WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Sheraton Detroit Novi

Sheraton Detroit Novi
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Novi
Detroit, Michigan
“Thank you, Sheraton Novi for your wonderful hospitality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

For my three nephews' Christmas present, I planned an excursion to see "Elmo" at the Fox Theatre. Since they live over 2 hours away, I planned that we would stay overnight in a hotel near enough to Detroit so that we could get to the theatre the next day easily. The little guys range in age from 3 to 6---they're a handful. The staff couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful--assistance with the luggage, up to the room; the front desk person was very friendly and sweet to the boys. Our room was perfect---clean and ready (2 double beds). The indoor pool was fantastic---we used it that night and the next morning. We had breakfast in the restaurant, and the server was very friendly and understanding about 3 rambunctious little boys. Everyone worked hard to make this a great experience for my family----I am very grateful. I will definitely return again (sans nephews). The hotel was clean and beautiful, and everything was perfect. Thank you!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Korean first
Grandville, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

My experience with this hotel began at check-in when the young lady at the front desk told me that my husband had called to cancel the room and I did not have a room reserved. This is very troubling considering it was a group reservation for 13 rooms, with one point of contact - me! She was able to put me in a room with the rest of my group, so crisis averted, but that fact that she told such a lie - and for no apparent reason - gave me a very poor first impression of the hotel. That impression still lingers.

This was a 2-night stay and on our first morning, I hung the "Privacy Please" sign on the door. I was rooming with 2 11-year-old boys whose stuff was everywhere and I really didn't want anyone in the room. We returned to the hotel to find our towels refreshed, the beds made, and other housekeeping chores performed - and the "Privacy Please" sign still on the door. So much for privacy in this hotel!!

On a more positive note, it is a very nice and clean property. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean, and it was a very comfortable stay. Our hotel representative was very accommodating to our group and was very able to anticipate our group needs. One family in our group had to check out early due to a family emergency at home and the hotel was very accommodating.

Overall, the stay was good. In fact, my boys did not want to leave on Sunday. I just wish that the staff could have been more professional.

Room Tip: The king room with a sofa sleeper makes for tight quarters when the other bed is pulled out. And th...
1 Thank vanderbv
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed there one night on a Saturday, but found the floor we were initially assigned to too noisy due to kids running around. We called the front desk and the staff was nice enough to move us to a club floor. Unfortunately the elevator made so sharp beeping sound throughout the evening and night that we could not sleep well even though out room was not next to the elevator. Seems that something was wrong.

Room Tip: find a room far from the elevator
1 Thank Simon H
West Bloomfield, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Priceline gave this hotel 3.5 stars (the second highest in the area), so we gave it a shot when our house was being painted and the fumes over-whelmed us. As the previous poster stated, the hotel is in a great location, and that is where the positives end. The biggest problem with this hotel is the noise level. The walls must be extremely thin as we too could hear every conversation in the hall, all night long. A combination of boys' hockey teams, girls' gymnastic teams and a wedding in the banquet hall led to a sleep-less night, as people roamed the halls all night long (the rock hard beds, did not help matters either). As stated, we live in the area, so I don't have first hand knowledge of other hotels, but I would recommend choosing a different one, if I were looking in this area again.

Room Tip: Choose an end room, far from the elevators, as hall noise is a big problem with this establishment.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Rick M
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel while moving my daughter home from college. The location was great and it was easy to navigate from the hotel to her apartment. The hotel is a little worn and in need of some TLC, but it was clean and comfortable. Our only complaint was the level of noise you had from people walking down the halls to their rooms. We never heard any sounds from beside us or from above, but we could hear every conversation of anyone going up and down the hall all night long. We were unlucky in the fact that there were numerous high school hockey teams staying the night so we didn't get much sleep. Overall, I would recommend this hotel, just be very selective on the location of your room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Rooms are a bit tired although we were told refurbishment is in the plans. Hotel is considering adding suites which were told are not currently available. Rooms do seem to be a bit dark - they need more or brighter lamps. Club room service was very efficient as was front desk staff. Retaurant staff at breakfast were personable and efficient.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed on business for one night. Lobby is very nice, clean, and excellent customer service. Went I went to the room, I thought I just went back in time. Very gloomy, dark, and looked like hasnt been upgraded in over 15 years. Basic cleanliness, but its so old you just feel dirty. I would look to stay somewhere else until they upgrade the rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business