“Pretty nice stay”

Staybridge Suites - Novi
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend with our 22 month old while visiting family nearby. After reading prior reviews and being worried about noise, I called to request a ans crib 3rd floor room so we would not have to hear walking and banging above us. They said they could not guarantee the room location but the crib should not be a problem. When we checked in, they did not have a third floor room for us but they did give us a free upgrade from a one bedroom to a two bedroom suite. We were thrilled about that, so our son had his own room with a door to close instead of sleeping in the living room area. The room was very clean and cozy. The crib was an actual mini crib and not a pack and play, which is nice too. The only flaws we found were that we were able to hear walking and banging above us. But it was not horrible and we always travel with white noise machines just in case. We also could have used one of those lamps with extra outlets on the night stand but that's not a deal breaker. We also ate breakfast both mornings. The food was decent and they did have plenty of height chairs, but there are not many tables. We were lucky enough to have been down there when it was not crowded. They also did not have water to drink among the many drink choices.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
sbsnovi, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Novi, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay, glad that you had an overall good experience! Water is available during breakfast, It is one of the tabs on the complementary fountain soda machine. Be sure to look for this on future visits :) I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your room location request. Our team looks forward to having you with us again soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stayed for one night as a mini getaway with my toddler. Stayed in March 2014. Great experience! Got upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite, which was perfect! Room was clean, kitchen and bathrooms were also clean. My child LOVED the pool and it was usually just us down there. Pool area was clean, water was a little cold and the chlorine was STRONG, it was actually making my skin burn a little bit. Breakfast was good the next morning, however, the area is small and there are not many tables. Got down there at 7:30 (when breakfast started) and there was nowhere to sit. Could also hear a lot of noise from room above us and snoring through the walls (comes along with the territory of staying at a hotel I suppose). Will absolutely be coming back here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The rooms are beautiful with many amenities except I didn't like that the see through curtains were the only curtains you could pull completely shut. There were regular curtains but only on the edges of the window and you can't pull them to shut out the light. So if you like sleeping in the dark like I do without bright lights shining in your window then you might be disappointed, other than that it was a nice room and it was pretty quiet, I heard someone snoring at one point so I put on the microwave fan to drown out any noise.

• Stayed: February 2014
sbsnovi, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Novi, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Hello... I am glad to hear that you had a great stay at our hotel. A note on hotel curtains :) Almost any chain affiliated hotel will have blackout curtains. In hotels, the blackout curtains are usually located behind the sheer (see through) curtain. The curtains that you first see are decorative and usually do not open/close (although people get creative at times with those).

Tip - look behind the sheer curtains for the black out shades (they are usually white). If you can't find them, please contact the front desk. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

The hotel was well maintained and lobby very nice. Rooms were okay. Beds not comfortable and pull out was very bad. This brand is not as good as a Springhill suites or Hampton inn suites as far as quality. We checked in later at night and asked for extra blanket. Front desk made a big deal out of it and said housekeeping was gone and she didn't have access to the linens. Weird, never heard that before.

Room Tip: Probably best to stay on a side that does not face the hospital emergency. We didn't have an pr...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
sbsnovi, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Novi, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for taking your time to provide feedback during your recent visit. I am sorry to hear about the problems you experienced with the front desk, bedding, and the pull out sofas. I will share your feedback with our team so we can prevent the issues in the future.

We are committed to an outstanding stay experience, many of our guests love the hotel and Staybridge brand. I hope that you get to visit us again for a longer visit, this will allow you an opportunity to get a true feel for the services and value that we provide.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

So glad I decided to stay here on my trip to the Novi, MI area. Less than 2 miles away from the Suburban Collection Showcase (convention center), and in the midst of the full range of shopping, dining, and convenience...it's the BEST.
First, the hotel staff is over the top ! From speedy check-in, to assistance with whatever they see you're struggling with, to opening an entry door when they see you fumbling in the cold with your card-key... I just can't say enough. All of the staff deserve kudos from the management...everyone was so friendly and helpful.. but I wanted to mention by name Terese, Elaine, and Gina at the front desk, and Najla my housekeeper, .. what wonderful people ! I so appreciate your efforts in ensuring total satisfaction with my stay.
Some specifics: lovely suites with kitchenettes. Spotlessly clean. The entire hotel was neat and clean, too. Breakfast buffet: tasty, freshly-cooked breakfast fare, and plenty of choices. Tue, Wed & Thu evening buffets. Terrific. I was only able to enjoy the Fajitas bar on Thu, but it was amazing !
Just a couple "dings": the hotel has old-style doors that slam shut (if occupants aren't careful to catch the door). The construction of the building is probably of lumber vs concrete between floors, so you get a lot of "foot" noise. The sofa bed in my room (329) was awful..not that I slept on it...there was no way... The frame is completely out of alignment. If I had had a guest, I would have recommended just putting the mattress on the floor. Mgt: might need to make repairs to the frame. Other than that, everything else in 329 is A+.
I would highly recommend this property to everyone staying in the area of the Suburban Collection Showplace. If I return, this will always be my choice to lodge. Thank you so much. RStrauch

Room Tip: Request the top floor, and away from the elevator area. The hotel is in a hospital-area development...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for the many great comments about your visit with us!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We were very impressed with the kindness of the staff. We had some extenuating circumstances and they were very accommodating to early check-ins and late check-outs. They day we planned to leave we ended up with our car dying a half mile away from the hotel during a snowstorm. When we returned to the hotel to see if we could check in for another night one of the staff right away brought hot chocolates for my children and I and made us comfortable and warm in the lobby while we waited for our room to be ready. The rooms were great. The pool was great. They had movies and games that could be checked out, which was very helpful when travelling with kids. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris S
sbsnovi, General Manager at Staybridge Suites - Novi, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your visit! It sure was a tough week last week with the bitter cold. Feels like a heat wave this week with temps in the upper thirties. I am glad that you had a great experience and will share your outanding comments with our team!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Spent the night at Staybridge, Novi. Rooms are very nicely appointed. Liked the fact that the living area and bedroom were separate. We went into Novi, Twelve Oaks, and just wanted to come back to hotel to use pool and hot tub so we picked up dinner and had dinner in the room as there were dishes, silver and wine glasses in room. The hotel itself is very clean, staff very friendly and helpful. Pool and jacuzzi area clean and warm. Breakfast was great! So much more than other hotels we have stayed. We really enjoyed our stay. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple