“Great Quality for a Great Price!”

Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Okemos
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Great Quality for a Great Price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

Since my husband is in a brain rehabilitation center near Okemos, and we're from out of town, I need a place to stay very often, when I come to visit him. Staybridge Suites in Okemos, Michigan is wonderful. I get the Government/Military rate (my husband is retired Air Force), and the staff know me by name now. They've been wonderful about filling any request I may have about rooms, bringing my dog, and any other needs. This hotel is clean, very comfortable, up-to-date, with free wi-fi, a fitness center where all of the machines actually work, a free cooked breakfast every morning, a really nice pool and hot tub, and each suite has plenty of room, with several different configurations to choose from.

At the end of sometimes a very rough day, I look forward to "coming home" to Staybridge Suites. It's a place I can count on to be well taken care of!

Room Tip: Keep the "noise factor" in mind when choosing a room. This Staybridge Suites has 3 floors...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Elburn, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

Stayed here for MSU football game and visiting son at school. We had the queen studio suite and was more than enough for two people and the rooms were very clean, staff was great especially since the hotel was completely booked for that weekend. Great hot breakfast and nice lobby and eating area. Close to MSU, probably 5 to 10 minute drive. Nice area with various restaurants within walking distance. Would stay here again without question. We used points, hard to say value for the price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Montague, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

I enjoyed staying here on a recent business trip. The bed was comfortable, kitchenette was nice, plenty of towels...the room was clean and personnel were very friendly. I recommend this. If had a suggestion to make to the guest: If you enjoy a glass of wine or cocktail in the evening, BYO. There is a nearby restaurant (stillwater, I believe) that has an attractive, yet very pricey!, menu and beverage list. But it is a bit of walking and in the fall/winter/inclement weather, you might not want to do that. There is no in-house restaurant or bar. There is a very nice Manager Reception meal on selected evenings in the week and the morning breakfast is satisfying.
If I had suggestions for the hotel itself...consider equipping your suites with more than one bowl, one fork, one glass... I struggled with that. Additionally, the guest services book had been so corrupted and messed with, I called the main desk for a complete one. I was promptly given a TV listing printout..... :( But it was prompt.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

I am extremely disappointed that a hospitality entity could conduct business in such a way that the Staybridge Suites in Okemos, MI conducts business. I made a reservation for this upcoming weekend and at no point was I told about their advance purchase policy. Had I known this, I would have never agreed to reserve the room as our weekend plans were not yet solidified. Unfortunately, our weekend plans fell through and I called to cancel my reservation 4 days prior to our check-in date. At this time, I was informed of the advance purchase policy and the no cancellation policy. I spoke to the manager and indicated that I had not received a confirmation email or receipt of transaction only to learn that their front desk attendant sent it to the wrong email address. The manager was unwilling to work with me and refused any sort of a refund.

PLEASE BEWARE when booking at this hotel - I'd hate for you to have to eat ~$600 due to a change in plans and a front desk attendant who is not forthcoming with their policies.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Traveler2011977
Okemos, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

We love this hotel. It is nicely laid out and the staff is very helpful. We have stayed here for a winter get a way even though the hotel is not more than 3 miles from our home. It is just a lovely place, with a great indoor pool and lovely breakfast. I have sent several business colleagues here and they have all been satisfied. You will be too.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

I was so happy with this hotel that I felt the need to write my first review on tripadvisor. My husband and I stayed here for just one night after the MSU football game. The location is great, right off exit 110 on I-96. About a 5 minute drive to campus.

The Room: Suprised to find a complete kitchen (I've never stayed at Staybridge). Full fridge. VERY clean. Comfy bed. Modern decor. Free internet.

The Staff: The front desk staff was extremely helpful at check-in and with recommending a good cab driver. We met 2 different staff members and they were both friendly and accomodating.

Next time we plan to stay the night before or after a State game, we will definitely book a room here! Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sparty311
Brasilia, DF
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

Fantastic experience. The hotel is brand new, the service was very kind and perfect. The room is fully equipped and perfectl clean. The neighborhood is very quiet and peaceful, with some restaurants and convenience stores close by.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okemos
Hampton Inn & Suites East Lansing / Okemos
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)
Candlewood Suites - East Lansing M.S.U
East Lansing Marriott at University Place
Hampton Inn & Suites Lansing West
Hyatt Place Lansing
Hyatt Place Lansing
#1 of 25 in Lansing

Been to Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)? Share your experiences!