“Locals Choice and Still the Best!”

Athenian Coney Island
Ranked #16 of 192 Restaurants in Novi
Cuisines: American, Greek, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Denver, Colorado
“Locals Choice and Still the Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Love Athenians! Used to come here all the time when I lived here in the 90s - its gotten better! Great decor, fast friendly staff and reasonably priced. My go to place to start the day w a fast, hearty meal.

Detroit
“Love this Place--great food; fast and friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

This is by far the best coney restaurant in Novi. The food is always fresh and tasty. The updated decor is modern yet warm. The wait staff are always friendly and efficient. Have never had a bad experience and we go here frequently. Recommend the salads and breakfasts although everything else we've tried has also always been very good.

Northville, Michigan
“Greedy ownership. Overpriced, but decent, food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I don't have a problem with the food - though it's a bit overpriced - or the wait service. My problem relates to their greedy policy.
I was a regular customer, used to eat there for lunch (alone) a couple of times a week, and with my family about once a month.
Today, I went into the restaurant after one, and all the seats were full. The owner told me, "just a couple of seconds", and I waited for a table. I knew it was not their policy to seat singles at booths when other, smaller tables were available (even when multiple booths were open). However, today, after waiting 5 minutes, a booth opened up. Almost simultaneously, a couple walked in the restaurant. The owner walked up, ignored me, and walked the just-arrived couple to the table.
Just to clarify - this was not a huge, 6-seater booth, but a small booth. Also, any of the "single" tables where I've been put before would have accomodated 2 people. This was near the end of the lunch rush, many additional tables should have been opening up shortly. Finally, the owner knew me, and knew I ate at the restaurant frequently.
When I protested, he said, "Sorry, the policy is on the door."

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank OliviaF101
detroit
“CLEAN WITH GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This place is tucked out of the way so you can easily miss it, the entrance is a bit strange but once you enter it is very nice. Plenty of young wait staff eager to help you. Even though the place is not very big it feels spacious inside. You can see the cook preparing your food, and everything in the kitchen is spotless. Even while he was waiting for an order, he was cleaning. The food is delivered quickly and the portions are huge, and delicious. Our server came over several times to fill up our drinks and check that we were doing okay. The bathrooms are amazing and so clean, you have to check them out. Plenty of seating outside also. I would go back here any time for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

• Visited October 2013
Toledo, Ohio
“Quick, delicious food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Just ate there today and it was super! I had the original gyro, french fries and a mini greek salad. The salad was the best I have ever ever had! It was HUGE for one thing and loaded with feta cheese and their in house made dressing! I bought an extra mini greek salad to go! The service was great, the wait staff attentive, quickly refilling soda glasses and checking that everything was okay. If I didn't live over an hour from there The Athenian would become my restaurant of choice on a weekly basis!

• Visited July 2013

Been to Athenian Coney Island? Share your experiences!