“Clean simple rooms”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Booked last minute because of no other vacancies pleasant surprise simple but clean and nice size rooms great coffee at breakfast claims of Michigans best coffee were made. I might not be qualified to judge that. Nice place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank 1_T_Scot
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that we were a pleasant surprise, especially because of our spacious rooms and grab and go breakfast complete with some great coffee!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here for a one night get away after going to a concert. Room was big, bed was small ( double? maybe a queen??) Room was clean. This hotel would probably be good if you wanted to be able to have a kitchen, or were staying for a couple of days (big room, coffee table, lazy boy chair). Location is good, right on the border of Northville and Novi, at 8 mile. My husband travels a lot for work and was not impressed. One of the main reasons I picked this hotel over the others similarily priced was the "fee breakfast"- which was packaged bars/ fruit/ coffee, not even juice.Again, probably good hotel if you are cooking in your own room or getting breakfast some where else. Breakfast was more like a snack.
We check in around 11:30pm and there was no one at the desk, a maid gave us our key, kinda surprising, but again, this is a good hotel for business stay, this wouldn't be my first choice for a romantic overnight.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hollyb905
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind comments about our clean rooms and great location; however, we apologize that our "grab and go" breakfast was not as plentiful as you would have liked. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken with our staff about maintaining a stronger presence at the front desk during the later evening hours, to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at mtomaszewski @extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed for two weeks for work. Positives: clean, good work space, free wifi, friendly front desk staff, feels very secure. Negatives: noisy heat/ac unit, board hard bed. The bed was the real downer. When you are going to stay someplace for two weeks, an uncomfortable bed is not what you want. I know the rte was only $79 night but I would have paid more for better sleep.

As much as I would like to recommend this property, I have to give it a middling review due to the discomfort I had sleeping.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am so happy to hear that your overall stay was a positive one. We work with our staff every day to ensure that we are providing a clean room at a great price, while offering the highest level of service we can. I am glad to see that we were able to provide those for you.

Please accept my apologies for the issues you did experience. Upon reading your comments, I did have our maintenance staff provide a thorough inspection of your AC/heater, reducing the noise it makes. As well, while we did upgrade our beds within the last two years, we are always working on ways to enhance the comfort of them, ensuring a good nights sleep. We promise to continue to do so, keeping feedback like yours in mind.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review of your stay. If we can be of any assistance to you in the future with your hotel needs, please let me know. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stay there once or twice a year. It's a great location for my needs. It's great value for my dollar, and the people are very helpful. Izak at the front desk is super - very helpful. He will some day be a manager of some 5 star hotel

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Art H
RDO_Sarah_L, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your great review. I’m so thrilled to hear your positive remarks about our staff member Izak and the property. Every day we strive to provide our guests with five star service!
I am happy we were able to provide such a positive experience for you! Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a fluke on Priceline. No complaints though! Quiet property, detailed cleaning in the room I stayed. Izak made check in fast and filled me in on everything I needed to know you. No hair dryer in the room but he went out of his way to run one to my room. Over all 100% satisfaction. Would definitely stay again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Lovesshoes514
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled to hear that Izak went above and beyond to accommodate your needs. it's truly rewarding to provide our guests with great service and experience the recognition. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

All staff was very friendly.

Izak helped make accommodations work our and went our of his way to be helpful in any way possible. Very service friendly employee

Also felt very safe staying here. My room number was not given out to a visitor the receptionist called my room to verify with me.

The room was very clean and a good size. Overall i only have pleasant things to say.

• Stayed: December 2012
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Thank you very much for your review. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. It's also terrific to hear you felt safe and at home at your hotel. We greatly appreciate your business and do look forward to having you back on your next trip to Novi.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was happy with the clean rooms and quiet environment. No loud music or parties at 3:00 AM like other local places. Housekeeping does a good job and I had no issues during my 3 month stay. This is the best Extended Stay that I have ever stayed at. Friendly staff and professional attitudes.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear your three month stay with us was a pleasant one. It's always rewarding to hear that our staff delivered on our promise of great guest service. I appreciate you posting this review. Thank you for choosing our hotel in Novi.