New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Novi
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Beware of Construction!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Attended a family event over the weekend with a block of rooms reserved by the party hosts. Walked into the BIGGEST MESS i''ve ever seen. From the moment you walked into the door they were tearing things apart with yellow tape blocking the door way. The noise of the jack hammer working on tile was deafening. Construction dust was everywhere. You could trip on uneven areas on the floor. It even went into the elevators. We were dressing up to attend events and walking through a total constructon nightmare. If I had been told I would NEVER have stayed there. One of our group was on the first floor next to the mess and had to enter the room outside because the hallway was closed to get to their room. They had 2 small kids that needed to nap and the noise was horrible. I told the GM you should have closed this hotel during the construction instead of subjecting paying guests to this mess. Totally inexcusable and a very poor way to run a business. They scammed the hosts of the weekend because they were never told about this beforehand. We complained and received on free night because of the 100% satisfaction that Hampton Inns offer. Didn't cover the aggravation of the experience.

The suite was one large room no divider to separate the bedroom with sitting area. Shower pressure was not strong. Beds were comfortable. Cooling system cycled loudly and distubrbed sleep. If you turned the temperature up one degree it would kick on the heat! Totally messed up system.

Breakfast was nice and plenty of choices. Staff was friendly. Couldn't sit long due to the construction underfoot and the noise level.

Place might be nice once completed, but right now it's terrible and the management of this hotel should be totally and completely ashamed of the manner in which guests were exposed to this construction nightmare!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn - Detroit / Novi at 14 Mile Road, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Hampton Inn Detroit/Novi. On behalf of the entire staff at the hotel, we sincerely apologize for the renovation construction of our lobby that began just prior to your arrival. We tried to do all possible to minimize any inconvenience to our guests by making sure the construction equipment did not begin until after breakfast hours and completed by 5 PM. Your satisfaction is very important to us and I’m happy to learn you received a complimentary night stay due to our 100% satisfaction guarantee. We appreciated your comments about our friendly staff and good breakfast. We hope you will consider staying with us again as we would love for you to enjoy the improvements we made to our property. Thank you again for your review.

Cheryl Cox
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a wedding and it was very comfortable. The hot breakfast was awesome & the bed was real comfortable!

• Stayed June 2012
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Nice property; very clean; friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was included, very average typical serve yourself small buffet but changed some selections every morning which was nice.
Hallways felt like the building was not strongly built, could feel "give" and heard noises like it was wood sub floors which is unusual in a multi storey newer building.
Price was very competitive, close enough to Novi and lots of shopping and dining.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

I have stayed their when the power was out in my home. The service is good but the room was not clean and the carpet was dated. Their are better options in that area of Novi.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank awesomereviews
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

This is a newer hotel and one of the nicer Hamptons Inn I've stayed at. Room were extremely clean, esp. the bathroom, and staff was friendly, courteous, and professional. Internet access was also strong and reliable. The room also came with a microwave and a mini-fridge, which I also appreciated.

I was a little concerned about potential noise since I'm very noise sensitive and the hotel is located on a major intersection. Based on previous reviews, I asked for a room facing the pond and did not have any problems.

There are restaurants within driving distance and a movie theater within walking distance. Target/Meijer and some other stores are about 5 minutes down the road. Easy highway access to get to Tweleve Oaks Mall and other destinations in Novi.

There was a mix-up with my bill during my stay, and the clerk at the front desk was very apologetic and even offered me a $25 gas card for the inconvenience. He wasn't able to resolve the issue and the manager was not available, but I believe he went the extra mile to try to remedy the situation. (And the billing error did get resolved).

Although I stayed here on vacation, I'll keep this property in mind for future business trips as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pond away from the interstate if you're noise-sensitive.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank DCTraveler2011
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

The service at this hotel really stood out. The front desk was friendly and helpful. The lady serving breakfast was so personable and happy to refill or get what we asked for. The manager's reception on Wednesday evening was really nice and appreciated- mostacolli, breadsticks, and a wonderful surf and turf salad was served. We enjoyed using the pool every evening. Our room was clean and comfortable. Again, from the manager on down, everyone we came across was smiling and helpful. A very pleasant experience!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

I stayed here on business this week. The hotel is pretty good overall and my room would have been nice if their housekeeping staff was properly doing their job. The bathroom overall was clean but it was the shower had not been properly maintained by housekeeping. There was a walk in shower with a sliding glass door. The floor of the shower had a raised pebble like texture to it and I instantly noticed that there was darker, discolored areas of dirt and stains that had not been properly cleaned in the texture. The housekeeping manager should have noticed this when doing room checks. It was gross and I wore my flip flops while I showered because I was not about to go barefoot. In the hotel's defense, when I called them to alert them of the shower problem they did offer to let me switch rooms but by the time I noticed the problem I was already unpacked and going to bed and did not feel like changing rooms. The rest of the room was clean except for the heater. The vent had lots of dust/dirt build up inside which again should not have been overlooked by housekeeping. The hotel did offer to not charge me and I declined and wanted to pay for my stay. Upon leaving, they did give me a $25 BP Fuel gift card. I would not stay here again because I do not think the property is well managed.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank hobiecatsailor
DTTNI, General Manager at Hampton Inn - Detroit / Novi at 14 Mile Road, responded to this review, February 18, 2012
Hello Hobiecatsailor,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your stay with us last month. I appreciate your feedback and am glad that although your experience with our textured shower floor and heater vent was not up to par, our front desk service and the balance of the guest room did meet your expectations. We take pride in our cleanliness and service and are ranked #2 out of 31 Hampton Inns through the state and also among the top Hampton Inns throughout the world consistently receiving the "Circle of Excellence" award. I'm sorry that the room you stayed in didn't reflect this same level cleanliness. Please be assured that your experience and feedback has been shared with our Housekeeping Department to help insure that this doesn't happen again. Feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance either now or in the future. Thank you again.

Ernie Backalar