“Excellent Service!”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I truly can say that I had a very positive experience at this hotel. The staff there was top notch, as soon as I stepped in the door I was greeted kindly by Izak at the front desk, he made me feel welcome and I could tell that it was important to him that my stay be one to remember. I appreciate the care that I had and I am definitely going to make sure that I highly recommend this hotel to anyone that I know staying in the area! Thank you all very much and I will be looking forward to my future stays there.

Room Tip: Tell Izak what kind of room will be best suited for you and he will make magic happen i promise!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was wonderful to read about your positive experience with us. It's to hear that Izak went above and beyond to make sure your stay was comfortable. We really appreciate your business. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I had a last minute trip to the Detroit area and we needed to bring our Belgian Shepard with us. Normally I look for motel where we can park in front of the room door for ease of unloading and loading, but could not find any choices in the area. So we tried Extended Stay.

We were given a room on the second floor, but since the management was thoughtful and provides carts, it was convenient and easy to move our belongings to the room. Around the hotel was adequate green space for our dog to do his "duty" which we cleaned up and it appears other pet owners do too. The room was functional in design and very comfortable. It was clean.

The staff was helpful, friendly and professional. The pet fee of $25 seems a bit high to me compared to the typical $10-15 we pay at other hotels, but overall we were satisfied with the value. We will definitely consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us in Novi. I am so happy to hear we were able to accomodate your pet needs during your stay. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

My stay at Extended Stay America have been great. This team really knows how to treat people. Isak, Andre, Tanya and Don makes themselves readily available at all times. The new additions to the team will grow and learn alot from this amazing team. I am very exciting about the new changes and renovations that have been made. The best of all is the breakfast addition which will more than likely make my stay a bit more convincing to continue it longer. I've never been to any place of business and treated so courteous which such professionalism.

• Stayed: November 2012
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

I wanted to take the time to personally respond to your very kind words. I cannot thank you enough for your very nice review of our hotel and staff. Our entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest validation is that we have done just that. I am pleased to hear you like the renovations and the addition of our Grab and Go breakfast. Thank you so very much for staying with us. We appreciate you.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

When I checked into my first room at the Extended Stay, I must admit that the guest before me may have been cooking more than he should have - a lingering greasy diner smell hung in the air. Unfortunately the hotel was sold out and I was unable to move that night - - the front desk clerk made it very clear that he would ensure I was moved the next day. I left for work in the morning and returned that evening and was told by Izak that my new room was ready. The room was great - clean, fresh smelling and cozy! Izak personally made it his job to ensure that my stat was the best possible. I was also amazed that nearly every person that walked through that lobby was greeted by NAME by Izak!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for your post. I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced when you checked in. I am so sorry there were odor issues in your room. It's great to hear that Izak got that resolved as soon as possible and you were able to enjoy a new room. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Novi.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Saving to buy a house I came across this hotel. I was worried at first as I stayed here about 5 years ago and it was terrible at the time. What a difference new management has made! New flat screen TV's, beds and updates have breathed new life into the place. It is MUCH cleaner than before and the staff are just brilliant!

Ive been here since March with only one issue, a toilet thawouldn'tnt flush properly. Management had a maintenance person there that day and he replaced all the internals. Can't ask for more than that!

The rooms have a kitchenette which serves most of my needs. I wished it had an oven as I like to cook, so I bought a tabletop oven.

Recently they started offering a free continental breakfast of oatmeal, muffruit friut, granola bars and (good) coffee. This is a great value add, especially as their prices are so reasonable. The location is right nearrestaurantsruants, Meijers and a main freeway (without the sound of freeway traffic).

I expect to stay here till June 2013 and really believe you can't beat the value and service of this place!

Room Tip: There is an elevator, however I prefer the ground floor if you are staying for an extended period. I...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent posting. I want to start by thanking you for your continued business. We value you as our guest and greatly appreciate all of your feedback. I am so happy to hear you are pleased with the upgrades we have made to the hotel including our new Grab and Go breakfast. Thank you again for choosing our hotel in Novi.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have been staying off and on with this establishment (3 months on, 3 months off) ever since April of 2010, and have found it to be a very affordable place to live. As a college student / intern, the rates are quite good for the services provided. The rooms are kept clean, the furniture is comfortable, and the staff (Don, Izak, Andre, and all the rest of the wonderful group here) seem very committed to making sure that the stay is as comfortable as possible. Any maintenance requests filed are worked on promptly, often within the same day.

The only qualm I have has been the somewhat lackluster internet. Wi-Fi is mandatory here- there are no cable connections- and occasionally signal quality can be unstable. The speeds are also not the fastest (although I must admit I am used to an extremely fast university connection, so I might be biased in this regard).

In summary, I have been quite happy with my stay at Extended Stay over the past two years. The only thing bringing this review to 4 stars are my difficulties with the internet.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

I read your recent review and wanted to personally respond. First, I want to thank you for your ongoing business. We are so happy to have you staying with us. It's always rewarding to hear our guests share that our staff are prompt, helpful and courteous. Thank you for sharing that. I want to apologize for your issues with our wireless. We are looking at this across all of our hotels and specifically at hotels with a high volume of traffic. I appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Thank you again for your business.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I work as a travel nurse and I sometimes work in the area. I stayed at the Extended Stay in Novi for the first time. I can promise you that I will be back again and again. Izak at the front desk greeted me with a smile and did his best to accommodate me with whatever I needed. The room was clean and kept well. It was also nice and quiet and that is what I need when Im traveling for work. Izak also called the room to make sure that I was comfortable and that all my needs were met. I was very happy with my stay, and the staff.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy to hear you were comfortable and taken care of at our Extended Stay America on Haggerty Road. I appreciate you sharing your feedback. We look forward to having you back when you are next in the area!