“Outstanding customer service!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)

Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Okemos
Champlin, Minnesota
“Outstanding customer service!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was at the Staybridge in Okemos from mid-July 2012 until early-January 2013. The staff continually went out of their way to make my stay more enjoyable. Wayne, the night desk person, always made a pot of coffee for me around 4:30am so I could enjoy a cup while checking the internet prior to leaving for work. Another of the night staff offered to start my car when the windows were frosted over! The ladies that work in the kitchen preparing breakast always have smiles on their faces and are extremely pleasant. The Social Evening Receptions on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are awesome ways to meet the other residents and spend time with Malinda Barr, the Sales Manager. I especially enjoyed the salads because they were always so fresh and had lots of variety. Thank you for making my stay such a pleasant experience!

Room Tip: My room was on the upper level on the patio side. Very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I am happy to hear you had a great experience with us and thank you for sharing it! We truly value all our guest's but we really enjoy our guest's that stay for long periods of time like yourself! I will be sure to pass on a congratulations to the team members you noted.

I am also happy to hear you enjoyed our new Social menu which includes the salad bar you mentioned!

Mike Kent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend. I came back to town for a high school reunion. Perfect stay. Lovely room. Took advantage of the court yard. Absolutely relaxing. Used grills for steak. Was almost like being at a resort. Would definitely stay again if ever in the area.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to accomodating you again in the future!
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel And the staff is very friendly and helpful. We had some problems but the staff worked very hard to make things right. Our original reservation had one of the two bedroom suites canceled without notifying us. The night manager worked with me and gave me two other rooms at the same price as the original reservation.
Upon checkin we found dirty dishes and towels in one of the rooms. The general manager gave us half off of one night's bill for the room.

It was Thanksgiving day and the hotel was not ready for the crowd at breakfast. One person was trying to keep everything stocked both mornings we were there. It was a struggle and several people waited a long time for food and drink and utensils and dishes. Despite that, the food was good and there were plenty of options.

The rooms are very nice with comfortable furniture. Fully equipped kitchens including ice makers in the fridge. The pool and hot tub are good sized and in their own building so no chlorine smell in the hotel.

Everyone we met was extremely friendly and made us feel welcome. Our daughter is doing her residency at two local hospitals for the next four years. We will go back to Staybridge Suites in Okemos, MI.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your review. I recall your group and am glad we had a chance to speak! I am sorry you had some problems with your reservation and your room not being up to our standards. On a positve note I am glad the team took quick action and looked for a immediate fix to the problem! I also agree we were not ready for the amount of guest's on Thanksgiving morning. We typically try to staff back on Holiday's as they are usually slow and we want our staff to enjoy some time at home. However, we will be much more prepaired for the upcoming Holiday's and staff more people. I am glad you did enjoyed the breakfast once you got some of it!

I look forward to accomodating your group on your next trip to Okemos. Feel free to contact me directly and I will ensure your reservations are set!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed here while visiting my son at MSU for a week.
We had a 2 bedroom suite. 1 king bed and 2 queens.
We really enjoyed our stay here.
The staff were super friendly and helpful.
The breakfast was great.
We didn't use the pool so can't comment on that.
The rooms were very clean with everything you could want.
The manager went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed.
We will certainly stay here again while coming to visit our son.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us! I also appreciate that you took the time to give us your review. Our two bedroom suite is great for a family as it provides room for everyone to spread out and get comfortable. We look forward to your next trip to Okemos/ East Lansing!

Upper Marlboro, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four nights on a extended weekend. The room was spacious & clean. The bed was VERY comfortable. The staff was nice, attentive, & professional. The pool and hot tub was clean. I have no complaints at all; even the breakfast was decent. I definitely will be staying there again the next time i'm in that area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for giving us your review! I am happy you enjoyed all aspects of your stay! We are designed for travelers coming in for a few days. Which is why we have spacious rooms, full refridgerators, and stocked kitchens. So you feel at home!

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Okemos!

Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed at this property while working on a contract job in the area, and I felt right at home with the staff. The rooms were always spotless...the breakfast bar had hot food AND real fruit...and the evening Sunsetter always had a salad available.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review! I am very happy to hear the hotel was like home! That is our goal to make our guest's feel like family.

It is also great to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and Social! We have rolled out new menu's and they have got great reviews. We are always trying new things that our guest's ask us for!

We look forward to welcoming you if you come back to Lansing in the future!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at this property for 2 nights and, overall, had a very good experience. I stayed at one of their suites and found the room VERY spacious, clean and comfortable. I had limited amount of interactions with reception staff but found them courteous. My only suggestion to the hotel is to improve their breakfast bar, which is rather limited in choices. I was attending a conference at the Holiday Inn Express across the road and I can attest to the fact that the breakfast at Holiday Inn was far better in terms of quality and diversity. All in all, a nice stay and I will go back.

Room Tip: Get a suite.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MikeKent1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area), responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your review! We have rolled out a new breakfast and are constantly working to improve it! I would love for you to contact me directly and let me know what items you would like to see added to our breakfast! We have items that go over well certain days and items that seem not to be well liked. We want every day to be a perfect breakfast!

Thank you for your loyalty to IHG and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Mike.kent@ahm-hotels.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okemos
Hampton Inn & Suites East Lansing / Okemos
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Candlewood Suites - East Lansing M.S.U
Fairfield Inn East Lansing
Residence Inn East Lansing
Residence Inn East Lansing
#3 of 9 in East Lansing
Hyatt Place Lansing
Hyatt Place Lansing
#1 of 25 in Lansing

Been to Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)? Share your experiences!