“Lovely hotel, no tub a disappointment.”

The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Madison, Virginia
“Lovely hotel, no tub a disappointment.”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

located on the edge of one of the larger malls in Novi, Michigan, the Renaissance is a very nice hotel catering mostly, I assume, to business people. Staff were friendly, accommodating and efficient.

The room was spacious, contained a refrigerator, which was a nice touch,
and the beds and fainting couch were comfy. Some of the towels were a little bit thin, but generally OK.

The biggest disappointment for me, however, was the lack of a bathtub. After a long drive, I would have liked a long soak.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Hartland, mi
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here and loved the experience. The rooms are terrific and the Toasted Oak is great for dinner though can be a bit pricey. Highly recommended for both personal and business travel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brandon W
Harrison Township, Michigan
Reviewed October 1, 2013

When entering the Baronette I was warmly greeted by Alexis at her counter. The
check in was quick but not rushed. I was told if I was in need any assistance to please let her know how she could help. The hotel uses contemporary design as it's motif. You won't find any wood rocking chaires here.The lobby is "beautifull" with a huge Fireplace with the back side going into their Toasted Oaks restaurant. The elevators are modern, clean and large.The Hallways are brite with what looks like new carpeting. The Suite we had was very, vey nice. I had read a review stating there was dust on some Tables so I paid close attention to the cleanliness of our suite. I'm guessing a room Manager read the same review and resolved that problem. Our suite was large, clean and fresh smelling. The king bed was super comfortable with a down comfotere and a bunch of smaller pillows.
Thank goodness they let us controll the Temp. We like it cool, "OK" cold at night.
The last Hotel I stayed in told me that corporate decided what temp I could take my room down too !! We went down for some appetizers and drinks in the bar, market area of the Toasted Oaks restaurant. I had mussels and my wife had calamari. They were both very tasty and reasonabley priced. You could also buy a varity of meats and chesses for your room or their courtyard patio off the first floor.
We also had Breakfest Sunday morning at the T/O Restaurant. The wait staff were all dressed in Pajamas. My wife and I had spinch and Feta Cheese Omelets with amecican fries and toast. They were really good. We liked the Feta so much we
bought some to take home. Anouther perk is the location. The hotel is on the outside service drive of 12 Oaks Mall. My wife could not resist so we went over and shoped for a couple of hours. Their are all kinds of places to eat in this area and any store you can think of. One of the reasons I chose the Baronette, besides liking contemporary furnishings was the way the General Manager "Kimberly Greene" answered the Trip Adviser reviews.You can tell by her answers she cares about customer service. You don't see that very often to give personal replies and not just some company line. Her staff was friendly,polite and professional, first class all the way around. I have stayed at a couple of the higher ranked Hotels in Novi and it beats me why the Baronette is not at the top of the list. Maybe because they don't have a pool for the kids. Some people would consider that a plus, don't you think !!
Like Arnold says, I'LL be BACK !!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hydrofan2013
KimberlyGreene, General Manager at The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for commending our team. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with Alexis and the rest of the team. Our design is a contemporary take on a "up north" retreat and I am pleased you enjoyed the look. We take a great deal of care to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and service, and are very fortunate to partner with a great restaurant in Toasted Oak..

Thank you again for your gracious comments, we look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Kim
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We needed a night away from our lives, and couldn't get a one night stay at our first choice, any place in saugatuck. Desperate, I searched for a local place, starting with the Henry in Dearborn.....no dice! Finally stumbled on the hotel baronette, and since they had a reasonably priced room available we went for it. We were pleasantly surprised! The lobby was very boutique, the room was spacious and comfortable, and everything was clean and fresh smelling. The real treat was the toasted oak restaurant, attached to the hotel. It includes a little market where we purchased a very reasonable $22 bottle of chilled wine that we were able to take up to our room. The restaurant provided wine glasses, and we were Able to relax and enjoy it while waiting for our 7 o'clock dinner reservation. Dinner was delightful, starting with appetizers. The smoked trout spread was delicious, and I highly recommend the sausage sampler (house made!). My entree of Lake Michigan trout was good, but the side that came with it wasn't. Hubby's porchina entree was divine, and the side of gnocchi that came with it was how gnocchi is supposed to be, light, fluffy, delicious. Rough night sleeping, the a/c was exceptionally loud when it turned on or off. The bed was a little too firm for us, and of course there was the usual noise you get in a hotel on a Saturday night...slamming doors, a noisy wedding, loud revelers. Breakfast was again delicious, and the room rate included a "coupon" for $12 off our bill. The restaurant prices were reasonable, our dinner bill was under $120 and that included two starters, two entrees, a bottle of wine and two coffees. All in all we were really pleased, and now that we know about this little gem we're planning on doing this at least twice a year, totally worth it to recharge and reconnect. And a huge bonus that's it's only a twenty minute drive!!

• Stayed August 2013
KimberlyGreene, General Manager at The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Renaissance Baronette Hotel -- we are so pleased to be your perfect local getaway. I am so pleased you were able to take full advantage of Toasted Oak Grill and Market, both in the restaurant area, as well as the wine in your guest room -- we think it is a very special treat for our guests.

I am sorry to hear about the noise from the Air Conditioning units, I have asked our Director of Engineering to investigate further. If there is anything further we can do for you in advance of your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at kimberly.greene@thebaronette.com.
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Upon check-in, it was extremely quick and painless. I never had a faster check-in. That was greatly appreciated. The decor around the hotel was nice. Modern touches and warm atmosphere. Down to the room. The design of the room was nice. The bed wasn't the best. It slept a bit rough. My back hurts now as a result. The room was clean, but the walls were a bit thin. You could hear other guests conversations in the halls as well as doors slamming. Not a huge deal though. The room service was good, but they should have someone who's either fluent in English or knows the menu extensively. The guy called back 3times for me to repeat the order. Not sure if they got my drink right. But at least he did confirm. I still drank it. Other than that, I dont really have a negative to report. Maybe the grounds could have been kept up better. I understand there was a wedding the night before but the next morning there were still beer cans and [--] laying around in public view. Not a good look for other guests. Overall, I'd give it a 3 or 3.5. A better bed and a little attention to cleanliness and I'd give it a 4.

• Stayed August 2013
KimberlyGreene, General Manager at The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit to the Renaissance Baronette Hotel. I am happy to see that you were very pleased with your arrival experience.

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I am sorry to hear that you found the beds to be uncomfortable. As you may have seen in other Trip Advisor traveler reviews, many guests comment on the comfort of our beds, and in fact we are #1 of 78 Renaissance Hotels for scores related to the comfort of our beds.

I have spoken with both the Restaurant Manager and the Housekeeping Manager to ensure that your comments are investigated, as your experience with In-Room Dining and exterior cleanliness are not our standard.

We genuinely appreciate your taking the time to give us your feedback.
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night as a romantic getaway. They were offering a package, champagne on arrival day & breakfast in bed the following morning with late checkout (2p.m). There are many great restaurants nearby, a bowling alley with arcade & nightclub, also steps away from a great shopping mall.Best date night ever.Staff is very friendly & helpful.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your recent visit to the Renaissance Baronette Hotel, I am delighted that you enjoyed your "date night". Your comments were very kind, it is always nice when we hear that our guests have connected with our staff.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was my first stay in Novi, and I was expecting a Marriott property to meet a bare minimum bar - I was wrong. The rooms were tiny, there were left overs lying all over the corridors, and the breakfast buffet was very poor for the price. The only good thing was the location - this place is in the middle of a mall and if you want to do some good shopping, you could just walk out and get started.
My recommendation - stay away! You have better choices for a cheaper price close by!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent visit to the Renaissance Baronette Hotel. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I am sorry to hear that you found the size of our rooms to be small. As you may have seen in other Trip Advisor traveler reviews, many guests comment on the spaciousness of our guest rooms.

I have spoken with both the Restaurant Manager to review the process for In-Room Dining tray retrieval to ensure that they do not litter the guest hallways. In addition, we have made some recent changes to our breakfast buffet, and there is always an a la carte option on the menu.

We genuinely appreciate your taking the time to give us your feedback.