“Always satisfied”

Athenian Coney Island
Ranked #23 of 197 Restaurants in Novi
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I've been eating here with my family for over ten years and have always had great, friendly service and food at reasonable prices. The menu is "upscale coney" and has a wide variety to choose from. I enjoy the salads and soups especially, but have tried everything from omelets to kebabs and never had a bad meal. It's about the cleanest restaurant I've ever frequented and the bathrooms are more what you'd expect from a 5 star restaurant. Never had a neglectful waitress in ten years and the food comes out quickly. The owners have hospitality down to a science and we keep coming back because we know we'll be pleased.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Love Athenians! Used to come here all the time when I lived here in the 90s - its gotten better! Great decor, fast friendly staff and reasonably priced. My go to place to start the day w a fast, hearty meal.

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

This is by far the best coney restaurant in Novi. The food is always fresh and tasty. The updated decor is modern yet warm. The wait staff are always friendly and efficient. Have never had a bad experience and we go here frequently. Recommend the salads and breakfasts although everything else we've tried has also always been very good.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I don't have a problem with the food - though it's a bit overpriced - or the wait service. My problem relates to their greedy policy.
I was a regular customer, used to eat there for lunch (alone) a couple of times a week, and with my family about once a month.
Today, I went into the restaurant after one, and all the seats were full. The owner told me, "just a couple of seconds", and I waited for a table. I knew it was not their policy to seat singles at booths when other, smaller tables were available (even when multiple booths were open). However, today, after waiting 5 minutes, a booth opened up. Almost simultaneously, a couple walked in the restaurant. The owner walked up, ignored me, and walked the just-arrived couple to the table.
Just to clarify - this was not a huge, 6-seater booth, but a small booth. Also, any of the "single" tables where I've been put before would have accomodated 2 people. This was near the end of the lunch rush, many additional tables should have been opening up shortly. Finally, the owner knew me, and knew I ate at the restaurant frequently.
When I protested, he said, "Sorry, the policy is on the door."

3  Thank OliviaF101
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This place is tucked out of the way so you can easily miss it, the entrance is a bit strange but once you enter it is very nice. Plenty of young wait staff eager to help you. Even though the place is not very big it feels spacious inside. You can see the cook preparing your food, and everything in the kitchen is spotless. Even while he was waiting for an order, he was cleaning. The food is delivered quickly and the portions are huge, and delicious. Our server came over several times to fill up our drinks and check that we were doing okay. The bathrooms are amazing and so clean, you have to check them out. Plenty of seating outside also. I would go back here any time for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Been to Athenian Coney Island? Share your experiences!