“Awesome one night experience”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Detroit - Novi
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Staff were all so kind and helpful to anything that was asked. The cookie at check in was a very nice touch. Room were clean and in great condition. A super supply of all toilietires and towels. Just an overall great experience. They provided me printed directions to my meeting destination and then also handed me a business card and asked me to call if I needed anything further. Customer service was amazing.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Keith A, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Detroit - Novi, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you very much for the Excellent comments about our hotel and service. We look forward to you staying with us again the next time in the area. If there is anything else that we can do for you, please let us know.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Detroit - Novi

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Convenient location to my meetings. Hotel was freshly remoled and looked very nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful wh any requests. We used the shuttle service to and from dinner. Definately would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Clean, nice rooms and good value. Easy access to highways and local mall. Staff was good on providing directions. Breakfast was a bit pricey and for some reason not included with our room. I would recommend this hotel as it was quiet, clean and convenient.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Stephanie G, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Detroit - Novi, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed here for a conference – hotel was okay, nothing special. The room was hot, hard to get cool - and the heater/air conditioner was loud.

In a good area – several restaurants and shopping close to the hotel.

I would not recommend this for a conference – the staff was not helpful. The conference room was small and warm. They would not allow us to have dinner outside our conference room because they did not have room for our group in the restaurant area (which is basically the lobby). However the area was empty all evening.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here. My apologies we were not able to accommodate your group in our restaurant area. I'm not sure how many people were in your group but we do need to make sure there is availability for our hotel guests to use the restaurant as well.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

There were not many guests when I stayed her, maybe because it was in the peak of winter and there are a lot of other hotels in the area. In any case, it more tham suited my needs. Spacious, warm room, close to th emall & many restaurants, as well as the family I was visiting.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Excellent customer service, comfortable bed, clean rooms, clean linens, clean towels, seems to be bed bug free. Cleanliness of hotels is something questionable these days but this place seems to do well in this department. This was great for a solo experience when looking to get away from it all.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I'm glad to hear everything was excellent for you. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Power went out intermittently due to storm (which is understandable, but this was the only hotel in the area without power - other hotels had generators). Power was out from around 11 pm through mid-day the following day. Hotel supplied flashlight (which promptly went dead). Hotel staff member stated they would comp the 2 day charge 50 % off due to inconvenience, yet didn't ask for my name to ensure it was followed through with. When following up with another hotel staff member later the same day, was informed because I booked through Orbitz, there was nothing they could do and that I would have to go through Orbitz for the refund because they didn't have my credit card information on file (although they did, seeing as how they swiped it when I first got there!) No additional options were given to make up for the fact they were apparently not able to deliver on their promise to provide a 50% discount because they didnt' have power, such as a comped room in the future, etc. I was told there was nothing they could do.

Not only did they NOT deliver on the promise to discount the room 50%, but they actually still charged me $51.40 even AFTER Orbitz had charged me the $197 for the 2 days! Obviously, they figured out how to get access to my credit card, right!? Unbelievable!!!

Had dinner there in their lobby. I call it that, because there is no separate restaurant area to eat at. There are basically just tables set up in the lobby area under hideous flourescent lights. The waitress was carrying on personal conversations with other hotel members while we were waiting to be helped. The food was very mediocre. My friend and I both ordered taco salads, and the chicken on it was not fresh, but appeared to be pre-packaged and re-heated.

There was no breakfast bar at the hotel, despite what some of the reviews online state.

Compared to other Doubletree hotels I have seen, this particular hotel (located in a more affluent area), was not up to par in comparison. The staff were okay, but were unable to deliver on their promise to make things right. There should be a separate restaurant

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Marie C
Stephanie G, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Detroit - Novi, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I understand that your stay with us was not all that you expected and for that I am truly sorry. I apologize that there were some additional charges that you did not expect. I can assure you that we never want to intentionally mislead our guests in any way and I sincerely apologize if the charges were not clear. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel that they are getting a good value.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience you went through and would be more than happy to discuss this further with you. Your satisfaction is our main concern and I make myself available for any questions you should have.