“Unique dining experience for special occasions”
Review of Melting Pot - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Melting Pot
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I have eaten here several times. Although the prices can look pretty steep, there usually are specials going on or combo meals to get better deals. The service has been so-so. One time the waiter was very slow and unresponsive, while another time we had a very quick and polite waitress. The fondue experience can be enjoyable, but make sure you have a lot of time, as dinner can take 2-3 hours. The tables are pretty secluded so it is a good option for date night.

2  Thank Ecogirl06

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I've been to several fondue restaurants in Michigan and elsewhere and feel this meets general expectations. However, just getting cheese, chocolate, and drinks left us a little under impressed during our weekday experience once we got the bill. The music was a bit loud given how slow they were and the service also a bit slow which wasn't a problem since I was catching up with a friend. The cheese fondue was good but the veggies for the dip weren't as fresh as I'd expect but the turtle chocolate was amazing including the nice variety of strawberries, marshmallows , and cakes to dip. Maybe coming up with a more reasonably priced weekday meal package for folks who don't want the Big Night Out special meals might make me consider returning during the week. Otherwise, see you once a year on a birthday or anniversary...

1  Thank Llamamamas
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Seems like a neat place to go. The food was average but priced a little steep. Service was average. When you have girls waiting on tables and conversing with each other, it takes away from the experience.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is all about the experience. The food isn't so hot and is way expensive. My advice is to get a pot of the cheese and do dessert. The entrees aren't worth it thought my Caesar was pretty good. They changed their pricing to per person. So me, my husband and two young kids got 4 "servings" of chocolate in two pots and it was 35 bucks. The tray of treats seemed of a lower quality than what I remember. The strawberries weren't ripe and that's the best part.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Where do I start? My husband and I made a 6:00 reservation in which when we got there had to then wait 2o minutes when there were only two tables sat in the entire restaurant. The Pot in which you cook your food in was dirty and the restaurant was miserable cold. The manager did stop by to tell us that someone was coming out the next day to fix the heating. Our waiter was young and nice but wasn't knowledgeable on the menu. I felt for $115 dollars should of received more food and better service. I will not be going back any time soon. I was very disappointed.