I am also happy to hear you enjoyed our new Social menu which includes the salad bar you mentioned!

Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend. I came back to town for a high school reunion. Perfect stay. Lovely room. Took advantage of the court yard. Absolutely relaxing. Used grills for steak. Was almost like being at a resort. Would definitely stay again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to accomodating you again in the future!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a very nice hotel And the staff is very friendly and helpful. We had some problems but the staff worked very hard to make things right. Our original reservation had one of the two bedroom suites canceled without notifying us. The night manager worked with me and gave me two other rooms at the same price as the original reservation.
Upon checkin we found dirty dishes and towels in one of the rooms. The general manager gave us half off of one night's bill for the room.

It was Thanksgiving day and the hotel was not ready for the crowd at breakfast. One person was trying to keep everything stocked both mornings we were there. It was a struggle and several people waited a long time for food and drink and utensils and dishes. Despite that, the food was good and there were plenty of options.

The rooms are very nice with comfortable furniture. Fully equipped kitchens including ice makers in the fridge. The pool and hot tub are good sized and in their own building so no chlorine smell in the hotel.

Everyone we met was extremely friendly and made us feel welcome. Our daughter is doing her residency at two local hospitals for the next four years. We will go back to Staybridge Suites in Okemos, MI.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for your review. I recall your group and am glad we had a chance to speak! I am sorry you had some problems with your reservation and your room not being up to our standards. On a positve note I am glad the team took quick action and looked for a immediate fix to the problem! I also agree we were not ready for the amount of guest's on Thanksgiving morning. We typically try to staff back on Holiday's as they are usually slow and we want our staff to enjoy some time at home. However, we will be much more prepaired for the upcoming Holiday's and staff more people. I am glad you did enjoyed the breakfast once you got some of it!

I look forward to accomodating your group on your next trip to Okemos. Feel free to contact me directly and I will ensure your reservations are set!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed here while visiting my son at MSU for a week.
We had a 2 bedroom suite. 1 king bed and 2 queens.
We really enjoyed our stay here.
The staff were super friendly and helpful.
The breakfast was great.
We didn't use the pool so can't comment on that.
The rooms were very clean with everything you could want.
The manager went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed.
We will certainly stay here again while coming to visit our son.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us! I also appreciate that you took the time to give us your review. Our two bedroom suite is great for a family as it provides room for everyone to spread out and get comfortable. We look forward to your next trip to Okemos/ East Lansing!

Mike Kent

Also consider these accommodations in or near Okemos
Hampton Inn & Suites East Lansing / Okemos
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Candlewood Suites - East Lansing M.S.U
Hyatt Place Lansing
Hyatt Place Lansing
#1 of 26 in Lansing
Fairfield Inn East Lansing
Hampton Inn East Lansing
Hampton Inn East Lansing
#1 of 9 in East Lansing

Been to Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)? Share your experiences!