“perfect for zen time”

Sheraton Detroit Novi
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Reviewed July 13, 2010

if you need quite time to relax...this is the place. Zen decor with soft confortable beds...zzzzzz

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 13, 2010

Responsive staff, nice facility. Upgrade through Starwood appreciated. Good breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2010

My husband and I had our wedding at the Novi Sheraton in May 2010. We had a lot of out of town guest so we knew we wanted to have it at a hotel. It is also a quick drive from Metro airport. I was a very demanding bride, and they complied with my every wish, in addition to helping me keep my sanity!

Shaina (our sales person ) was wonderful to us. When we first inquired about having the wedding there, the taxes and surcharges were included in the prices we were given. They offered an all inclusive wedding package, that made it easy for me to stick within my budget.

We arrived early on Friday. My bridesmaids and I were able to check into the bridal suite around 1 pm. They allowed us to use the St. Claire Room for our rehearsal, at no charge, even though our rehearsal dinner was at another place.

The day of the wedding they set up everything, except for a few things other vendors had brought in and a few things I asked my family to take care of. When it came time for cocktail hour, they set up food for my husband and me to eat in the boardroom. (Our Yichud was no charge extra.) That way while everyone else was eating dinner, we could make our rounds to say hello to everyone.

The food and drinks were AMAZING! We got so many compliments! The reception ended at 1 am, but our friends still wanted to party. After they got kicked out of the ballroom, they went to their rooms. Naturally, at a wedding, people are going to get a little loud. Security came up and brought everyone down to the second floor where all the boardrooms are. (No guest rooms) That way the "after party" could continue and no guest trying to sleep would be disturbed. This was another thing they didn't charge us extra for.
The next morning we had a Sunday Brunch in the Da Vinci Room. Once again the food and service was AMAZING, and the room ALSO was no extra charge.

The rooms were comfortable and very clean. Room service attendants were very friendly. None of our guests had any trouble with noise. Plus, the room rate they gave us was very reasonable. The outdoor patio was great for pictures! It would of been nice to have our wedding ceremony outside, but there were too many wedding guest, it would of been a bit cramped.

I don't know where to begin to thank the staff for making my day so special! My husband is a Platinum SPG member and we are both pretty picky travelers. Some people on this site are just too critical and need to let things go. This hotel was PERFECT!

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed May 15, 2010

I stayed at this Hotel in May 2010 for Business, the location is very good, close to entertainment, shopping, restaurants and also major highways. The lobby is nice, hotel hotel restaurant is also very good (I had breakfast and dinner there 3 times). I stayed on the 7th floor which is the "Club Level" floor. The Sheraton Club is small compared to other ones I've been to, food during is also sub-standard (breakfast did not have oatmeal or scrambled eggs), I ended up going down to the restaurant and having breakfast there that offered a full buffet.
Room is comfortable, found some dust in some of the furniture, but not a big deal, the biggest complaint is that the walls are very thin and you could hear EVERYTHING happening in the adjacent rooms...not nice if you're trying to get a good night sleep. Other than that, the hotel is very good, I would probably stay here again but would ask for another room if possible.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2010

The service at the Front Desk and the hospitality from all the employees was outsanding. The Sheraton in Novi is an excellent location, close to major points of interests excellent restaurants and a great location to entertain customers/clients. Leah Blaszczak and her front office staff were fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2009

I stayed here with my wife and kids to celebrate special occasion. This hotel was clean and the staff we polite and helpful. We did not get the room that we expected however our stay was pleasant one. The Kids liked the pool. The hotel location is convenient.
Nice restaurant and the breakfast was great and the omelet was perfect. I would like to add that the hotel management do appreciate the customers feedback feedback.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2009

We very much liked this hotel, which is convenient for anything from East Lansing to Ann Arbor. While the area isn't exactly exciting, the hotel has good food, a nice bar, pool and fitness center, and comfortable rooms, especially for the price. We had no complaints, liked the staff, and will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family