“Best choice in Novi”

Sheraton Detroit Novi
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel many times for work. I've booked rooms both through the Sheraton and on Priceline and every time I have received great service. The hotel is well located to restaurants and many of the office buildings in the Novi/Farmington area. The breakfast buffet is ok, but not overwhelming. Rooms on certain floors are much nicer then others. Make sure to get a room away from the elevator or stair case otherwise they are pretty loud.

Room Tip: Rooms on the starwood preferred guest floor are much nicer then the other floors. Rooms near the el...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Detroit Novi

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We had to call the front desk at 2:30 am due to barking dog. I would check to make sure no dogs near your room. Otherwise, a nice hotel and value.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James W
Reviewed July 5, 2012

As I travel extensively, about 40 weeks per year and over 25 years, I have seen my share of hotels. The thing that distinguishes them to me are the staff and their attitude. I am happy to "advise" that while the property could use an update or refreshing, the staff are top rate. Without hesitation they remember my name, my preferences, and are always accommodating to my requests. While on my current assignment in the Detroit area, I pass many other properties and am able to choose where I want. Because of the exceptional service and friendliness of the staff I choose the Novi Sheraton. Make sure you say hello to Suzanne one the excellent and friendly managers on site.
The rooms are exceptionally clean, prepped and the beds and linens are among the best I encounter. Overall a very consistent and comfortable place

Room Tip: All the rooms are good but I prefer to face the 275 interstate view. Also the club level lounge is e...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mfinohio
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We have stayed at this property on several occasions, so this review covers a composite view of our experiences there. The hotel, and staff, have taken very good care of us each time we have visited, and we are certain to return many times during future visits to the area.

The hotel is located in a northwest suburb of Detroit, right off a major highway (I-275) and close to many restaurants and shopping options. The property is very clean and the front desk staff is very nice and helpful. Special mention goes to Suzanne and Larry who helped me with a favor last time out.

As I am a Gold SPG member, they have been very good about offering upgrades to Club rooms and that is a welcome treat. The lobby area looks a little more contemporary than the rooms, which are a little dated (but nice) and the bar area seems to be a lively gathering spot in the evenings.

All in all, we really like this hotel very much and always look forward to visiting. There are more luxurious options out there with SPG, but for location, value, cleanliness and courteous service, it is hard to beat the Sheraton Novi.

Room Tip: Ask for a Club room if you qualify.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2012

In & Out one night and I had a great stay here. Room was on the second floor facing I-275 but I heard zero road noise. My room was gigantic and there had been some updating including superior beds and linens - not tired and weatherbeaten as other reviewers have stated. One big bonus was the gym - the hotel had an outside service come in recently and gut the facility and redo it and it's fantastic. I had dinner offsite - multiple options in the vacinity - and got some shopping done at the big box stores & Target in the area. When I returned, the bar was lively and service was great - they were very accomodating to me taking beverages from the bar back to my room. This hotel was not built last week - if you are looking for brand new, then stay somewhere else! But it's been kept up well and the roooms & facilities are fine. For the rate Hotwire charged, I felt I got excellent value and felt very safe and very comfortable here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank americanjim
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I booked 1 night stay on Saturday.

Pro:
Large flat screen tv is a plus.
Bed was firm and comfy with many layers of sheets and blankets.
Location is ideal for business travel, being only 25 minutes from DTW.

Con:
Very small pool, unheated.
Bathrooms are small, doors actually touching the toilet.
Pay for internet.

Result: I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank FatherofIssac
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This property has a nice exterior and plenty of parking on site. Nice lobby with wonderful business center and I especially enjoyed my time at the bar. I ate one dinner which was great and had the buffett breakfast every morning. I want to give the chef and server's at the restaurant 5 stars!
My room was a double on the 4th floor. The decor was 1970's and drab. Desk was big but old and the chair was lucky to hold up. Carpet has seen better days. No fridge. Did have enough outlets! Pillows too soft. AC worked well. My ironing board was bent and too low for a human to iron on. Towels were rough and thin. Only one bar of soap. Only enough coffee to make one cup of coffee.
Wireless worked well but only a limited amount of TV stations were received in the hotel. They need a bigger selection. No TNT during playoff season. Not in your room or at the bar!

Maid service was awful they forgot my room the first of my three nights and I was not impressed when they did clean on the second.
I would not stay again. I do recommend the restaurant though!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business