TownePlace Suites by Marriott Detroit Novi
GardenInn.com
$119
$108
TripAdvisor
All reviewswe stayed in a two bedroomoutdoor pooltwo night stayclose to great restaurantsshoppingrefrigeratormallinterstaterepair
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Did not particularly like my stay here and it was definitely the worst Townplace I've stayed at. The rooms are very small, I travel with a lot of luggage and had quite a hard time finding a spot to put everything . By the time I did finally find a place for everything the room looked like something out of a scene in the tv show "Hoarders" with luggage covering ever single spot of available space.

Cleanliness was awful, this was officially the dirtiest Marriott property I have ever stayed at. I went through an entire container of Clorox wipes cleaning all the nasty surfaces, they were filthy. My bed also had some bodily hairs on the sheet and pillows. Also the smell was HORRENDOUS in the room, luckily I had 3 air fresheners from a previously stinky hotel and that helped but that first day was really awful. Smelled like a combo of sweaty feet , burnt food and old ladies perfume.

Internet was lousy, the connection was solid but it was incredibly slow, not even capable of streaming video. Also only wired connection NO wireless. The walls were paper thin, we had a couple next to us who were noisy and stayed up till 4am partying, blasting the TV and having loud "relations" luckily the fan from the AC/Heating unit was able to drown out some of the noise.

The hotel is made up of 2 separate, three floor buildings yet has just one tiny, dirty laundry room. I think there were only like 3 washers and one of them was broken. We didn't even bother trying to wash anything since they were always in use.

The bed was OK, seemed like a foam mattress which I don't really care for but was decent enough. TV was a nice large flat panel with a good selection of channels. Parking stunk, the lot was always full, seems to be a very busy hotel, often sold out particularly on the weekends.

Overall this is just a 2.5 star hotel, a little below average but not completely poor either. I would not return to this hotel, the location is good but just isn't worth the price.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Very friendly, helpful staff who couldn't do enough to make our three week stay as enjoyable as possible. Very clean rooms, decent sized outdoor and indoor pool and easy help yourself breakfast. Would definitely recommend this place, especially if travelling with small kids like us. The two bedroom suite was ideal.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2010

We went to a family gathering in the Novi area.
Choose hotel due to proximity of the family who live there.
Hotel staff are very friendly.
Rooms are clean.
We only stayed there to sleep & shower.
Well, one day we did watch TV which could have ended up in a disaster.
What happenend? Well, the TV started to smoke!
The good thing was we were still inside so we could unplug the cable and open the windows ... oh what a smell!

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2010

Its a typical Towneplace suitesof Mariott. Rooms were found to be decent enough with all basic amenities like Refrigerator, Gas, Microwave,cutlery etc. Breakfast is take away type only where limited varieties are there just one type of fruits and nutri bars. Bad aspect of these towneplace is it used to have complete cleaning only once a week. In all cost-effective stay with nice location in clean peaceful environment.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2010

I will never stay at this hotel property again. They have a very shady business practice of miscellaneous room charges for incidentals. While I've experience holds for one night on a credit/debit, I have never heard of a hold for 2 nights. I could've just booked a room on Expedia or Hotwire if I wanted to pay in advance for a 2 night stay. Its now almost a week since my stay and there are still pending charges.

Also, the continental breakfast items are old and stale... the packaging does not show expiration dates either.

Be sure you know what you're getting into before taking your room key. This property does not represent typical Marriott quality. I will never recommend this hotel to friends, family or business associates.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family