“Pleasant Stay”

Courtyard Detroit Novi
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Novi
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Traveled on business for 2-3 days stayed over weekend. Location close to the Novi Mall - 7 oaks I think.

Restaurant are pretty basic but great service overall
Comfy bed and good facilities.

Would stay again next year.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I were in Novi for a wedding and the Marriott was wonderful. Our room was quiet and clean with a very comfortable bed and linens changed daily. We appreciated the very helpful and friendly staff who always answered our questions and greeted us when we came into the lobby. The cafe was terrific, we had breakfast and everything was delicious and served quickly. The hotel is located to near a shopping center where we went to dinner one night. I would not consider any other place to stay if we were to return.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kukla2669
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We were in the Ann Arbor area for the soccer match at the University and to see family. The hotel was very nice, rooms were great. We had the package that included breakfast. It was delicious. The kids loved playing in the pool. It was convenient to shopping and eating. Staff was very friendly. I definitely would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Can't believe this was a Marriott. The room had a medicinal order to it. the bathroom had very little room for even the toiletries. The pillows were like boulders. I would give the staff a five it was the only redeeming thing about our visit. Forget this Courtyard

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bonnie R, Manager at Courtyard Detroit Novi, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay at the Courtyard Detroit-Novi. We regret that you did not enjoy your stay. The pillows and toiletries are all in compliance with Courtyard brand standards, as are all of the cleaning chemicals used to service guest rooms. Thank you for recognizing our staff as well. Once again, we apologize that we did not meet your expectations as a Marriott product but thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

Megan LaVine
Assistant General Manager
Detroit-Novi Courtyard by Marriott

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here the night of July 3Rd. We enjoyed this hotel even though there was a power outage that happened. Anthony made sure to keep everyone happy and updated about the outage. The location is great right next to shopping and 15 mins from the zoo! If we need to come back that way we would stay there again for sure! Exceptional front desk service and clean hotel. Beds were nice as well!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I got great service on check-in from Ruthie. I planned to use an eCertificate for a free night and was welcomed as a gold member. My room was #208, and there was an issue in the middle of the night. I was pleased with the response of the staff member. After 1/2 hour of extremely loud noise from the room next door (#210), I phoned the front desk near midnight and said I was concerned. I am not normally irritated by hotel noise, but it had gone on for quite awhile. I sensed many people were occupying the room next door, as I heard four separate showers taken and a lot of loud conversation. The front desk clerk apologized and said he'd check on it. Within five minutes, I heard him knock on the door of the room beside me and the noise immediately ceased. Oddly enough, it started again four hours later (similar - loud conversation, people knocking on doors or walls, and multiple showers taken). It occurred to me that there is a significant amount of road construction on 11 Mile, and that's the closest hotel. It's possible, although I am not sure, that the construction company may have rented a room or two for its workers to share to get rest between shifts. Other than that issue, which interfered with a good night's sleep, I would recommend the hotel. My suggestion would be that one should ask for a room on another level.

Room Tip: See my suggestion above about avoiding room #208. Also, when looking for the hotel, you may find it...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I spent a couple of nights here recently and it is a very nice hotel. The lobby and restaurant area have recently been renovated. There is a pool. The rooms are nice with comfortable beds. The showers had good water pressure. The staff was overwhelmingly friendly. Would highly recommend this place if you happen to be in Novi, Michigan.

Room Tip: Not really sure about the other rooms but mine had a deck which is nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends