“Love the burger choices, leave the patties”

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Ranked #81 of 191 Restaurants in Novi
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Novi, Michigan
“Love the burger choices, leave the patties”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have had different experiences with different Red Robins in the past, so this review is for this location only:

My fiancé and I went to Red Robin for Veterans' Day (the Monday after) and they had a free cheeseburger special for veterans, which was awesome--thank you for supporting our troops, Red Robin! They even partnered with Heinz to send thank you 'cards' to veterans (using QR codes on the ketchup bottles), which I appreciated.

The waiter was nice and the service was about what you would expect, neither discourteous nor overly friendly. Maybe average to slightly above average.

The Tavern Double burger was just okay. The toppings were great (I chose the "cry baby" style), but the patties were pretty thin and it sort of felt like I was eating a McDonalds burger, not a thick patty that I would expect from a burger place. ("Where's the beef?") I do love all of the choices they provide for the burgers though, it surpasses pretty much any other burger joint in terms of choices, but it would have been nice to be able to order a thick, juicy, medium-rare burger at a burger joint, not settle for a thin, not very juicy, well done burger. Ah well.

The drink I had (raspberry limeade) wasn't as sweet as I would have liked, but I am not discouraged, I have had great drinks at other Red Robin locations and I look forward to trying many of the other items on their beverage menu, like their malts and milkshakes. I love that they have unique flavors such as the freckled lemonade and the Samuel Adams milkshake, I probably just picked a drink that wasn't right for me. I was hoping it old taste like Sonic's raspberry limeade (which is one of my favorite drinks of all time). The Red Robin rendition is more carbonated and tastes more like soda water. Perhaps the syrup in their Sprite box was running low?

Red Robin isn't my favorite restaurant, but it is one of my Fiance's favorite restaurants, so we will be back. Maybe my next visit will be a better experience and put it on my favorites list, too?...

• Visited November 2012

“Loud babies and mechanical smoke.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

We have had dinner at this location for many years. When we are hungry for their towering onion rings, this is where we go. The service is always fast, and the food consistently good.. Otherwise, tonight was a different experience, as there was a noticeable amount of mechanical smoke in the seating area that caused a few babies to continously cry. We were surprised that this condition continued our entire stay. Perhaps the air conditioning equipment needs repair.

Haan, Germany
“Best Burgers in MI”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

It is no doubt that the best burgers you can eat in Michigan are served at Red Robin. Also the staff is very friendly and helpful. I was served by Bree, and I can tell that she is one of the best staff I have ever seen in a burger restaurant. Only issue is about the carpets. I think they should be replaced with tiles or parquettes, since it does not seem and feel to be clean.

• Visited June 2012
Tyler, Texas, United States
“GREAT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

It was so good we went back the next night. Kids Loved it

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Sonya H
“Red Robin specializes in burgers. :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Red Robin here in Novi is an excellent place to go if you are looking to find the juiciest,best-tasting,and awesome burgers.It is my favorite restaurant and I think you should go there too! This restaurant has amazing decoration! They specialize in burgers and the meals are filling with their bottomless french fries. I can not tell you any negative thoughts about Red Robin.I go there often! They also have great service.

• Visited May 2012