“Great food”
Review of Dusty's Wine Bar

Dusty's Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Dusty's Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 116 Restaurants in Okemos
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Marsh Rd
Description: Dusty's Wine Bar features fine dining in a relaxed "Wine Bar"-Bistro atmosphere. Award winning wine spectator wine list. Next door is the the the Tap Room, your local neighborhood pub and on the other side is Dusty's Cellar for retail wine, beer, specialty foods, pastries and gift baskets.
USA
“Great food”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We ordered two different entrees and both were very good. Nice ambiance. And the attached grocery has a deli and gourmet chocolates. Highly recommend!

• Korean first
Houston
“The Fondue is a must do!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This place is upscale in a casual environment. They take reservations and I highly recommend making them. We were a walk in and got the last open table in the enclosed patio at 6pm on a Friday. We started the evening with the sample platter and some fondue. The fondue was intoxicating....we just could not stop eating it throughout the meal. One person had the torta and loved it but could not finish it. Warning it is large. I had the penne pasta with the jerk crumbles. It was surprisingly good. We were way too full for dessert. I will have to make sure I save room in my next visit. Maybe I will just do the fondue and then dessert....think about it! The perfect combo of salt, fat and sugar! Definitely put this place on your list of hidden gems in East Lansing/ Okemos area.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Good food, neat atmosphere, so-so service.”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I visited this restaurant when I was on a business trip at Michigan State Univ.

I really liked the atmosphere: 1/2 gourmet food store and 1/2 restaurant. The service was really slow; it seemed like there were only 2 servers on the entire floor. This, combined with a slow kitchen, meant that we spent a lot of time waiting for food and drinks.

The food was good -- I had a dinner salad and fish. Everything was well-prepared and tasty but nothing was exceptional. On the other hand, I seriously considered buying some of the pastries in the gourmet food store on the way out!

• Visited December 2012
East Lansing, Michigan
“pricey food for patrons with a sweet tooth”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We came to Dusty's Cellar for the first time with few expectation. Actually, my spouse thought that it served sandwiches. To our surprise, the average age of the patrons was probably 55 & the decor was fancy, like a smoking room - dim lighting and all.

The crab-cakes appetizer was pretty good. The salads were also very good. I ordered the wedge salad with blue cheese dressing, which was heavy on the dressing but beautifully presented & tasty. My spouse had the mixed greens with Jamaican curry dressing...also very good. His entree was the Thai Spiced Penne Pasta. Bad idea. I warned him that getting Asian food at a non-Asian restaurant was always a disappointment, but he saw the word "lemongrass" & was optimistic. To his dismay, the lemongrass was faint & the penne pasta was drenched in a sweet & spicy peanut sauce. It was so sweet that he couldn't taste much anything else but the peanut sauce. Needless to say, it was hardly Thai spiced. I ordered the Macademia and Ginger-crusted Boneless Pork Loin. The pork loin was well done. The meat was tender (not overcooked - phew) & the crusted was flaky. But the sauce (Michigan maple syrup) was literally syrup. It lacked subtlety...it was all sugary. So I tried eating the pork without the syrup.

We've been living in the Lansing area for a year now, & we've learned that, in order to get tasty food, we have to go to fancy, expensive restaurants. We have found few hole-in-the-wall restaurants that serve good food. We've also discovered most restaurant food is sweet (Even Olga Kitchen's pita bread & Emo's tofu soup are sweet!), so we are extra-cautious when we read menu descriptions & avoid entrees that have the word "glazed" or any sort of fruit, like mango or apple, or else our palette is bombarded a sweetness that overpowers everything else.

1 Thank Jeanne L
Okemos, Michigan
“It's okay”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Good food and nice atmosphere. You see a lot of pretentious people there. Had a disappointment on of the last times there. I ordered a braised beef dish described as "served over creamy truffled grits". Instead it was served over mashed potatoes. I told the waitress and her reaction was to go get me a plate of plain grits. She should have taken the dish bake and had it remade correctly. This one experience has soured me on Dusty's.

Visited February 2013