“Average Hampon Inn” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Novi
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Average Hampon Inn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Better then the last visit I had where the construction had the place ripped apart. Asked for a quiet locaton for the room and was put next to some type of high school group. Needless to say it was not quiet and we had to contact management to get them to settle down. You can hear everything going on in the halls and the walls are thin from room to room. Once the kids left it was better so I guess it depends on how considerate your neighbors are how quiet your experience will be. The bathtub was extremely slippery and my husband fell while showering and hurt his hand. Housekeeping put in a mat, but that really is not a permanent solution, those mats can slip and make it even worse. No excuse for this at all, lucky he didn't injure himself much worse. Light switch in the bathroom was very difficult to turn off and on, never in my life have I seen a gadget work like this one does. On the positive side the breakfast was very good with many choices and well stocked. Bed were comfortable and internet access was good. I wish I liked this place better because we have family in the area and it's a convenient location, but they just miss on provided a quiet, comfortable and safe environment.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DTTNI, General Manager at Hampton Inn - Detroit / Novi at 14 Mile Road, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your receipt review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the noise you experienced during your stay with us. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options to soundproof our property. In addition, I sincerely apologize that your husband slipped in the bathroom. Our main priority is to ensure the safety of our guests and I can assure you that I will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Dearborn, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Liked the place alot, just wish the remotes on the TV worked. Rplaced it once then gave up. Would stay there again. Had the hot tube room, nice but could have been a bigger tube, good enough for the two of us. Water faucet was a little finecky.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

When we arrived the staff was wonderful. Our room was clean and bright. We appreciated that. My husband and I went on this trip for our anniversary so I rented us a room with a whirlpool tub. When we went to use the tub the drain did not work. I alerted the front desk and they left a message with maintenance because it was after hours. Basically there was nothing they could do for us as there was no other room available with the whirlpool. They did knock our rate down a bit to the rate without the tub. Then I was going to just take a regular bath in the bathroom, and guess what? That drain didn't work either! Again, there wasn't anything to be done other than give us another discount. There were a lot of tiny things wrong, remote didn't work unless we were on top of the tv. Light bulbs were out in a couple of the lamps. But these were just little things, no big deal. They keep the hotel nice and clean. The rooms themselves were very nice. The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed them. We would stay here again. Just kind of bummed us out and put a damper on our night. We have 3 kids and don't get to go away often. We were really looking forward to the tub.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Love staying at ths hotel! Stay here every year for an area dance competition and I am never disappointed. Very friendly staff, great free breakfast buffet. Rooms are always clean. After a very long day at a dance competition, I picked up pizza to bring back with us to the hotel. I realized I didn't have plates or napkins so I asked at the front desk. Without hesitation, a staff member slipped her way into the closed breakfast area and handed me plates, napkins and plasticware!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

The only thing less than desirable was the big screen television. I'm used to HDTV and these pixels were SHOT! Also, a full-sized bath but there was no bath tub, only a shower. Blah blah blah blah blah!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We love going to this hotel. The staff are so helpful and friendly. The bedrooms are spotless and the bedding so clean and fresh. Our kids just love going down for breakfast, you-name it they have it and it tastes wonderful. Amazing value if you get one of their offers. The only thing that lets it down is the pool area. Although it is a decent size we found it very cold. It would be nice if it was heated, and they can sometimes put a bit too much chemicals in the hot tub, but even so our kids love going down at night. The location is great as it is not far from 12 Oaks mall and right beside it is an amazing Target, Costco and Michaels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times, and overall it's satisfactory. However, my latest stay I had a couple issues I think need to be addressed. First, they my finalized bill outside my door instead of putting it underneath my door. Why is this a concern? Well, it contains my full name and personal address as well as my Hilton honors number, etc.... Anyone could have picked it up and obtained my personal information. When leaving, I noticed they did this to everyone on my floor. STOP being lazy and put the bill underneath the door so NO one has access to it other than the occupant!!! Second issue, my door is not attached properly! There is such a gap around the door that someone could easily use a credit card or keys and open the door without the room key. Yes, I tried it and found that it was so easy that a first grader could do it. The room was 406. Third, the clock in the room is junk and it needs to be replaced. Other than those issues, the room was fine a d front staff friendly.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NatBkEx
DTTNI, General Manager at Hampton Inn - Detroit / Novi at 14 Mile Road, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hello NatBkEx,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you staying with us and am glad that you found our Front Desk staff to be friendly. I understand your concern with the delivery of your express check out and have already addressed it with our management team. I have also inspected the gap between the door and door frame so that our maintenance team can correct the issue. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance.

Thank you again.