“Clean, great staff but room needs attention to detail.”
Review of Novi Oaks Hotel

Novi Oaks Hotel
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Novi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Wi-Fi quick & dependable. Hotel is conservation focused. Service is great. But bed linens, pillows & towels are of a very poor quality. Dresser was damaged.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Novi Oaks Hotel

Reviewed May 5, 2011

Overall for a Crowne Plaza and with normal prices of Crowne Plaza I would be seriously disappointed, but for the rate that I got on Hotwire I was OK. I would not recommend the hotel as it is kind of old and it shows. The room looked nice from a distance, but once inside we could see how cheap everything was. I didn't feel like the room was really clean and would not stay there again. Here is my list of pros and cons:

Pros: Convenient access to shopping, freeways, dining. Staff was friendly enough, but nothing to rave about, there are plenty of amenities including pool, hot tub, fitness area, restaurant on property, etc., it was nice to control the air/heat from a normal thermostat

Cons: Appeared nicer than it really is, furniture is cheaply made, pillows are completely unusable for sleep as they are too fluffy and almost feel as though they have been washed too many times, lobby area is loud at all times of day/evening, sheets were supposed to be something special, but my sheets at home are softer than these and I got mine from Walmart, bathroom is nice, but shower floor was not clean - felt slimy (I wore my flip flops in the shower), dirty washcloth which made me wonder if anything else was clean, prices on room service and restaurant menu are high (to be expected), TV was ridiculously small and is still the old style (for a Crowne Plaza you expect at least a flat screen), internet access was horrible, it was offline more than on, and even though we were a stay-over housekeeping walked in without knocking.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel as there are so many others in the area. I will definitely not be staying there again. I did not notify the front desk about any of my issues as I was paying such a low rate. Would they have done anything if I told them? Probably, but I did check out a day early and no one asked why...

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2010

Great Staff. Could have been in a better location for where my meeting was but not hotels fault. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2010

This hotel is so horrible. When you first walk in you smell chlorine and that’s because the pool is right in the middle of the hotel for everyone to see. It’s really weird. Besides that, the only good thing about the hotel is the free wi-fi and there is restaurants and shopping right there. The Chop House is just o.k. and it claims to be one of the best steak places but it’s not. This hotel is outdated, smelly and just straight out horrible. It’s more like a motel. I am not going to sit here and keep downing the hotel but all I can say is DON’T STAY THERE AND EWWW!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank KD8
Reviewed July 11, 2010

I had made reservations for the crownes two room jacuzzi suite to celebrate my husbands birthday. On arrival, that room was no longer available. Not only did they give our room away but they tried to pass off a standard room in its place.
We had driven an hour and a half for a romantic evening only to turn around and drive a hour and a half back. HAPPY BIRTHDAY indeed =-(

After going through two different channels for an explanation, we have yet to hear from anyone. Our reservations were made in March and it is now July.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank clsicsteif
Susan S, Manager at Novi Oaks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

Thank you for your concern regarding your last stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Novi. We strive to provide you with the best possible service, and when you feel that it fails to meet your expectations, it’s important for us to know.
We’re sorry that you received service that prompted your complaint, and we regret any inconvenience or frustration that your experience has caused you. To ensure that our staff conducts itself in a manner that reflects the high regard that we have for our customers, we’ve notified the proper departments of your concern.
Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you’ll continue to give us opportunities to serve you.
Thank you again for bringing these matters to our attention.
Susan Sereno, Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 26, 2010

We paid our bill in cash when we left and they charged our credit card 6 hours later and refuse to refund our credit card even with the paid cash reciept we have.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MichiganJayJay
Reviewed October 15, 2009

We (husband, father-in-law, and I) went to Detroit for a wedding, and a good part of the third floor was blocked off for our wedding party. The rooms are nice and roomy, there is a clip for the curtains to block out the light, and they also give you an eye pillow, ear plugs, and lavendar spray to help you get to sleep and stay asleep. The beds are very comfy with loads of pillows. Free computer access, coffee in the room, and the usual bathroom amenities were available. Breakfast was a buffet of eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, bread, bagels, cereal, french toast, coffee, orange juice. The front desk employees are just OK. The wedding and reception were held at the hotel, and the food was spectacular - choice of chicken, steak, and vegetarian. The steak was so yummy! There is a small pool and hot tub right in the lobby, and a small exercise room with treadmill, stepper, and weights. Also, there is a two level mall across the street that is easy to walk to and get around.

• Stayed: October 2009