“great place to stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Novi, Michigan
“great place to stay”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I travel for work every other week and have stayed at the crowne plaza in novi several times.
The reason I keep coming back is the overall atmosphere. The courtyard is awesome in the summer and the inside atrium is huge. The staff is always courteous and helpful and always has a smile on their face. A great place to stay.

Jeff K.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank jeff k

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
London, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2011

After looking over the reviews I was a bit worried staying at this hotel that I got on hotwire, but I was very satisfied with my stay. The rooms were clean and quiet and the beds were very comfortable. When I asked for a late check out of 12 the front desk staff said he would make it until 1 pm instead. Didn't use the pool, but went dow to have a look at it and it was very clean.
Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tourguiderich
Appleton, WI
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Just back from a quick 1 night business trip stay. The vendor we are looking at for a relationship picked the hotel solely on the in-house chop shop restaurant (see other review) and proximity to the vendor’s office. The Chop Shop is the only thing going for this worn out looking place. My colleague and I commented how we both thought it was a dump. The elevators were all finger printed up, the hall ways carpet worn and stained, looked like an old Embassy Suites at one time.

The first room I was given had a weird odor in it and I know it was a nonsmoking hotel but I am very sensitive to smoke and thought I smelled something off. I was in the room like 15 min and couldn’t take the damp smells and saw mold in the air conditioner unit so I went back to front desk requesting a new room. The staff was really apologetic about it and got me my second room right away. So I lugged my stuff down to this room and punched in only to find out that it was someone else’s room with a suitcase on the bed. Glad I didn’t surprise anyone and just walked out and went back to the desk to explain the error. They were embarrassed of course but the young HS looking front desk staff didn’t have a clue how this happened nor could they find any info about the “mystery guest” in that 2nd room.

I finally got a 3rd room on the 3rd floor (only have 3 floors total) and it was okay. The carpets looked worn and you could see several large stains like the hallway I mentioned above, the bathroom was the thing in best shape and clean but it just wasn’t a very comfortable bed and the fan was running all night on the AC unit despite me changing the setting on the thermostat numerous times. Didn’t sleep well and the wake-up call they next morning was 10 min late I was already awake from the tossing and turning all night.

If this were my money I spent I would be a lot more upset about the level of accommodations and stay. I have since told the vendor to take a pass on bringing others to this location and will make sure we go to another place like the Sheraton down the road when in town for business.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Brazoo
Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Spent a week in Novi in this hotel because this was the host hotel for the convention we attended. The hotel as I was told was newly renovated. The weather during the time we went was in the high 90's -100 degrees. The lobby was hot and the hallways going up to the rooms were hotter. This is a nonsmoking hotel but the first room we were offered smelled of smoke. They gave us a new room without any problem. The rooms were nice and comfortable. The rooms were clean but we came back to the hotel after a long day, and planned to take a shower the towels would not be replaced. One day I went in the bathroom to take a shower and there were no towels -just a bath mat. Another night when we were going to bed they took our pillows. We would call housekeeping almost everyday for towels but they brought them up right away. If I stayed in Novi again I would probably look for other accommodations

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We reserved a block of rooms for our daughter's wedding and our guests were pleased with their rooms. Additionally, the rehearsal dinner and a brunch were held in the ballrooms. The food was excellent. Most importantly was the customer service. Christie in sales kept in contact with us by email or by promptly returning our calls. The front desk clerks were also courteous. We highly recommend this hotel whether you are planning an event or just a trip to the Detroit area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Thought it was going to be nicer than what it was. Room was clean. Bathroom could not have been any smaller with no hold bars in tub.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Wi-Fi quick & dependable. Hotel is conservation focused. Service is great. But bed linens, pillows & towels are of a very poor quality. Dresser was damaged.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family