“Great! Loved my private balcony into an inner courtyard. Incredible lobby with Koi pond.”
Review of Novi Oaks Hotel

Novi Oaks Hotel
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Novi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel has one of the coolest lobbies I've seen. The atrium is well-appointed with furniture, the pool/spa, a Koi pond, and at night, the manager's reception for drinks/snacks. I asked for a quiet room on an upper floor and received a great room with a private balcony which overlooked an inner courtyard, greatly reducing any road noise from the nearby highway. Thanks!

The manager's reception was good for an evening cocktail amongst other guests, and the full bar in the Novi Chop House (the restaurant in the hotel) is nice, too. I didn't eat at the Chop House, but I heard it was great. There were plenty of dining options in the Twelve Mile Crossing at Fountain Walk (walking distance -- connected by parking lot to the hotel). I didn't use the spa, so I did not rate it.

Room Tip: Ask for the inner courtyard balcony rooms. They are very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Had a recent one day stay at this hotel for a business trip. I chose the hotel due to its location and very easy access to highway, and it is also a short drive from the airport.

First impression was great, even though I showed up very early in the morning I was given a room and the staff was very welcoming. The hotel itself seems well maintained and the pool in the central courtyard was interesting. There was a birthday party in the afternoon, but I took advantage of the hot tub in the evening and it was fine.

My room was a bit small and only had room for a lounge chair and workdesk. There was a some sort of cabinet in the room which looked as it if house a small refrigerator at some point, but now it is empty and held extra linens. the door did not close properly on it and would be best if it was removed to make the room feel a bit more open. I felt that the pillows were a bit stiff and even though there were four on the bed, they all felt the same. The bathroom was very tight and did not have a tub which was fine for me, but others may not like it.

I had great service and very helpful staff in the deli and only had dessert in the main restaurant, but even there the staff was very helpful and friendly.

Overall the hotel was a great value and the couple of minor issues mentioned above were greatly outpaced by the staff and price paid. I will return when in the area and would recommend to others as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Am a semi Regular in the area and I always get treated excellent at this hotel. The value is great as well... Very nice environment with piano in the evening, 2 pools and and an attractive koi pond surrounding the indoor pool...also good overall amenities.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms with balcony are very nice for a local hotel. Indoor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Susan S, General Manager at Novi Oaks Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review and feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Novi. It is always a joy to read good comments about our staff and services. We truly appreciate your comments and will share them with the rest of the staff. We look forward to your next visit.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I choose this hotel because it looked like it was relatively close to Detroit and was good match for the price--I was mistaken. It was not a bad drive to Detroit (ave. 30 minutes) so that was nice, but the hotel was below expectations. My room was good size, but it seemed like it was the only room without a balcony and there was a gaping whole in the cabinet where a fridge used to be. The HUGE issue I had with this hotel is that the toilet ran all night. Every 5 minutes it, very loudly, would run a 45 seconds cycle or water. I am a very light sleeper was this resulted in me being woken up every five minutes or so both nights we stayed there. The indoor pool was filled to the brim with screaming kids, the hot tub was cold--not even in the neighborhood of luke warm--just cold, and the outdoor pool was quite chilly as well with no towels on the chairs and you weren't allowed to order room service to the outdoor pool....The whole experience lacked the "comforts" that you hope for when staying at an IHG property. The one shining review I will give is of the on-site restaurant. The food, customer service, and timeliness were all great!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony and a room off of the lobby (as the screaming kids at the pool can be easily heard...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BerraBorro,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Novi. We value your feedback and use it as an opportunity to improve our hotel and the services that we offer. I apologize for the inconvenience to your sleep resulting from the toilet running all night. It is disappointing that you had to experience this in order for us to know about the problem. Again thank you so much for bringing it to our attention. We are taking steps to ensure this does not happen again to any of our valued guests. Please give us another try, it would be our pleasure to have you as our guest again in the future.
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I went to Novi,MI to attend the wedding of my cousin. This was a very special event for us as my family had not been all together for quite some time. The hotel staff went above and beyond to makethis event special. I have special needs. The staff accomodated my needs with a smile. The rooms were very comfortable. The room where the reception was held, absolutly beautiful. The food was fabulous. I cannot drink alcohol. The bar tender at the reception cocktail hour came up with a very tasty drink for me, not the usual glass of juice or soda pop. I enjoyed my stay immensly and accually was able rest between events. I felt that I got a great value for my money. I will stay here again when I come to visit my family in the area. It is a great place to have your event, whatever that my be.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
There are no two words that are more musical to a General Manager's ears than "above and beyond"!!! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Novi. It is truly a pleasure to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations during your stay. I will share your comments with the staff and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you and your guest again when in the Novi area!!!
new york
Reviewed September 9, 2013

arrived at hotel at 1:30PM or so on a labor day weekend after shopping at mall so baby can take a nap. the front desk told us the regular check in time is at 3PM and she was being so nice to waive the $20 early check in fee and let us check in...REALLY??? we traveled a lot and hold top tier status at several hotel chains and never heard this kind of ridiculous words at a 70% empty hotel...
OK, the next best part is since we are plat members, front desk gave us breakfast coupons...which was nice, only until we found out the breakfast was CLOSED next morning...!!!
The good part was since it was very empty hotel, the pool is empty as well, good for the kids.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
LBurchCpNovi, General Manager at Novi Oaks Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Your experience is very important to us and without this feedback we would not be able to improve our services. We apologize and regret any inconvenience that the restaurant closure may have caused you. You are correct these are training issues that will be addressed immediately. We hope you will choose to stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel again when you are in the Novi area.
Dundee, Michigan
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We only slept there.
Nice clean room.
Very nice pillows.
Quiet overall
Bathroom is small for 2 people.
Would be nice if they had a continental breakfast.
Over all a nice place.
Would stay there again.
We booked through hotels.com

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Novi! Your positive comments will be shared with the entire staff of the hotel.! Please let us know when you are in town again!