Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Coopersville, Michigan
“Good stay.”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

First time staying at an Extended Stay America. this location was easily accessable from the highway, was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. he room had a full refrigerator, sink and microwave. Rate was fair and the grab and go breakfast offered oatmeal, muffins, oatmeal bars, fruit and coffee. Would definately stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roxanned1019
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Roxanne - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that we made a good first impression, providing you with a clean room, friendly staff, and a delicious grab-and-go breakfast.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I'm on the road 10 monhs a year and have seen and stayed at all kinds of accomodations, ESA Novi is right at the top! Clean, quite and comfortable and a very fair rate.The whole staff was very helpful and friendly. I would recommend it to anyone. Shawn

1 Thank shawncook
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Hi Shawn,

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled to see that you found our accommodations clean, quite and comfortable. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area. Once again, thank you for your review.
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We were in the area to visit family and travelled with our aging German Shepherd. Tonja was very helpful by getting us a 1st floor room. The room was clean, spacious and the hotel was very nice. Looks like it has been updated recently. We have previously stayed at a La Quinta in Canton that was dearly in need of updating...we will stay here from now on!! Must less congested area will still having plenty of food choices nearby.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lyn S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Lyn - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you found your room clean and spacious. As well, it is great to know that our staff was so helpful to you during your stay, especially Tonya since she was able to secure you a room on the first floor for your convenience.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a little over 2 weeks on assignment for work. My overall experience was positive, and every interaction with the staff was positive as they were all helpful and friendly. Unfortunately though the place seems to have been constructed a bit cheaply as I could hear the intimate details of the goings on in neighboring rooms throughout my stay. Though there is not much the staff could do about such a thing, it is advisable to fellow light sleepers to bring ear plugs as you will undoubtedly catch some of what's going on all around you. Perhaps I was unlucky and had inconsiderate neighbors throughout my stay, but the fact remains, even if they were just watching TV, I could hear it, and that was just the beginning.

I'd have no issues with staying here again if work assigned it to me, but I'd definitely bring the ear plugs back too.

N California
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was our first experience with Extended Stay, and it's important to understand the tradeoffs. More like staying in a lower-end condo than a hotel, but that was ok with us for the reasonable price. No maid service for a week. Kitchen with full size refrigerator, dishes, etc. No pool, spa, or fitness room, etc. The location was not too bad for road noise, but my wife was bothered by the refrigerator humming in the room. You can ask at the desk for items such as shampoo, or individual size packets of dish detergent. Carpet was a little worn, but room was clean. Entrance sign is somewhat hard to see after dark. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are further from parking lot noise.
1 Thank arbornet
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. I am so glad that you enjoyed the in-room kitchen and our hotel's location. Still, I am sorry that refrigerator made some noise. Please know, our maintenance staff is looking into this issue and will make repairs as needed. It pleases me to know that our staff provided you with friendly and helpful service.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again.
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was my first time staying at an Extended Stay America property. I was surprised at how nice the location, the room and the staff all were during my stay. I will have this location at the top of my list the next time I visit the Detroit Metro Area! - Jerome

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jerome S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that our staff and the location put us on the top of your list when you next visit the area. Thank you again for your review, we look forward to seeing you again!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was admittedly worried about having to stay at a two-star hotel in a suburb of Detroit, but this property was a real delight for its two-star status.

The hotel clamors for Trip Advisor reviews immediately upon entrance.

The property had everything one needed for a stay, including a decent bed, flat screen with cable, hot water, etc. It also comes equipped with a full kitchen (minus oven) and sets of cookware and plates. A bonus was the "grab and go" breakfast, which is right by the front desk and consisted of coffee, fruit, oatmeal packets, and oatmeal bars. Because I eat oatmeal on a daily basis, this was perfect for me. Free internet too.

All staff members were exceedingly friendly and professional and it felt as though they were being genuine, which was a great change.

A little off-putting to have to be buzzed in upon our late arrival the first night, but I guess that goes with the territory nowadays. Another downside was placement in a handicapped room, despite the fact that we were not handicapped and had not requested it.

Guests are treated to a free "welcome basket" upon registering in which popcorn, toothbrushes, toothpaste, and shampoo appear (note: only hard soap is provided in the room).

All sorts of chain restaurants and stores within a mile, as well as a 20+ screen movie theater (south on Haggerty, right about at Six Mile).

As a runner, I was more than pleased to discover a multi-mile (as in 20+) bike trail paralleling I-275, although it is not signed at all. What you need to do if you want to take advantage is head to a major intersection on Haggerty (8 Mile, 7 Mile, 6 Mile, etc.) and look for the nondescript paved path by 275. The path parallels the freeway but does make you cross every one of the major streets with a stoplight and you'll need to watch out for motorists exiting from the off-ramps, as they seem to have little regard for users of the trail (I was almost hit three times during my three runs by cars turning right on reds without stopping or looking and none of the motorists seemed at all shocked or surprised at nearly hitting me).

All-in-all, this property is a great deal and highly recommended! Know that it isn't luxurious in any way, but it is clean, fresh, and pleasant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mark F
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Mark - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that the staff and I were able to meet and exceed your expectations. I am also so pleased that you enjoyed our hotel's location, especially the trails nearby and other establishments in the area. As we strive to provide a "home away from home" to our guests, it's rewarding to read such comments about our property and staff.

Thank you again for your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again!