“Recently Updated”

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Muskegon, Michigan
“Recently Updated”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Come to this hotel with low expectations and you'll be happy. Breakfast buffet had eggs made from powder decent bacon sausage waffles the usual fare cost is 12 bucks. The Starbucks kiosk is never open so if you need to leave by six or 7 AM forget it the next Starbucks and down the road in the mall area. Copy service breakfast was Folgers at best and good luck finding cream. It has been recently remodeled so the linens towels and everything are fresh. Don't try to use your SPG points and a paid night flips the staff out. If
you need a refrigerator stay on them I'm pretty sure they only have one. Garden area is nice after a long day of angry Detroit drivers. Pool and spa area use at own risk Spa was brown pool over chlorinated bring your own test strips or risk a fungal infection. Did I mention this place is great for a dark quiet comfortable sleep? Seriously do like the business travellers come in late and leave early you'll love it!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank iwearblack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Novi/ Livonia has many options for travel. The Sheraton is a nice change of pace. It will cost a little more (no free wifi/ breakfast) but they will make it up to you in room size and gracious front desk.
Parking is a little annoying (mostly on the sides) and the elevators are very slow.
Comfy beds with ample pillows and consistent climate control.

Stayed July 2014
Novi S, Manager at Sheraton Detroit Novi, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Regionalcoach,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel. Your Sheraton Family certainly understands that you have many options when staying in the Novi area and we truly appreciate that you chose to share your time with us. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back again very soon!

Warmest Regards,
Naples, Florida
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is an excellent hotel; luxurious with a very modern decor, well maintained, and sparkling clean. I was tempted to give them the coveted 5 star rating, but I've chosen to reserve that for only the most spectacular hotels. Likewise, I'll reserve the single star for only the worst hotels. The staff here is mostly congenial and helpful, especially the front desk personnel (Thomas went out of his way to assist us in ordering Chinese food from a local restaurant). Unfortunately, the restaurant staff wasn't quite as accommodating. One of the waitresses prevented a guest from accessing the lunch buffet, even though there was plenty of hot food available, only a few minutes after the posted lunch hour. Several guests who witnessed this were disappointed in her attitude, especially since the staff had not yet even begun to put the food away. Similarly, the bartender gave me a hard time when I asked to borrow a menu to take to my friends near the ballroom (where we were working) so that we could order dinner. After some persuasion, he finally relented. But, that's one of the reasons we opted to order Chinese take-out instead of the food from the restaurant. In spite of these indiscretions, the hotel is so nice that I would probably have given it a 4 1/2 star rating if such was available.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Novi S, Manager at Sheraton Detroit Novi, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear JEddleman,

Thank you for sharing so many great things about your stay as well as some opportunities for us to improve. I assure you that I will pass on your kind words to Thomas and the rest of the team. While I am pleased that you enjoyed a great deal about your stay, I am disappointed that your experience in our restaurant and lounge did not exceed your expectations. We will certainly be taking your feedback to heart and address it accordingly. We look forward to the opportunity to take care of you the next time you are in the Novi area.

Warm Regards,
PITTSBURGH,PA
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I reviewed this Sheraton 2 years ago and they have improved from good to very good .
Club Room is being handled far more professionally and whomever was working in the club room was an excellent ambassador for the hotel as they were VERY pleasant and kept the breakfast and snack areas well stocked. Front desk check in was fine. The hotel does have a snack and sundry area next to check in which I have found quite helpful on many trips. The TIP for today, look for promotions and discounts. One that might be very attractive if you are older is , pay full rack rate first night and get addtional 2 nights rate based on your BIRTH year..Works for the Club floor rates too(free wifi on club floor)...only one "be aware", toilets in room are the very small Cadet size(not very comfortable and not at the "new" comfort height). All else in room was fine and beds are very comfy. Would return.

Room Tip: look for promotional deals
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear pghsteve,

Thank you for the great rating and detailed feedback regarding your time with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed the recent improvements to the hotel. It has been a pleasure for us to provide our guests with a rejuvenated experience as a result of the recent multimillion-dollar renovation. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team and make sure that our morning club concierge knows how much you appreciated their service.

Warmest Regards,
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights a few weeks back while visiting Novi for business. The room was clean and spacious and the beds were comfortable. I also liked that there were 2 pillow options to choose from on the bed....one a little more firm and the other more soft.

I didn't use the gym or pool but both of them looked very nice.

I did dine in the restaurant for breakfast each morning and lunch once. The breakfast buffet was o.k. Not much of a selection but decent enough. The American Breakfast platter had all the fixings.....eggs, choice of meat, potatoes, toast.

The staff were all very friendly starting with the front desk staff who completed the check in process very quickly. Even the housekeeping staff made a point to say hello and good morning.

Overall it was a great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ballerinagirl416
Chicago
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I got this hotel for a very good price on Priceline. They are having some finishing touches on a recent renovation, but for the most part, it was an extremely nice hotel. The room was very clean and the staff was helpful, including the lobby bar staff. It was within a 10 minute drive to the Suburban Collection Showcase, which is where my conferene was being held. The only issue I had was the temperature in my room would not get to what I set it to, it was always quite warm.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Novi S, Manager at Sheraton Detroit Novi, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the many recent updates to our home away from home. So sorry that you had concerns with the temperature in your room and I do hope that you let one of our team members know so that we can work on correcting it. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Novi area.

Warm Regards,
Your Sheraton Family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I spend 4 nights at the hotel and found it to be very nice. The room was very nice, the 4th floor had recently been refurbished and was very nice. My only knock on the place was they had the coldest hallways I have ever seen. We did not try the restaurant/bar, pool, or gym but all look nice. I nice place to stay out on the Westside.

Room Tip: 4th Floor was just remodeled rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Novi
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi
Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson
Staybridge Suites - Novi
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Detroit - Novi
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Livonia/Novi

Been to Sheraton Detroit Novi? Share your experiences!