The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewstoasted oaktwelve oaks mallgrill marketfitness facilityhotel is beautifulon site restaurantdecent sizeshopping mallfront desk staffrooms are nicei highly recommend this hotelnovi areabusiness tripoatmealweddingmarriottlobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 30, 2011

This is a nice facility with an excellent restaurant on premises "Toasted Oaks" that is extraodinary with food and customer service...I wish the customer service translated to the stay. The cleanliness of our room was ok but was not swept/vacummed upon check in dinner time - the next day we discovered remnants of the previos persons stay with fried food and candy around the middle bed phone console as well as nail clippings around the beds. Upon request of a cleaning as we were stepping out, we assured that this was not the Ren Baronnette standards + would be cleaned immediately...upon return, there was fried food, candy, and nail clippings still present in the same place - but the main traffic area was swept...the lady also took the $5 i left her...guess she earned it? Room was then cleaned a 3rd time and room charge comped (Thank you!) but my wife had to tell the front desk that this was the 3rd time we spoke to him about it & it should not get to this at a Mariott Renaissance; even when it is pointed out to management. Next day, we came back from the ballgame downtown, and there was a stain on the pillow case that appeared to be melted chocolate??? not sure, i walked it down to the front desk and asked for a replacement pillow case for the room notifying them that this was the condition of the "clean room" when we returned...there was never a pillow case replaced that evening by management or housekeeping...which i found incredibly stupid on the front desks behalf....but was too busy enjoying the bottle of wine purchased from the Toasted Oaks! Attention to greeting customers arriving and departing was lacking throughout the stay and was average...I have stayed at Renaissance locations several times and can say this is not the Marriott way...I was not greeted as a Rewards member (no big deal) but when other red flags pop up this is bad

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Engel T
KimberlyGreene, General Manager at The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2011

Thank you for your recent visit to The Baronette Renaissance Hotel, and for your loyalty as a Marriott Rewards member. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional guest service; I am disappointed to hear the details of your stay.

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I understand how frustrating it can be when there is no follow through on items brought to our attention. I have shared your comments regarding the friendliness of our team with the Front Office Manager to review with our staff. I am working very closely with our Style department to ensure that we are providing the highest levels of cleanliness and your comments have provided us with a valuable tool for training.

We genuinely appreciate your taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed May 14, 2011

Delightful upscale hotel with usual upscale amenities but one very unusual and unique feature is an on-site wine and cheese bar 'deli' where you can sit and read your paper, drink your wine and order from several menu items or simply order a platter of meats and cheeses custom prepared. This 'deli' sets the Baronette apart from it's peers.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
mwaun, Director of Sales at The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2011

Dear mer1956,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We agree with you that our charcuterie and cheese deli is something truly special. We look forward to spoiling you again in the near future!

Best Regards,

Mike Waun

Reviewed March 16, 2011

I've stayed at the Baronette for over 10 nights from 3 separate trips to the Detroit area in the last few months. My experience from each stay has been excellent and consistent. Here are some of my PROS and CONS-

PROS:
+Newly renovated rooms are comfortable with mini-fridge, new 37" TV, and sofa/furniture I would actually use.
+Bathroom nicely appointed with dual shower heads (even better than the Westin Heavenly showers) but no tubs
+Walking distance to Twelve Oaks Mall
+Friendly Staff
+Platinum members have unlimited access to specialty snacks and drinks in the gift shop
+Great restaurant Toasted Oaks located in hotel. It's not your typical hotel restaurant, and I would actually eat there if I lived in the local area.
+Fast Internet speed

CONS:
-No Platinum member lounge
-A/C Heater system runs pretty often and is a bit noisier than other central air units.

I'm being overly picky on the CONS, but definitely this is a hotel that exceeds my expectation in terms of value for the money and quality of service.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jonemi_h
mwaun, Director of Sales at The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2011

Dear Toyota_Rep, Thank you for your kind evaluation of our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty to The Baronette, and for highlighting some of the unique features that our guests will discover when they stay with us. When considering a concierge lounge we felt that we could offer a more convenient and consistent product through our pantry. I am glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of this amenity during your stay. We also plan to provide maintenance to the central air unit in the guest room that you were in to eliminate the minor noise issue that you experienced. We look foward to your next visit to The Baronette!

Reviewed February 28, 2011

After staying at the Baronnette several times myself for business, I was so impressed by the property and staff that I held my team meeting there this past week. The rooms are beautiful, clean and very comfortable. The food in the hotel is amazing! Rave reviews from everyone!! The meeting room was perfect and every effort was made to ensure our needs were met. The staff in the hotel is super eager to please and is very friendly. The Baronnette is convenient to I-96 and surrounded by shopping, restaurants and local attractions. I would recommend this to everyone planning a meeting or just staying yourself! I feel like I'm being treated while being away from home for business!

Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
mwaun, Director of Sales at The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2011

Mary Ann, Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. I have shared your feedback with our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Novi.

Reviewed December 31, 2010

Special occasion local hotel stay. Picked this hotel because of all the Hilton or Marriott properties in the area, this seemed the most upscale (used points for stay). Lobby is very tasteful, very "boutique" with huge gas fireplace, areas divided by mesh curtains, front desk without any clutter, nothing behind it, etc. Decor of hotel includes sculpture, much of it auto-industry themed.

Hotel is located at the Twelve Oaks mall, walking distance to anything you could want.

Room was nice, very tasteful. Noted that despite 2010 overhaul, carpet was mildly frayed, also in hallway saw a bulge in carpet that was very noticeable.

We arrived after dinner at a restaurant for a special occasion stay, checking in around 8:30PM for one night. Room was on 3rd floor, which is reserved for Elite Marriot members and is keycard access only. Room included a deep "Japanese-style" tub, basically a regular sized bathtub that is very deep. Nice glass doors on tub, but stream of water from showerhead went around the edge and came out at the edge of the glass door, creating pool of water on floor. Next shower we took we placed facecloth to divert water into tub...

Like many Marriott properties, snacks and drinks available free to Elite guests, but selection was limited to several types of candy bars and peanuts. No popcorn, chips, pretzels, much more sparse selection than I'm used to.

As elite guest, breakfast was free continental, but we arrived after 9AM and the continental buffet was taken down. Instead you can order continental items, or apply $8 towards breakfast. We opted for the credit, and ordered eggs, bacon, toast for $8, coffee was $3.00 extra. Great breakfast.

Prior to stay, called twice to ask questions given that it was a special occasion. First call was to very reservation, ask about upgrades, and request the deep tub, not knowing it wasn't anything special. Second call was to ask if they loan DVD players (they do not). Second call staff member was less responsive, seemed junior and more abrupt.

On check-in, front desk clerk very friendly, smooth checkin. On checkout, same thing. However, breakfast that was charged to room had come through without tip, which I noticed. Took close to 10 minutes between front desk and restaurant to get it properly processed, which I waited for to ensure that waiter did not get stiffed on tip.

All in all, a nice stay. Used 20,000 Marriott points, which is a lot, but almost empty account anyway (I have been staying at Hiltons, but there are no high-end Hilton properties close to me).

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Baronette, Manager at The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2011

Dear rickmktg,
Thank you for your kind and detailed review. I have shared your comments with our associates and they appreciate your acknowledgment of their efforts. We are in the process of making several changes for our Elite guests by increasing the number of offerings in the Pantry and we will be providing DVDs and players for guests who would like this amenity. We will speak with our reservation office to review your comments about their performance. I apologize that the check out did not go as smooth as it should. We are using your experience as a case study to help us improve. Again thank you for your specific review—it is very helpful to us. I hope we have the opportunity to have you as guest again.
Kind regards,